Home

Heelfan's All-Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on Heelfan's All-Pro Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2004, 06:35 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Heelfan's All-Pro Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
yeah, I try and keep everything as even as possible and to change as little as possible. The CPU needed a little help with running the ball more than the me so that is why there is a difference. Having the tackling set to 5 helps too, it makes it a little harder for you CB's to bring down a big RB on 1 on 1 tackles.
I wanted to add some more "impressions".

Madden is really surprising me at times. I have DJ Williams and Al Wilson on my team. They are monsters as they are both 85+. I don't know their exact stats. Anyway, whether you like it or not, they seem to be able to evade blockers and get in on a play. Rating do my a heck of a difference as Sykes just is your average LB that often times gets stuck in a block. The good news is Al Wilson is so quick and his awareness is high enough that he usually helps the lower rated LBs.

Blocking is really nice. Its not the best as sometimes I think the AI just says here ya go have at the QB. But its usually on lower rated linemen. There is actually a push this year allowing better DL get past OL but get "pushed" upfield. And don't forget blockers. If you have a FB with a low Run Block rating you can forget it as he's not going to be that big of a help.

The reason I'm writing this in a sliders thread is that these Sliders on ALL-PRO really create an even handed game (though the AI on AP isn't 100% great). You will get 13-6 games. Then a 35-28 affair the next game. I've had games were I go 13-30 for 100 yards then 25-25 for 250+. My completion rating is a bit low because I always try to go for the first and sometimes fail to hit my safety outlets.

Running is still a little bit low for the CPU. I don't know if its because of my LBs as I mention before or the AI on all-pro doesn't like to run. I do wish they they put people in motion more often and called audibles. But its not a game killer.

Just thought I would post an update. I'm going to Madden a couple days rest because I'm been playing non-stop for the last week. But its really a solid game. Through in the neat franchise options and you have one of the most complete football games made. Again not perfect but complete.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:10 PM   #18
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

what is your Ranked Defense? are u 1# against the run? and 32# against the pass?

thanks
Old 10-08-2004, 10:42 PM   #19
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8
Talking Re: Heelfan's All-Pro Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
what is your Ranked Defense? are u 1# against the run? and 32# against the pass?

thanks
that sounds like my d lol
Old 10-08-2004, 10:56 PM   #20
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

thanks
I have figured this out:

No matter what sliders you use (realistic ones, not over compensating for the CPU lack of a run game ones), if you react to the run with your human controlled player faster than the computer would react with him if you weren't controlling him, you will always stop the run easily.

Think about it. If you control a safety in this game, and are in Cover 2, but attack the run, that isn't realistic. Eventually, you will be burned by play action, but in the real NFL, unless you are being beat by the run consistently, safties stay back.

I'll make it easy, booker. Play a few games where you don't control anyone on defense. Just take your hands off the joystick. See how you do at rish defense.

Personally, I play as a FS or SS with the Ravens, and I stay back as the last line of defense. I will come up once in a while, but my first move on every play is the designed move in the play (more times than not I step backwards due to being in a cover 2/3 scheme). If a runner gets by my first two levels of defense, then I go for the tackle.

That is how I get a realistic game with these sliders.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-08-2004, 11:04 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

thanks
#3 against the run and #27 against the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2004, 12:00 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

can someone explain the way the sub-in, sub-out percentages work, I know that they have something to do with subs, but how do u come up with the numbers???
Old 10-09-2004, 09:11 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 6

I agree totally. I look at my guys awarness and think ok if I dont control him how long will it take for him to react. Then I try duplicate I only go all out on a blitz. This way can make all pro a really fun time.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:19 PM   #24
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

I've pretty much stopped playing defense. I'll usually only take control of the cpu controled defender right before he makes the tackle, because I love using the hit stick. other than that, I just call the play and let the cpu play D for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »