Home

Jay's Sliders - Final Release

This is a discussion on Jay's Sliders - Final Release within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2004, 07:57 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Jay's Sliders - Final Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Hey Jay just played 2 games here they are
Those stats look great, and they both appeared to be real close games. The only thing to bat an eye at would be Rudi's rushing total but I see he had a long TD. So it appears like they work well for you too, and that makes me very happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2004, 08:01 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 6

Ok here we go. First thing to say Jay don't you feel you REALLY have to Gameplan with these sliders. It took me about 3 drives in each game to really have my gameplan in place. I love that strategic part.

First game: Leftwich is a young but good QB with low AWR. SO, I figured lets blitz the heck out of him. I forced 3 redzone int using this, but he did an awesome job of audibling and hitting slants when i blitzed. Hence 337 yards but a long of 26. Taylor struggled all game until the 4th quarter where he got the game winning 35 yd TD run.

On Offense they jags got a huge pass rush that oftened kicked in on third down leaving me frustrated. I had one big play that was a PA pass and i got the man on man i was looking for. I got a Td with :00 left, but failed a 2 pt conv. (I missed a damn PAT earlier).

Great game.

2nd Game: I again was going to blitz the crap out of Palmer a young QB. This game it worked extremely well against the pass causing 3 picks on perfect calls.(love that feeling). But they ran draws and counters to R.Johnson who just busted my *** 3 times on blitzes. I loved how I got a ton of tackles though.

Offensively I was going to run double moves with my wide outs to attack the low awarness of their DB's and high Speed of my wide outs. Tory James their veteran CB got hurt on the first drive. So i ran hitch and goes and PA flys and post flags all day. Hooking up deep 4 times.

Overall I loved how each game gave me a different challenge. I will keep trying these sliders and will continue to post.

First impression= Awesome sliders.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:02 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjackson
Those stats look great, and they both appeared to be real close games. The only thing to bat an eye at would be Rudi's rushing total but I see he had a long TD. So it appears like they work well for you too, and that makes me very happy.
Dont bat an eye. The 85 yard run, he got to my secondary and i lined up a Hit stick only to miss! what a stupid decision by me.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:05 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Ok here we go. First thing to say Jay don't you feel you REALLY have to Gameplan with these sliders. It took me about 3 drives in each game to really have my gameplan in place. I love that strategic part.

First game: Leftwich is a young but good QB with low AWR. SO, I figured lets blitz the heck out of him. I forced 3 redzone int using this, but he did an awesome job of audibling and hitting slants when i blitzed. Hence 337 yards but a long of 26. Taylor struggled all game until the 4th quarter where he got the game winning 35 yd TD run.

On Offense they jags got a huge pass rush that oftened kicked in on third down leaving me frustrated. I had one big play that was a PA pass and i got the man on man i was looking for. I got a Td with :00 left, but failed a 2 pt conv. (I missed a damn PAT earlier).

Great game.

2nd Game: I again was going to blitz the crap out of Palmer a young QB. This game it worked extremely well against the pass causing 3 picks on perfect calls.(love that feeling). But they ran draws and counters to R.Johnson who just busted my *** 3 times on blitzes. I loved how I got a ton of tackles though.

Offensively I was going to run double moves with my wide outs to attack the low awarness of their DB's and high Speed of my wide outs. Tory James their veteran CB got hurt on the first drive. So i ran hitch and goes and PA flys and post flags all day. Hooking up deep 4 times.

Overall I loved how each game gave me a different challenge. I will keep trying these sliders and will continue to post.

First impression= Awesome sliders.
Yes, I was talking with Millennium earlier about how we feel that especially with the new roster update we think that gameplanning is a LOT more important. I like the way your thinking works, that's exactly who these are designed for, the thinking man.

I thank you for your input, and please do continue to post and let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary. They look like they'll be a great starting point for you at very least, and that's all I was looking to accomplish for everyone.

EA give me a job, I'll make your games run right.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:47 AM   #45
Banned

OK, 670 thread views, some more of you have probably tried the sliders, anyone got any stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2004, 02:32 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Jay

I have yet to get back to the game, been busy, but I will get that work in. Just a side note as I have viewed the thread. Each person is responding with getting those huge runs every game (including the CPU). 20+ yard runs are fairly rare in the NFL. For instance Jamal Lewis last season averaged 1 20+ run per game. For his career he has 34, seems like a lot, but that's over 4 seasons (16 games per season because he's played full seasons) so over 48 games he has 34 20+ yard runs. That isn't even 1 per game. It's a highly rare thing. Curtis Martin has 62 20+ yard runs in his career which spans over 10 seasons and 141 games (an average of 1.5 per game). That's not even including their attempts in a career. Martin has 2956 career attempts and only 62 runs over 20+ yards. That shows how rare that is, but we have many people talking about getting 60,70,80+ yard runs every game. I'm just trying to prove my point that even with an off game, some things just don't happen. Like as I was saying about Pennington. Peyton Manning in his career has only 61 40+ yard passes. Sounds like a ton, but that's over 7 years and like 3412 attempts. Like I said before I wasn't trying to knock your hustle, in fact I like guys that do these things. I was just saying that to me that just looked odd.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:15 AM   #47
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjackson
Well I appreciate the kind words, but care to elaborate? Been using them? How many games have you gotten in?
I've used them to start my fantasy draft dynasty. I love it because the crazy jumping is largely gone, and the game plays very balanced and strategic.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:16 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 18

Hey Jay I will try them out now and post my stats in a bit, thanks for the sliders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »