Home

North's All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on North's All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2004, 08:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
North's All-Madden sliders

First thing, these sliders are fairly young, and should just serve as a jumping off point. If you know a particular setting won't work for you, you don't even need to try it. Feel free to "cherry pick" a setting that might work for you and ignore the rest if you want.

All-Madden difficulty

assists off

sub% 80/90

QTR length: up to you. I use 5 min Q's and get 95-110 plays depending on the type of game (scorefest, pass fest, defensive struggle). I'm not really concerned with the "120 plays benchmark", I want to get in games, not plays and I still get good overall numbers but with slight higher avgs because I don't have those 10-20 extra plays to knockdown the average. But, if 120 plays is your thing, by all means use 6 min non-accel or the accel. 11-12 min Q's. Adjust the sliders downward if necessary.

H/CPU

QBA 20/10
PB 10/1
WRC 13/9
RBA 13/16
RBLK 10/10

AWR 20/8
KND 15/0
INT 10/7
BBLK 8/8
TKL 12/5

Special teams: up to you. I feel it's a "user thing" on the human side and I haven't really tested the CPU's kicking ability (and probably won't).

Penalties: maxed for all. I don't really care if there is too many "face mask" calls; since there's zero PI calls and too few penalties in general, I'll take what I can get. And they are visible, so at least you can see 'em coming.

IMPORTANT: what got All-Madden working for me was calling a press coverage audible in the first defensive play (usally the first 2 just to be sure).
It seems like, after that, my players had generally better reaction plays (i.e. tips and knockdowns) for the rest of the game. If I don't do that, I don't see those types of plays. I feel that's why I saw good DB/LB play in some games and at points in some games, but not in others. After a lot of testing, this appears to be the trigger. I could be ENTIRELY WRONG, but its working for me and I hope it works for others as All-Madden level now feels like the best Madden I've ever played and I've played them all (yeah, even the really bad ones).

Slider notes:

QB acc human: I use this as "pass-lead sensitivity slider." The higher you go, the more lead you get. I only need 10 on All-pro, but I started at 20 for all-madden and can hit the over the top deep ball when I have a mismatch and a good 4 seconds of protection. Its entirely possible that it could work @ a lower level, but I'm not messing with sucess. Feel free to.

And, yes, weaker armed QB's will throw it further than they should, but a QB with better THP/THA will still be better and easier to use than one with a lower rating, so the ratings still matter.

Also, people tie the slider into completion percentage way too much; there's about a zillion other sliders/factors that bear on that percentage. Adding in the lower percentage deep balls into your passing arsenal oughta cut down on the slants and outs and actually lower your comp. % anyway.

Run blk: you should know the drill by now; lower it if after 5 games you're the old Emmitt Smith every game and your back is, well, Emmitt Smith; raise it if you're the current Emmitt Smith every game and your back is Priest Holmes.

Same for the CPU, but I find it preferable to up CPU RBA and/or lower human tkl because too high a CPU Run blk makes goaline/short yardage stops nearly impossible.

CPU Knockdowns: if the CPU needs help here at all I don't yet see it. Raise it to lower your comp. % and raise your blood pressure.

TKL: I could raise the CPU a couple notches over time. As for the high human tkl, I felt I wasn't seeing enough forced fumbles with it lowered (almost always last in the league in that dept), so I'm trying to see if a higher setting helps. So far, it SEEMS to. Plus, it gives me room to raise the CPU RBA w/o touching the CPU run blk or the human break blk. In addition, you can go nuts with the hit stick trying force fumbles/knock guys out, knowing that if you miss, generally speaking, the next guy won't if you use a normal tackle. Plus, increased use of the hit stick leads to a nice risk/reward element that can enhance the never quite satisfying CPU run game in the form of more CPU broken tackles.

At any rate, I've got All-madden working for me, something I did not think possible just a day ago. I hope it can work for you, if not, sorry, but, hey, at least I tried to share the joy.

(I'll be playing the crap out of this game now, so I probably won't be updating these sliders unless I hit on something major.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2004, 02:18 AM   #2
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: North's All-Madden sliders

North,

i like what i see here, i'm almost given up on the game completely since i have espn 2k5, but to me madden plays much smoother, and i'm dying for some realistic sliders, the only problem i see (and it's constant for me is qb%, sacks(i play with the jets, i get no pressure on qb) and pass interference either way, this must be a bug in the game. i will try these out though........thanks dude.......sjj2xs
Old 09-11-2004, 06:42 PM   #3
Rookie

marzeial's Arena

OVR: 2

North,

I've been using all of the sliders so far and I've been able to run through all of them... I've been using the regular all-madden until I saw a post for sliders on those. It is giving me some great games so far, and I like that I can finally throw a deep ball over the top. I had to take down break block a little bit because I was getting far too much pressure... But my game today I just lost with my team getting stuffed on the goal line with 3 seconds left and being down by 7. I like it, I was able to run the game before but was getting nowhere this most recent game. Nice sliders, oh yeah and I played Peyton Manning last game and he audibles a whole bunch of times... nice little addition ea, never noticed it before

Last edited by marzeial; 09-11-2004 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzeial
North,

I've been using all of the sliders so far and I've been able to run through all of them... I've been using the regular all-madden until I saw a post for sliders on those. It is giving me some great games so far, and I like that I can finally throw a deep ball over the top. I had to take down break block a little bit because I was getting far too much pressure... But my game today I just lost with my team getting stuffed on the goal line with 3 seconds left and being down by 7. I like it, I was able to run the game before but was getting nowhere this most recent game. Nice sliders

Glad your enjoying them. I like them so much, I'm giving Madden "a break" to work on NCAA. I feel these are final (within a tweak or two if my team or myself gets way better at something). By all means turn the block break down if that works for you; if I beef up my D-line in the off-season or start blitzing more I'll probably bring down myself. Some element to the sliders (besides being tuned to one's personal skill level/habits) can be team specific as well...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »