Home

Possible All-madden DB AI fix

This is a discussion on Possible All-madden DB AI fix within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2004, 09:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Possible All-madden DB AI fix

All lot of people's main complaint with All-madden is the way your cpu controled DBs and LBs will stand around and do nothing, hardly ever making a play on the ball w/o switching. I'd seen it both ways, sometimes dumb defenders and then other times, seemingly switching on in mid-game, to active defenders. I think I figured it out, so try this:

set the human d to this:

All-madden

assists off

awr 20
knockdown 15
int 10

Cpu QB accuracy 10

don't sweat the rest, we're just working on passing in practice mode here.

I'm not sure how important these settings are, but that's what I had them at when I did this:

go into practice mode (ravens on D, pats on O). Play the D. Pick your play as "dime 2 man under." set the CPU O (the Pats) to "single back 5 wide hail mary."

Now run a good ten plays or more. DON'T call a coverage audible. Drop a few DL into a zone so the CPU has time to get the pass off. You shouldn't (I didn't) see you DBs jump for the ball. The CPU will actually complete this play in double or triple coverage. Run until you're ready to swear off All-Madden forever. Then try this:

Call press coverage. Do it a couple of times on consecutive plays. The hail mary will get messed up timing wise, but that's not important. Now go back to running the play as you did prior to calling press coverage, running it with NO press coverage audible and let the CPU try to complete it. Within a few plays you should see your DBs jumping for the ball ON THEIR OWN. Knockdowns, leaps, picks; you name it. Its sort like a tiny miracle.

Its like the press coverage audible "sets" the DBs/LBs into a mode where they play like they're supposed to, apparently, from then on out.

I hope this works for you (or that it keeps working for me, its entirley possible, though I've tested it several times, that I'm wrong about exactly how its working.) Give it a shot anyway if you want to make All-Madden playable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2004, 06:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Possible All-madden DB AI fix

First off, I posted this in this slider section since you have to adjust sliders to try it. If it should've been posted in the general section, my bad.

In retrospect the hail mary ain't the best testing play, the best way to defend it is to not rush the passer. Then the CPU holds the ball til everyone sets up in the endzone if you don't rush anyone, and then its picks and tips galore for the entrenched D.

After testing a variety of passing plays on All-Madden I am seeing good DB play with the 20/15/10 setting. Prior to calling a coverage audible I see generally good coverage and INTs (keep mind that some plays, such as properly timed curl routes are indefensible). What I don't see much of is "reaction plays" i.e. players knocking down passes, jumping for passes, etc.
I see a lot of "dead-heading": players just dumbly letting the ball whiz by or not jumping to block a streak route. Once I hit a coverage audible (press coverage), I start to see those "reaction plays" from then on out. Maybe its a coincedence, a placebo, or whatever; doesn't really matter; the D is back for me on All-Madden.

Just a theroy, but switching to All-Madden turns the assists off. You can turn them back on but I don't know if they work (seems like they shouldn't).
Anway, since the defensive pass assist is off, that probably explains the lack of knockdowns since that's basically what the D assist does.

I will start a All-Madden slider thead with my current sliders (they're in their infancy however) because what I'm playing now seems far different from the All-madden I remember from a few weeks ago and is very playable (to me anyway). Probably just had the 2 best CPU games of my 15 year Madden career. (a 45-22 drubbing of the Saints and a 38-31 shoot-out with the Chiefs that when down to the gun; actually held a 99 rated Trent Green to a sub 90 QB rating, picked him once, and deflected 6 of his passes; didn't think that was possible on All-Madden with a pretty good but not great D).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »