Home

The OS All-Pro slider project

This is a discussion on The OS All-Pro slider project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2004, 09:42 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: The OS All-Pro slider project

Also,

To those who cant get pressure on the qb. You have got to find different ways of getting to him. Unless you have an ELITE pass rushing group they wont get the QB unless you have awesome cover corners.

I was using the jets who i consider to have a top 5 D Line and I was pressuring Rex Grossman like crazy, 3 sacks for DL, 1 from LB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2004, 10:07 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkroc
Hey guys I've been skimming through your posts but can't seem to find your most recent sliders. I am back to the all madden level and have some nice things going for me and if I watch games or coach the stats are very realistic. Atleast in the games that I have seen, no way are mine a finnished product yet.

If you could please post your sliders I would like to see them and maybe I can help even though I have been playing on the All-madden level.

I like snakeyes agree that defensive pressure from the front 4 will decrease the jacked passing yards. I won't post my sliders here out of respect for the guys doing the hard work here.
Don't be afraid to make some of the defensive sliders higher then the offensive ones because you will see that in some cases the like the blocking and break block sliders it will have little effect.

also look at the time you are using for the quarters because with more time you will have higher stats and scores. I would think that 8-7 minutes with acc clock off would be best.

anyways good luck on your sliders fellas and post them things when you get a chance so I can see them.

Peace.

Oh yeah in my dynasty I am controlling all 32 teams and I changed the off and def stratgeies for all the teams based off of the 2003 regular season stats. It does help with the play calling a lot.

8-7 minutes ok... but you have to realize that in the NFL each team plays an average of 60+ plays a game. So, you have to accomadate the stats to the amount of plays. I just played Arizona with the Rams, and they werent doing anything until the 4th quarter 2 minute warning, where Shaun King threw 3 touchdowns on me in 2 minutes. I still won 24-38. I could not run the ball, period. Faulk had 28 att for 70 yards and Jackson had 8 att for 40 yards. But, I was dominating their defense with Bulger to Holt, 8 receptions, 129 yards, 2 TD. But, Holt is rated 98 in my franchise with 99 Catching.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:06 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Also,
Unless you have an ELITE pass rushing group they wont get the QB unless you have awesome cover corners.
But that's not realistic. Even the worst defensive team in the league, the Chiefs, get a couple of sacks per game on average.

EDIT: The problem with 0 sacks means you're not getting any pressure, either, which helps contribute to a great passing game. QBs that are hurried and pressured throw errant balls. If they've got all day to throw, of course they're eventually going to find an open guy.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:25 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think lowering tackling to 7 is generally pretty effective...because it allows for perfect tackles to be tackles, but for those that are just missed to actually become missed tackles.

I've tweaked some small parts of the sliders to try and get the computer running, and in one test game, I don't know if I was just out of it or what, but when boosting the CPU RB ability above 15, the results just go haywire, it's got to stay below 15, Lee Suggs ran for 375 yards on me in the game, with he RB ability at 17 and blocking at 13. Nobody will find that realistic. He just bounced off everybody and had open field all day. So you don't want to give the computer too much of a boost, but they do need a boost.

In general I've had some mixed success with the sliders. With the first version, Carson Palmer threw 359 yards and 5 TD's 0 INT in a high scoring win over the Vikings, which is possible, but it won't happen often, but since it could one day happen in his NFL career, I let it slide and moved on and in the next game he went for 252 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT, so the passing (at least during a franchise) seems to want to average itself out, and kind of gives a feeling of real football, because you get different types of results from a guy every game, not consistent domination or failure, and that's what impress me about these sliders.

Basically, I think just CPU RB Ability is the key, and leaving it at 13 gives the best results with blocking at 10, at least for me. That way the back doesn't break open every play, but he also isn't stumped in the backfield or getting 2 yards on his best runs.

Generally, I can't find a good position for it, because every game makes me think twice. One game, I thought I had it as Ladanian ran for 139 yards with about 5.4 ypc, but the next game, Jamal was held to 45 yards with 2.1 ypc using the same defense. It just jumps around too frequently. Definitley on the right track though, as this feels like football more than other sliders.

Last edited by NCHelix; 09-23-2004 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:27 PM   #69
Rookie

blkdymnd's Arena

alright, another game with the current sliders...

I don't wanna beat a dead horse, but it couldn't feel much more like football. This was a freakin' great game.

I was CLE vs. ATL (random picks)

Atlanta won 12-7 (probably the best defensive game I've ever had). The game came down to one last drive for me. Garcia got em down to about the 30, got sacked at the 40. Got a play down the middle to make it 4th and about 2 with only 15 seconds to go. Found a guy on the flat in single coverage but the DB was a little behind and threw it for a drop (only the 3rd drop in the game, so a legit one)! It was an absolute nailbiter... Anyway, stats...

Cle Atl
282 255 Yards
99 104 Rush
183 151 Pass
3 3 Drops
2 11 Deflections (A little excessive for Atlanta?)

Garcia 15/35-200-1-3 (one INT in the endzone... grrr)
Vick 14/22-173-1-0
Suggs 28/96
Dunn 27/83 (SilocK)
Vick ran 5/18
Sanders 2 catches/54
Crumpler 5 catches/57

I'm loving it so far, and feel for me theres only some minor tweaking to go. I think Atlanta should have owned me a bit more, but made some bad decisions for Vick in the pocket. I'm going to do at least one more random team game tonight and will post...
Old 09-23-2004, 11:28 PM   #70
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock
But that's not realistic. Even the worst defensive team in the league, the Chiefs, get a couple of sacks per game on average.

EDIT: The problem with 0 sacks means you're not getting any pressure, either, which helps contribute to a great passing game. QBs that are hurried and pressured throw errant balls. If they've got all day to throw, of course they're eventually going to find an open guy.
You are right in your statement, but you are not getting what lhsballa said...

Unles you have an elite pass rushing D-Line, you need to find other ways. He means with blitzes and such. Yeah, the Chiefs get a few sacks a game. But they normally come on:

A.) Blitzes
B.) Coverage sacks
C.) A missed O-Line assignment

He is saying that you need to gameplan ways to get pressure. Throw in blitzes on passing downs. Bump N Run some plays, then some plays play off (You'd be surprised what playing off of a fast reciever accomplishes, even if he isn't running a fly route.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-23-2004, 11:29 PM   #71
Rookie

blkdymnd's Arena

btw, honorable mention to the computer. The touchdown by Atlanta... they were at about the 20 and threw it to the left side for a first down. My corner got hurt on the play. The next play they threw it to the same receiver who was a bit more open due to the backup corner and scored a touchdown. I tipped my hat to the computer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2004, 11:39 PM   #72
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
I think lowering tackling to 7 is generally pretty effective...because it allows for perfect tackles to be tackles, but for those that are just missed to actually become missed tackles.

I've tweaked some small parts of the sliders to try and get the computer running, and in one test game, I don't know if I was just out of it or what, but when boosting the CPU RB ability above 15, the results just go haywire, it's got to stay below 15, Lee Suggs ran for 375 yards on me in the game, with he RB ability at 17 and blocking at 13. Nobody will find that realistic. He just bounced off everybody and had open field all day. So you don't want to give the computer too much of a boost, but they do need a boost.

In general I've had some mixed success with the sliders. With the first version, Carson Palmer threw 359 yards and 5 TD's 0 INT in a high scoring win over the Vikings, which is possible, but it won't happen often, but since it could one day happen in his NFL career, I let it slide and moved on and in the next game he went for 252 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT, so the passing (at least during a franchise) seems to want to average itself out, and kind of gives a feeling of real football, because you get different types of results from a guy every game, not consistent domination or failure, and that's what impress me about these sliders.

Basically, I think just CPU RB Ability is the key, and leaving it at 13 gives the best results with blocking at 10, at least for me. That way the back doesn't break open every play, but he also isn't stumped in the backfield or getting 2 yards on his best runs.

Generally, I can't find a good position for it, because every game makes me think twice. One game, I thought I had it as Ladanian ran for 139 yards with about 5.4 ypc, but the next game, Jamal was held to 45 yards with 2.1 ypc using the same defense. It just jumps around too frequently. Definitley on the right track though, as this feels like football more than other sliders.

Damnit, you beat me to it:

I put CPU Tackling at 7, Human Tackling at 5 (it's either 5 or 6, I am not sure right now), CPU RB Ability at 13 (possibly 14, no higher than that or jukes become unrealistic), and keep CPU Run Blocking at 10.

As of this moment, here are the updated sliders:

All-Pro
12 Min. Acc. (whatever gives you an average of 120 plays per game)
All sliders are from the far left
Human/CPU

QB Accuracy - 10/10
Pass Blocking - 10/10
WR Catching - 10/10
RB Ability - 9/13
Run Blocking - 10/10

Awareness - 7/9
Knockdowns - 10/10
Interceptions - 10/10
Break Block - 10/10
Tackling - (5 or 6)/7

FG Length - 9/12
FG Accuracy - 1/6
Punt Length - 9/17
Punt Accuracy - 5/5
Kickoff Length - 9/10

To be honest, that is about where they are going to stay. Maybe a tweak on RB Ability and Tackling, but what you see is what you get. If/when you tweak them to your liking, I would suggest leaving anything that is a 10 alone, as it was not tweaked for a reason. If you have any questions, you can leave it here, PM me or lhsballa, or IM me (not sure if lhs needs to be bothered on IM, but I am free to field questions).

I truly hope these sliders enhance anyone's Madden experience. That is all we are aiming to do here.

Oh yeah, and before I forget: Special Thanks to Pared, as with any of my slider adjustments/tests, he is the reason I got into slider work. Many thanks.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 09-23-2004 at 11:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »