Home

Sir Tru and SM27's All Pro slider discussion

This is a discussion on Sir Tru and SM27's All Pro slider discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2004, 10:49 AM   #33
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Sir Tru and SM27's All Pro slider discussion

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE COMPTEMPLATING GIVING UP ON THIS GAME, I SUGGEST YOU GIVE THESE BABIES A TRY........

Great work on these sliders, guys. I played 3 1/2 games last night with them, and so far, they are yielding realistic results, stats, and gameplay. The CPU still passes all over me, but I have yet to play with a team that has a shutdown corner. Results so far using current rosters:

(My team listed first)

Atlanta 38, Arizona 17: Vick was like 12-19, 189 yards....Dunn held to 44 yards on 19 carries.....McCown (ARZ) threw three picks....Emmitt had a great game, 93 yards on 24 carries, 1 TD.

Philadelphia 31, Detroit 22: Lions outgained me 402 yards to 260, but defense forced 3 turnovers on Detroit's side of the field.....Westbrook's slashing running style (100 yards on 19 carries) and TO's precise route running (6 catches, 67 yards, 2 TD's) bailed me out in the redzone....defense returned a fumble for a TD...Harrington was like 26-40, 376 yards, but also threw 2 picks.

Cincinnati 34, Baltimore 19: My most complete game I have played on Madden.....Brian Simmons 8 tackles, 2 int's (1 for a TD), the other pick set up Rudi Johnson TD runs.....Carson Palmer 14-24 126 yards, 2 TD's....and my favorite stat of them all...Kyle Boller 16-33, 187 yards 2 INT's.....I think Boller is a bust, and he's showing it in real life and on Madden.....guy couldn't complete a third down pass to save his life.

And for those who think that last game is unrealistic and I am a superb player (which I am not....I am as average as it gets), check out this game:

Green Bay 3
Indianapolis 12 (Halftime)

Favre knocked out of the game with separated shoulder....Ahman Green held to 6 yards on 7 carries.....Peyton Manning (14-20, 240 yards) lighting me up, but I am stopping him in the redzone....Vanderjagdt has 4 FG's.

Conclusions

1. Sliders are extremely balanced.

2. Running game for both teams right about normal.

3. Impact players are making impacts.

4. You can get interceptions even with HUM INT slider turned down to 0

5. Still concerned about CPU passing on me at will....especially on third down (the Lions were like 11-17 on me, but then again, Sheldon Brown and LIto Sheppard are youngin's)....need to see if they burn All-Pro CBs....I know i can't pass on them myself.

ALL IN ALL GREAT JOB BY SIR TRU AND SM27....AND TO MILLENIUM WHO MADE SLIGHT ADJUSTMENTS!!!! THEIR COLLECTIVE TESTING AS YIELDED A POSITIVE GAME PLAYING EXPERIENCE FOR YOURS TRULY!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:52 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Have any of you found these sliders too easy? I am dominating all games I play. I love the sliders so I find them hard to give up, but I am on the verge of going 16-0 with the dolphins.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:50 AM   #35
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

I've played 13 regular season games with these sliders as the Patriots and am current 10-3. I've had a couple of blowouts, I've been blownout, I've had some tight games, there's been an upset... all in all, I'm really enjoying these sliders. The stats that they produce are within the realm of realism but more importantly the games that I've played with these sliders have been fun.

I did tweak the sliders slightly to make my running game much less effective and my passing game slightly more effective. Honestly, with the way my games are playing out with these sliders I don't think I'll be using All-Madden mode this year even though I swore by it in 2003 and 2004.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2004, 01:39 PM   #36
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinsPhan
Have any of you found these sliders too easy? I am dominating all games I play. I love the sliders so I find them hard to give up, but I am on the verge of going 16-0 with the dolphins.
They aren't easy if you stay away from the money plays. The only money play I know is the PA rollout in the two-back, two-wideout veer formation....if you send the flanker in motion, he's almost always open for a short dump off that usually results in a 10-15 yard RAC.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:02 AM   #37
Rookie

ok seriously are you guys really struggling to pass with the CPU AWR set to 13?....i never really feel threatened about losing in madden if u know what i mean...i rekon HUM QB ACC at 10 and CPU AWR at 20
Old 10-04-2004, 11:51 AM   #38
Rookie

Irishman's Arena

I like these sliders a lot. I had to increase QB Accuracy because every bullet throw looked like a lob, which is unrealistic for McNabb (I'm play with the Eagles). The CPU offense can be really tough with these settings, though. I have given up too many long runs in my games so far, and the CPU really knows how to take advantage of a breakdown. I am currently 1-2 in my preseason using these sliders. Good work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »