Home

Close To Perfect All Madden Sliders!

This is a discussion on Close To Perfect All Madden Sliders! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2004, 09:35 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Close To Perfect All Madden Sliders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ONe
That average is really high. Correction: Tennessee is giving up an average of 5.2 for roughly 112 yds/gm.
It is pretty high, but I think picking right plays matters a bunch, I was ready to go against pass, and they were throwing a lot with Favre, so those times that they ran I wasn't really in position to stop the run. But yea, it was really cool how Green Bay played like they do in real life.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:47 PM   #34
MVP

man what a game I just had, I was the Chargers vs Bears, and man, even though I lost it was damn one hell of a game, probably the most fun I 've had on Madden, the final score was 14-6 for them. until the last minute of the 4th quarter it was 7-6 with them leading, but they intercept me and run it back. I got great stats, with CPU RB Ability at 11 and CPU RuN Block at 16 and also tackling at 7 for both teams. Thomas Jones had a 3.8 average and had about 90-100 yards running. But man what a game it was. Choose your plays wisely or you'll get burned.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:38 PM   #35
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

I play with Human run block at 10 Human Rb Ability at 10 and CPU Break Block at 7 and CPU Tackling at 0. I play with the Cowboys, so I don't expect much more than 3.5 with Eddie George. I actually lowered his speed to get less yardage. But if I scheme it right and get behind good blockers I can acheive that. The low tackling seems to cut down on the corners making annoying tackles. Everyone that should make a tackle usually does however. The running game really depends on the team you play with, on both sides of the ball. With a horrible O-line you almost have to bump up the Blocking, and ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2004, 11:53 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's good to see this kind of feedback. I'm satisfied with these sliders, but whatever changes you need to make it to your liking is cool with me. I think with everyone's input we can come close to the perfect sliders. Peace!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:56 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrulz101
hey wj3738, one question is, are these sliders challenging?, I want sliders where you gotta earn your yards and stuff, I will try them out in about, an hour in a half or so, I'll post stats and the 2 teams that I will be playing is Packers vs Colts, I will probably be the Packers, so I'll come back with stats after, peace
After your games, do you think their challenging?
Old 10-13-2004, 02:57 AM   #38
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I want to try them, but i find hard to try all madden, since i know the CPU teams are Bump it up, and ratings mean...well, you know the drill.

But the lack of CPU running game on All pro make me wonder if i should try All madden.

Also i want to know how you guys are doing on all madden?, i know the DB didn`t react to the ball at all even with awareness Max out, so how are you dealing with this?

thanks
Old 10-13-2004, 12:38 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I want to try them, but i find hard to try all madden, since i know the CPU teams are Bump it up, and ratings mean...well, you know the drill.

But the lack of CPU running game on All pro make me wonder if i should try All madden.

Also i want to know how you guys are doing on all madden?, i know the DB didn`t react to the ball at all even with awareness Max out, so how are you dealing with this?

thanks
Ok, I thought the same thing so I played a game as the Skins vs Broncos

Figuring: Two of the top D units in the leauge.

Results: Denver ran very effectively against me as Griffin had 26 carries 98 yards and a score (he did however even manage to cross 100 then I began blitzing to stop them from moving the chains late in the game).

Game: It turned out to be what I had hoped for. A defensive game through the first half. Denver really ripped me early as Plummer connected with Carswell for 80 through the first half. Broncos D (#1 in the NFL) stiffled me for loads of the first half. It was 3-3 when I began driving to finish the half and kicked a FG to take the early 6-3 lead. I received the ball to start the second half and Ramsey (Brunell injured) throws a pick to Champ Bailey who would pull a Rod Woodson and make the house call. 10-3 Denver. Denver would score again making the score 17-3 late in the thrid. Ramsey was playing outstanding minus that one pick six. I would force some TOs and use them to set up scores of my own as I cut the lead to 17-13, and then took another FG to cut it to one 17-16. Another Plummer interception led to me taking the lead midway through the 4th. 23-17 Skins. Plummer then led the Broncos on an Elway like drive that scored a TD with less than 3 in the game. Ramsey would get hurt - enter Hasselbeck. I ended up turning it over on downs. But my D held and I got one more shot. I drove all the way down the field using Coles as my primary. About 7 yards outta field goal range with 30 seconds left, Hasselbeck drops back, throws to Coles, picked by Bailey (HOUSE CALL AGAIN). Denver wins 31-23 in a game much closer than that.

Portis again played stellar. As he had almost 160 (70 yard run skews that number). Ramsey really did well, minus the 2 picks. All in all I do think that the INT numbers are fairly high. There was a total of 8 INTs in the game which really isn't realistic. The balance was there. Without the pick sixes, it's Skins 23 - Broncos 17. Fairly realistic. Taylor led my team in stops with 9 and Arrington and Barrow added 7 apiece. For a game pitting the top units in D. I was disappointed with how well Washington moved the ball - since they can't move the ball on anyone. All in all, the original ones actually work decent when taking into account matchups. My 70 yarder came running off Samuels back. Green - Grass.

About the DB play. For both the CPU and Human it's actually nice. The picks to Bailey were legit. I did throw one when I was driving early in the thrid and it got picked by Al Wilson who was nowhere in the area. I gave up 250 passing which is expected because Shawn Springs was one-on-one with Rod Smith and Bowen isn't exactly the zone defender that you'd want on that side of the field. I found that Denver actually used their 3rd receiver more and the TE more than its stud receivers. Darius Watts had like 3 catches for 32 yards and Carswell had the outstanding half that I had earlier noted. Just try them.

Last edited by Gr8ONe; 10-13-2004 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:09 PM   #40
MVP

yea the sliders are working nice, giving nice stats, and teams play how they should play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »