Home

Team slider project for Madden.

This is a discussion on Team slider project for Madden. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2004, 07:29 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Team slider project for Madden.

The Best break block is this... The average of Strength and Acceleration for your front 4. Simple as that.

I had 7 sacks with the cowboys against the worst pass blocking team in the league... the browns.

This idea for sliders is soo amazing. Everygame is so realistic

Lions (me) beat ravens on goal line 2pt conv stand. *ed reed was injured*
Bengals beat Giants (me) by 10
Cowboys(me) beat Giants by 37 *7 sacks 4 tackaways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2004, 07:48 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm thinking.. I haven't played another game since i beat the Chargers 27-0, but I think these sliders work just as well for the human player on the pro level.

However, if I find that I'm still shutting down the CPU offense, I might bump up sliders on offense for CPU by 2.

I think these sliders do work just as well on the pro level, but some slight adjustments might be needed :P
Old 08-28-2004, 09:44 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkroc
Nolesfan:

So is the chart that Timathie posted not correct if so I have to change what I have done.
Actually, I didn't even look at the chart. When I did it I didn't use a chart. I just used my little equation and that was that. I may get back into this for NCAA and maybe even Madden. I'm a coach mode guy so it can't do anything but help.

Like Timathie said, the original theory belongs to PurplePowerNC. I just used his idea and made it work for me with the equation. From that you can probably tell that I love math.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:47 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Damn dorry guys just woke up (long night).

Ok I haven't started my dynasty yet but yes you pick it so you have 32 teams and then just de-heighlight the games you don't want to play. You can make changes so the cpu will handle all rosters changes for the other 31 teams through the management option found in my madden under coach options.

To change the off and def startegies is under philosophy in the coach options.

Now Timathie said BB, he put at 5 clicks but I thought that the avg of the defensive linemen's strength would be better, but then the avg of the speed and strength would be perfect. When I averaged both str and spd the setting was lower so the avg of the 4 defensive linemen would be better.

I have already done the panthers, ravens, eagles, and redskins so far.

I will post the Off and Def play book strategeies tomorrow along with the 4 teams I have done so far. There are no updates to these unless theer is an injury or big trade.

Also this works very well for Ncaa 2005
I have made some changes to the slider fourmula. I will Post soon.

Tim
Old 08-28-2004, 09:54 PM   #45
Rookie

Here is the basic formula. I have made some changes that work very well. Please let me know what you think. Now also if you must reread the frist post in this thread to get the basic concept. It will answer most ?. But if you have any just ask.

I use All pro.

Take you avg score from the players ratings for the slider you are doing then -59 from that score and bingo you have you slider number. Remember that they go left to right, 0 - 20. See chart below.

Slider chart

Avg. score --- How many clicks on the slider

60 --- 0
61 --- 1
62 --- 1
63 --- 2
64 --- 2
65 --- 3
66 --- 3
67 --- 4
68 --- 4
69 --- 5
70 --- 5
71 --- 6
72 --- 6
73 --- 7
74 --- 7
75 --- 8
76 --- 8
77 --- 9
78 --- 9
79 --- 10
80 --- 10
81 --- 11
82 --- 11
83 --- 12
84 --- 12
85 --- 13
86 --- 13
87 --- 14
88 --- 14
89 --- 15
90 --- 15
91 --- 16
92 --- 16
93 --- 17
94 --- 17
95 --- 18
96 --- 18
97 --- 19
98 --- 19
99 --- 20

Use these to set the sliders based on the team you are using. This works in both coach and head to head. But I mostly play in coach mode myself, and head to head my need a little tweaking to make more even. Lets face it humans are still smarter then CPUs.

QB Passing-Take Pass Accuracy of your starting QB to get a PASSING Number and adjust accordingly.

Pass Blocking-Take the average of the Pass Blocking of each of your 5 starting offencive lineman to get a BLOCKING Number and adjust accordingly.

WR Catching-Take the average of the Catch rating of your top 3 WRs and starting TE and get a CATCH number and adjust accordingly.

Running Ability-Take Overall rating of your starting HB to Get a RUNNING Number and adjust accordingly. Or you can take the avg of both the starting HB and FB overall rating to get a running number. Or last you can take the overall rating of the starting FB if he is your main rusher. Any of these will work out well.

Run Blocking-Take the average of the Run Blocking of each of your 5 starting offencive lineman, fullback, and tightend to get a BLOCKING Number and adjust accordingly.

Knockdowns-Take the average of the Jumping rating of all 11 starting defencesive players and adjust accordingly.

Break Blocks-Take the average of the speed, acceluration, and streangth rating of you starting Dline and LBS, then adjust accordingly.

Tackling-Take the average of the Tackle rating of all 11 of your defensive starters and get your Tackling Number and adjust accordingly.

Ints-Take the average of the Catch rating of all of your starting LBs and DBs and get your Int Number and adjust accordingly.

Awareness-Take the average of the awareness rating for all 11 defensive players and adjust accordingly.

Special Teams sliders- I use the kickers Power and Accuracy numbers and adjust accordingly.

Tim

Last edited by Timathie; 08-28-2004 at 10:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2004, 10:02 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Nolesfan:

Why didn't you post this when Madden or Ncaa 2005 came out? This idea is fantastic and even though it is annoying having to change the cpu's sliders it is worth it because the games are so much better.

I am working on a universal slider set using your idea by taking the average of all the current Nfl team players so far I have done the Qb's and Rb's it took about 30min to complete these but the others will take a little more time.

This will be my new way of tweaking all of my spots sliders because it makes so much more sense.

So is the chart that Timathie posted not correct if so I have to change what I have done.

lhsballa11:

I will post my 4( panthers, redskins, eagles, ravens) in your thread tomorrow but we all need to be on the same page about the BB so since you already started what did you do for BB.

I also have sp teams sliders that work very well.
Yes the chart is correct. Just look at it for yourself. There are only 20 clicks to a slider. 59 = 0, 99 = 20.

Tim

Last edited by Timathie; 08-28-2004 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:07 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

So the lowest possible rating in Madden is 59? It's 40 in NCAA. That's what I was going off of. If it's 59 in Madden then you'd use:

Code:
Slider Value = Avg - 59
               ________
Old 08-28-2004, 10:12 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
So the lowest possible rating in Madden is 59? It's 40 in NCAA. That's what I was going off of. If it's 59 in Madden then you'd use:

Code:
Slider Value = Avg - 59
               ________

Ok I see where you are at. No the lowerest score you can get in madden in any rating this year is 0. But I just chose that anything below 60 whould get a zero. I just figure if your score was 60 or less you just sucked no matter what. Am I making any sense here. Also if I did not keep this Number ( the lowest ) high enough. The sliders would would always be in the upper end.

Well I am putting up a web page for this. My english skills are the worst so I am getting help putting all this into words that make sense. Pluse this is not the only sports game I do this for.

Tim

Last edited by Timathie; 08-28-2004 at 10:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »