Home

Jay's Sliders - Final Release

This is a discussion on Jay's Sliders - Final Release within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2004, 03:22 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Jay's Sliders - Final Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ONe
I typically never really use sliders. I test them and give feedback. I have no qualms about any of it. I wasn't bashing his sliders. I don't like every game that I play to finish up 40-38. That isn't great football. That's no defense. Having 2 200 yard rushers in the same game is rare. Let alone 2 120+ yard rushers (on the same team). In all the games that went down on Sunday. Each of those games had one team totally dominant. Correct? Except the Chiefs and Broncos who just had above average backs. I just saw all those points and knew that something was wrong. I was just stating that something was wrong. Suggs is just a average back at best and he literally had 10 yards a carry. Green is a better back than Suggs and he also had about 8 yards/carry.

I do know every game isn't scripted. But in 50 or so Madden games I have only given up 80 yards rushing/gm and 220 yards passing/gm. Pennington would've easily thrown for over 500 yards in this game. What adjustments could the Jets have possibly made? I mixed up my play calling and everyone was getting the ball. If anything they would sit in more man-man, which would've checked my running game, but then Garica would've went crazy. I would've thrown in a running situation and the exact opposite to keep them off-guard.

I've used your sliders in games before as well Mill and they weren't realistic to me, but saying that your sliders are realistic isn't a great way to go about things if you can't take constructive criticism.

About Vinny. He should've thrown for 200 yards in the first half. They couldn't run the ball. Not being able to run will do that for you.
OK well you couldn't stop the pass, so he should have thrown for 157, by that rationale. They couldn't stop your run, which set up your pass. You couldn't stop their pass - which made them get big scores.

Now if the next 2 games you play you adjust and shut the CPU out and it's abnormal, I'll admit something was up. But when myself and others get normal games regularly with them, it's going to raise an eyebrow when you play one half and immediately start bitching that stuff needs to be changed.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:23 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjackson
Alright well if you're not trying to bash me - then it's simple.

I played more than one game, and the stats average out. Yes I've had games where I've been torched for 440 yards (Bulger), and ran over for nearly 200 (Portis)... but the normal game is very close to realistic.

It just goes down to again - stuff happens. If you want to attack the sliders anymore, do it after you've played 3 games with them, and come back with stats to back up your claims, and for more than one half of football.

I've seen Manning in real life throw two passes for 80+ yards in the same quarter, is this unrealistic? No, sometimes people just get burnt.
Jay, I agree. I'll just play my 3 games and then come back to you with the stats. I'm not using the latest download, but I strongly doubt that rosters will matter. Because I'm pretty sure our starters are still the same. I'll start a Franchise with the Lions and play my first 3 games and let you know what I see. Sorry again for coming off as an ***, but I gotta defend myself as well. Especially when everyone is making it seem like I just attacked you when all I was doing was saying what seemed unrealistic to me.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:26 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ONe
Jay, I agree. I'll just play my 3 games and then come back to you with the stats. I'm not using the latest download, but I strongly doubt that rosters will matter. Because I'm pretty sure our starters are still the same. I'll start a Franchise with the Lions and play my first 3 games and let you know what I see. Sorry again for coming off as an ***, but I gotta defend myself as well. Especially when everyone is making it seem like I just attacked you when all I was doing was saying what seemed unrealistic to me.
Now see... rosters are going to matter. Take a look when you start your Lions franchise. If you are using the defaults or the Aug04 release, look at Teddy Lehman. He's a 73 I believe, and he's listed as an OLB. In the newest update - he's a 65 or 66 (not looking at console) and he's a MLB. So things could be a WHOLE lot different, as ratings change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjackson
Now see... rosters are going to matter. Take a look when you start your Lions franchise. If you are using the defaults or the Aug04 release, look at Teddy Lehman. He's a 73 I believe, and he's listed as an OLB. In the newest update - he's a 65 or 66 (not looking at console) and he's a MLB. So things could be a WHOLE lot different, as ratings change.
He shouldn't be listed as a MLB. He started yesterday at Sam. But anyway, I'ma use the default rosters.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:16 PM   #37
Banned

OK - here's the final stats from the Browns/Jets game I suspended last night... it took place in a snowstorm, but I think you'll see that stuff can just happen Also, on the inflated play numbers, this game was not decided until 36 seconds were remaining in overtime.

CLE (me) 26 vs NYJ (cpu) 23 - OT

Garcia 26-49 291yds 1TD 1INT 1FMB 3SACK
Pennington 11/27 104yds 0TD 1INT 2SACK

Suggs 35-175 1TD 2FMB (80 yd TD run)
Green 6-23 0 TD

Martin 35/202 0TD - 3 20+ yard runs Long 24
Jordan 2/23
Sowell 2/3

Morgan 7/99
Northcutt 7/86
Winslow 4/30 1TD
Davis 4/39
Suggs 2/12
Heiden 1/6
Alston 1/19

McCareins was only receiver of note with 5/45 for the Jets. They seemed to dislike the snow and relied on their running game. The numbers are a tad high for rushing, but obviously both I and the CPU both depended a lot on our running games. I had a ton of attempts with Garcia, but many were on final 3 minute drives to end both halves. It was decided by a 36yd FG in OT, and was a great game.

I guess I just did it like this to show that great games can be had, and sometimes stats do get blown out of proportion. Although even with Martin's 200 yard day, he still only averaged 5.7 and carried the load so I can't complain about that, especially since a few weeks ago we could barely get the CPU to run at all.

I'll play another game, but this time I'll make sure it's in perfect conditions, and I'll pick two random teams, and we'll see how it goes. Then I'm going to start my franchise. But, I'll always be around to chat about these sliders and if they need adjustments, do what we can to get them perfect.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:17 PM   #38
All Star

OVR: 20

These are excellent sliders, no matter what anybody says.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:45 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
These are excellent sliders, no matter what anybody says.
Well I appreciate the kind words, but care to elaborate? Been using them? How many games have you gotten in?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:53 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 6

Hey Jay just played 2 games here they are

Titans(me)15 vs Jaguars 17

McNair: 17-32-234 2td 1 int

Brown: 22-64 (2.6)
Smith: 4-21 (3.2)

Mason: 6-97
----------------------
Leftwich: 26-43-337
1td 3int
*longest pass was 26 yards!!

Taylor: 24-94 (3.9)

Smith: 7-109
Williams: 7-111
------------------------
Jets(me) 27 vs. Bengals 20

Pennington: 16-31-315 4td 1int

Martin: 18-46 (2.5)

Moss: 5-156 2td
McCariens: 5-144 2td

Defense: 6 players of 5+ tackles only 1 was secondary
---------------------------
Palmer: 15-35-235 1td 3int

Johnson: 34-217 (6.3) 1td (85 yd td run)

C.Johnson 3-68

I will elaborate on each game in a minute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »