Home

I am Sm27, These are my sliders, UPDATED!

This is a discussion on I am Sm27, These are my sliders, UPDATED! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2004, 01:49 AM   #1
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5
I am Sm27, These are my sliders, UPDATED!

Hello Guy's,
It has come to my attention that many people are using my sliders and it gives me great joy to know that so many people are finding enjoyment with this game and that I, in some way, had something to do with that. So with that in mind, I decided to post the sliders on this board. It should also be noted that, like all previous versions of Madden, there do exist "Money Plays" that exploit the obvious 'Holes' in the AI. If that is the Game that you play then these sliders are not for you. It should also be said that I was trying to create a slider set that would not only reflect realistic, (not perfect), NFL Stats, but also have the "FLOW and FEEL" of a real game when you watch it on the 'Boob Tube' from the comfort of your couch on a Sunday afternoon. The absolute best way to utilize these sliders is to use them in "Franchise Play", Actually Playing the Games in which your Franchise team is playing on any given week, and then letting the CPU play against itself in real time, or "GM MODE" for a selection of say three other games per week. In this manner the whole reasoning and Philosophy of "not changing the CPU side AI" comes into play and makes sense. By merely changing the 'Quarter Length' setting from 12mins ACC for games that you actually play, to 8mins ACC OFF for the select games that you watch during the week, you have a realistic League Stat Average by which to measure your teams performance.
This is not by any means everyones cup of tea, It takes a long time to get through a Season. But the fact is, I am in no rush, if it takes me untill next January to get through my first season, that's fine with me. Just think how much more pressure you put on yourself to make it into, and WIN playoff games when it is gonna take you another 3 months to get through another season! The other most important aspect is that my settings for HUM side AI are your BASIC starting points. If it is too easy or hard for you in any particular offensive or defensive area, then by all means Change the human side to suit your skill level. By creating the three different levels, I have attempted to give players of varying degrees of skill a challenging and realistic NFL style Game for use in Franchise Play.
All of the different slider combinations are important, So please DO NOT discount the importance of The HUMAN PLAYER PROFILES! Level "3" Human Player Profile is the one that I use, combined with the "Level 2" AI SETTINGS, with a heavy reliance on 'Situational Substitutions' through the use of a combination of Formation substitutions, and a substantialy large set of 'Global Created Packages'. This is where the Rubber Meets the Road as far as I am Concerned. The AI settings are designed to Compliment the Player Profile settings and Visa-Versa'. If you aren't making substitutions throughout the Game on your own, belive me when I say, when the second half comes around, your gonna be in a world of hurt!
I have noted that a lot of Guy's have gotten a lot better at running the ball as they have gotten used to this years version of the game, so I have adjusted the HUM side Difficulty of running the ball to reflect that in the Level "2" and "3" HUM AI settings.
Lastly, If you have become acustomed to the 'Online feel and speed of the game, it might feel a little wired to you at first...don't worry, you will become acustomed to the more realistic speed of the Game after only a few Preseason games.
I hope that this post helps and encourages "Maddenites" and potential "Maddenites", and delivers the fun and realism that the true NFL Sim Style Player desires, and deserves.
Sm27

UPDATED- Sm27's ALL-PRO Levels 1, 2, and 3 Sliders. UP-DATE!, 13 OCT, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is My Final Updated Version Of Level 1, 2, and 3 ALL-PRO SLIDERS for XBOX/Ps2

Everyone has different Levels of Skill and that is the reason for the three different "Levels". Dependent on your Degree of Proficiency.The Idea is that Once the CPU Sliders, when Playing against itself, Are Correctly Set in Order to reflect NFL Stats and Averages, I Then Came up with The Human Side AI Settings To Compete against That Established "BASELINE". These "HUMAN SIDE AI settings are "Jumping Off Points", That the individual User adjusts to reflect his individual Skill.

The Mission
Not to sacrifice gameplay in "Human Played Games" in order to get stats to line up with Simmed Games in Franchise mode
To establish "Baseline" CPU sliders so the CPU will Play 'Realisticly' against the Human Player, Not to Feel 'Cheated' when I Lose, Just Beaten.
To create three different HUM side levels, of increasing difficulty, by which we compete against the established CPU sliders.As I get to be a Better Player, I use 'Harder' HUMAN SIDE SLIDERS ONLY. I have already Established the proper sliders for the CPU so I Can't Change the CPU side or else it will foul up the NFL Statistical Averages which were so hard to get to in the First place.
To utilise all four of the "Gameplay Slider" Categories, GAME/CUSTOM GAME/AI/PENALTIES. In order to fully utilize the features of Madden 2005
R-E-A-L-I-S-M!, Getting NFL-Like Stats in ALL OF THE CATEGORIES IT IS POSSIBLE!
*Note Realistic Penalty AVG,(NFL AVG), Cannot Be Achieved in Madden 2005, Unless you cause them On Pourpose!

The Philosophy
Out of the Box, Madden trys to cater to a very wide demographic in terms of Gameplay. Consequently it is a little to "Arcade-Like" for my taste. I want to get the game as close as I can to the Real NFL. I want Frustration, Strategy,
Losses, Realistic Stats, Ties in the Pre-Season, Sudden Death in the Regular Season and Playoffs, and overall a Realistic "Feel" overall while playing the Game. I HATE Feeling like the CPU is Cheating me, although losing fairly makes winning that much sweeter. I believe that there exists a "Sweet Spot" in the Balance of ALL of the categories of the Gameplay sliders that will give me this "Realistic Experiance".

Fatigue
The Number one enemy on the Playing Field. The "Stamina/Toughness/Injury" player attributes are directly connected to Fatigue. When Players get tired they are more apt to Make stupid mistakes, Missed blocking assignments, Fumbles, Penalties, Injuries to name a few.The whole reason a "Ball Control" style game works! This should be an extremely important Factor in Strategy/Playcalling. The "Sub Out/Sub In" Slider in concert with Qtr length, Is the Key. Makes long sustained drives possible, and the running game becomes more and more effective in the Second half for BOTH TEAMS.

LEVEL 1 HUMAN PROFILE

12 mins ACC CLK
ALL-PRO
Coach Mode=OFF
Injuries=ON
Pre-Existing Injuries=OFF
Game Fatigue=ON
Madden Challenge=OFF
Random Weather=ON
ACC CLOCK=ON
CUSTOM GAME
Player Lock=ON
Auto Subs=ON
Auto Sub Out=77%
Auto Sub In=83%
Passing Mode=QUICK
Auto Avoid=ON
Auto Strafe=ON
Catch Assist=ON
Defensive Pass Assist=ON
Vibration=ON
PENALTIES=ON All 10 except: FACE MASK=9*, "10" creates too many 15 Yarders.

LEVEL 2 and 3 HUMAN PROFILE For CLASSIC OR PLAYER MODE ONLY
Player Lock=OFF
Auto Subs=ON
Auto Sub Out=20%
Auto Sub In=90%
Passing Mode=QUICK
Auto avoid=OFF
Auto Strafe=ON for Level"2", OFF for Level "3"
Catch assist=OFF
Defensive Catch Assist=ON for level "2", OFF for level"3"
Vibration=ON
PENALTIES=SAME AS LEVEL 1

LEVEL 1, 2 and 3 CPU OPPONENT PROFILE For GM MODE/ WATCHING ONLY
Offensive Playbook=DEFAULT
Defensive Playbook=DEFAULT
GAME=Same as Human level 1
CUSTOM GAME=Same as Human level 1
PENALTIES=Same as Human level 1

LEVEL 1 AI SETTINGS CPU/HUMAN
QB ACC=8/8
PASS BLK=2/2
WR CTH=12/12
RB ABL=17/16
RUN BLK=16/16

DEFENSE:
AWR=8/8
KNKDWN=8/8
INT=7/7
BRK BLOCK=2/3
TKL=7/6

SPECIAL TEAMS :
FG LENGTH=10/11
FG ACC=8/8
PNT LENGTH=13/12
PUNT ACC=11/10
KICK OFF=10/10

LEVEL 2 HUMAN AI SETTINGS, CPU STAYS THE SAME.

QB ACC=8
PASS BLOCK=3
WR CTH=9
RB ABL=12
RUN BLK=16

DEFENSE :
AWR=10
KNKDWN=7
INT=3
BRK BLK=1
TKL=6

SPECIAL TEAMS :
FG LENGTH=11
FG ACC=3
PNT LENGTH=10
PUNT ACC=3
KICK OFF=9

LEVEL 3 HUMAN AI SETTINGS, CPU STAYS THE SAME* You MUST use the level "2" or "3" HUMAN PROFILE with CREATED PACKAGES for these to Be Truly Challenging!

QB ACC=8
PASS BLOCK=3
WR CTH=7
RB ABL=11
RUN BLK=14

DEFENSE :
AWR=8
KNKDWN=5
INT=0
BRK BLK=1
TKL=6

SPECIAL TEAMS :
FG LENGTH=11
FG ACC=1* Good Luck!
PNT LENGTH=10
PUNT ACC=1
KICK OFF=9

LEVEL 2 HEAD TO HEAD AI SETTINGS , CPU STAYS THE SAME.

QB ACC=7
PASS BLOCK=4
WR CTH=7
RB ABL=13
RUN BLK=13

DEFENSE :
AWR=10
KNKDWN=10
INT=3
BRK BLK=3
TKL=6

SPECIAL TEAMS :
FG LENGTH=11
FG ACC=1
PNT LENGTH=10
PUNT ACC=1
KICK OFF=9

Use The Level 3 HUM Profile for both Players in "Head to Head" matchups.
12 mins ACC CLK
Penalties all the same as other modes.

Call your defenses carefully, be "BIG PLAY" Concious
120 plays is a lot to stay focused ,Watch out for FATIGUE.
I actually broke a Kick off Back 97 Yards for a return last nite!
But he beat my ***!
Don't give up if you fall way behind, Momentum shifts take place and they are extremely Noticeable

HOW TO PLAY GAMES USING THE CPU OPPONENT PROFILE

*NOTE, as of 25 Aug 2004 you may not use custom "CREATE A PACKAGE" while utilizing the CPU OPPONENT PROFILE METHOD. This is mainly To be used for "GM MODE" Games in order for the CPU to Run more and to get the CPU to 'SUB' Players while it is playing itself, It is also helpful in getting the CPU to sustain Injuries during "GM MODE" Games.

Create a CPU OPPONENT PROFILE using the Profile settings as described above
Have two controllers plugged in to your XBOX as if you were going to play against another Human being
When Starting your Franchise Game, at the "CONTROLLER SELECT SCREEN", Slide The Controller you are Not Using over to the other Team.
Make sure that your CREATED CPU OPPONENT PROFILE is the Profile for the other team.
Push Start On Both Controllers as if you are Two People.
After The Coin Toss, select Either KICK OFF or RETURN Plays for BOTH TEAMS.
Before the Kick, Pause the game Using the CPU OPPONENT controller.
Select Gameplay Settings and slide the CPU OPPONENT CONTROLLER back in to the Center so that the CPU will control the Other Team. The Loaded Profile with the SUB IN/OUT FATIGUE settings will stay with the CPU controlled Team.
Resume Game.
Either KICK OFF for the CPU TEAM, Or if the CPU TEAM won the toss, simply Kick it to the CPU like you normaly would.
The CPU will now play against you with the adjusted Fatigue settings working for the CPU team as well as your own team so it will still be Fair.The CPU will now control the Opposing team like it always does.

GM MODE

This is actually one of the ways that I determine what the CPU side AI settings should be. I also enjoy being able to watch games from time to time. One thing that is really cool about this years Madden, is that the Playbooks, Audibles, Packages, Substitutions and Coaching Philosophy Sliders are all stored under the "PLAYER PROFILE". So if a guy wanted to he could get really crazy and spend the time to create 32 seperate Profiles, each with adjusted Coaching Philosophy Sliders. Since we are using the "CPU OPPONENT PROFILE" method anyway, So that Fatigue is an issue in the Game, this is something that could deffinately be checked out in the Future.

GAMEThese settings are exactly the same as the LEVEL 1 SETTINGS above, except for Quarter length. We have to get an avg of 120 total plays per game, but the ACC CLOCK is not available to guy's that are playing as General Managers and are watching the Games. This is actually not too big of a Problem as 8 min QTRS will yield the desired 120 plays per Game.

HOW TO START GM MODE GAMES

Use the LEVEL 1 AI SETTINGS FROM ABOVE except for QTR LENGTH, that is 8 mins.
At the "CONTROLLER SELECT SCREEN", use the Two Controller "CPU OPPONENT PROFILE" method.
Start the Game the Same way as in Classic Mode listed Above except instead of only Sliding the "CPU OPPONENT PROFILE" Controller into the middle, You will Slide BOTH CONTROLLERS into the middle.
Kick the Ball to Start the Game
Grab a Beer and Watch the Game!

NFL STAT AVERAGES FOR 2003
***POST YOUR STATS USING THIS STAT TRACKER***

TEAM------------------NFL--HUM--CPU--MADDEN AVG
First Downs-------------18.3-
Yds p/gm--------------318.3-
Rushing yds p/gm-------117.9-
Passing yds p/gm-------200.4-
Rushing Plays p/gm------28.3-
Yds/rush-----------------4.2-
Pass Attempts p/gm-----32.2-
Completions p/gm--------18.9-
Pct. Comp.--------------58.8-
Sacked p/gm-------------2.1-
Had Int. p/gm------------1.05-
Punts p/gm--------------4.98-
Gross avg---------------41.0-
Net avg-----------------34.8-
Punt Returns-------------2.36-
Yds p/ret-----------------9.5-
Kickoff Returns-----------4.22-
Yds p/ret----------------21.6-
Penalties------------------6.6-
Yds penalized------------54.74-
TD p/gm------------------2.34-
Rush TD------------------0.83-
Pass TD------------------1.28-
Ret TD-------------------0.23-
FG Pct-------------------79.2-
Pts scored p/gm----------20.83-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2004, 11:30 AM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I am Sm27, These are my sliders, UPDATED!

Cool, i`m going to try this set. But one question..maybe it was a bad typo.

on level 1, the Defense awareness y 8 but on level 2 is 10? i though level 2 it was supposed to be harder.

thanks.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:53 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Well, I tried these a while back, before Level 3 were finished, and while I was impressed, they were too easy. So, I saw this... went and read the rest of your thread on MaddenMania and gave them a shot on Level 3 with a few minor adjustments.

A. I don't want to do the whole package substitution deal, getting the CPU fatigue correct is far more important to me, so I set up the CPU profile to the 77/83 for this game and played it like that.

B. I've got a great running game with my Lions, so I played the game at 10/10 Ability/RunBlock for Human.

---

I'm not going to post all the stats, just make a few observations.

While I only had 4 dropped balls, they were all to wide-open recievers, and all where I was able to set and make an accurate throw. Two of the drops were by Roy Williams who was wide open. I think instead of using the 7 you have in Level 3 - I'm going to use the Level 2 setting of 9.

I ran for 151 yards on 19 carries with Jones, but it's misleading as I broke TD runs of 56 and 42 yards. After that it's only 17 for 53, which while not bad, I felt too stuffed. I believe I'll use 11/11 for Ability/RunBlock.

Vick had a good day, like 26/40 for 257, but that's also misleading as probably 70 of it came on their final drive, while they were down 2 scores and all they were doing was throwing. Dunn had around 75 on 20 carries, so that's all feeling very, VERY nice.

However, I do have a few concerns. One was the fact that I had 8 tackles for loss, and 11 passes defensed. Perhaps it's an aberration, perhaps not. I only had 1 interception, and was using the Level 2 setting of 3. My corners dropped 2 of what I would call nearly "sure picks" had they happened in a true game.

I'll admit, the flow to the game overall felt much better than my sliders, and more challenging also. If I could get these few things slammed out, I'd dare say these are the ultimate sliders for this game this year. Pancake stats were perfect, tackle stats were excellent even with my CB Bryant leading with 10 tackles. He had the most work as the man he was covering wound up being Vick's main target. (Dez White - 10 catches, 97 yards). Holmes had 9 tackles, Rainer 7, and Hall 7.

So in essence, they are about as close to perfect as I've seen, and I'm stunned that its All-Pro. Of course it's only 1 game, but with these following adjustments, I will restart my franchise for a final time, because they gave me everything I wanted. Here's what I'd suggest for adjustments, and then the next post I'll put what the Level 3 sliders would be if my adjustments were used.

RB Ability/Blocking (Human): 11/11

(Down from 11/14 - even without the 2 long TD runs, I was still averaging 3 a carry, running mainly to the inside. A small tweak and I'm sure this would be nearly perfect, and definitely see no reason for the Run Blocking to be as high as 14).

WR Catching: 9

Too many wide-open drops for the human player (only 4 total, but they weren't being hit, were wide-open, and on well-thrown balls. Professional recievers should make these catches, so I'm thinking 9 which is your Level 2 setting).

Interceptions: 5??

It definitely didn't feel unbalanced at 3 for me, even dropping 2 picks I felt very sure I should have made. Especially with the lowering of the RB sliders, I'd say this might not be a bad tradeoff for realism.

Other than these, excellence abounds. I had 3 sacks, 2 with my blitzing nickelback, and 1 with DE James Hall who is the Lions sackmaster). I don't really have any ideas on how to shore up the tackles for loss, but then again the game could have been an aberration also, as the Falcons O-Line isn't that talented and my D-Line is very talented. The passes defensed could use a touch of work, but it's not really necessary either, as even with those passes being defensed, Vick still went 26/40 for 60% and good yardage.

I guess those 2 small tweaks wouldn't be a bad idea for total realism, if you could find a way to implement them without messing up the overall flow and feel, which is pretty much perfect. BTW - Big Plays: 0. They had no plays go over 30 yards against me. That's a good sign for all of those that are so concerned about it.

This is the only set of sliders other than the sets I have made that I've considered starting a franchise with it, and I have absolutely no qualms about doing it. I need to take a nap right now, but I'll start that franchise tonight. Hopefully you'll be on before then, and might be able to give some input as to what you would do to fix those "problems" if they could be called that. I for one love the human QB Accuracy at 8, as not every ball Joey threw was perfect, which I was finding you almost had to be on All-Madden with the awareness settings to get accurate statistics.

Thanks for the hard work, you inspired me to try something else and just maybe I can help you to nail it perfect for everyone else, especially the more advanced. If there's anything I can do to help, just drop a line, I read here pretty much daily if not twice daily.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:17 PM   #4
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2

I tried these a couple of times. One was a really good close game and the other was an absolute shootout. I'm definitely going to give them another try. One thing I noticed is that the players play to their ratings more.

Shaun Alexander has accel of 98 (i think) and he absolutely ripped through my defense at times.

Last edited by BritPitbull; 10-14-2004 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:53 PM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

yeap, i tried them and i really like it. But i agree i felt it was too easy to run on this...and i had RA and RB at 8 and 10. Maybe i should raise BB for the cpu, don`t know..

one issue i have is that maybe, there are too many sacks. I had 4 on 1 half with the cards...if u set the DL to rush outside, they got too much pressure on the QB. But maybe it was only 1 game.

ohh and also i lowered the BB for human to 0 and tackling to 0, i just don`t see the cpu running for more than 100yds over me if i don`t do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2004, 04:14 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Well I had tried the level 2's before but was unaware of the level 3's. I tried them out and I think i will be sticking with them for at least 3 more games. i made some tweaks as well

-WR catch at 8 is a must
- Tackling at 0
- RBK and RBA at 10

I played Lions vs Giants. I loved the way the game feeled. CPU offense is pretty much perfect. Human offense however... not some much. Jones had 19 carries for 208 yds at 2 td's. I was just ripping off runs left and right. The ratings would show Detroit does indeed get a good advantage in rushing but 208 yds by and average back. I think CPU Tackling needs UP or Human RB goes down. I will play against Baltimore next to see if I can get a lot. i expect well under 100 yds barring a great play by Jones.

Each player plays awesome to their abilities. Maybe not HUMAN corners, but we will see about that again next game. I had 4 sacks. 2 by james hall, 1 by Rogers and 1 by Wilkonson. That sounds PERFECT. I was also getting TONS of pressure, most of Warners incompletions came because he was hit or had to hurry a throw. The giants O line has 1 player of 85 and that is Petigout the LT. Notice Edwards did nothing. however the other 4 guys on that line were getting pummled, by A dline of 87,87,90. It was awesome.

CPU run game is perfect for me. I let my guys make the first move after the snap before I take control and with these settings it worked perfect. Barber was around 4.5 ypc.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:45 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

good, you played with WR cathching at 8? you didn`t have too many drop passes? i mean wide open, does matter, if they are close to a D player, i don`t care..but i dont`want wide open drops.

I agree on the RB human, is too easy to run with these settings...i will try them with 8 RA and 10 RB, the last time i tried with 10 and 10 and it was easy. i had like 6.8 avg for 190yds with the Cards :/
Old 10-14-2004, 10:21 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

Well I just had an AMAZING game.

Chargers 27(me) vs. Titans 24 in OT

Brees: 20-36 228 3 int. sacked 1
McNair: 18-33 215 1td 1int sacked 4
Volek: 0-1 0yds 1int* crucial was in the endzone Mcnair was hurt for a drive.

Tomlinson 35-139 2td 3.9avg 8btk
Brown 23-182 7.9 1td 5 btk
Smith 1-30 1td 30 yards untouched....

Gates 9-11
Caldwell 3-59 (39 yarder in OT was a miracle over two leaping defenders)
Mason 6-86
Bennett 5-72

I had 1 drop by Osgood, wide open... his catch rating is 70 and i threw it like a rocket.

All of this was with RA and RB at 9 for HUM. As well as Tackle at 3.

I had to change to a 4-3 at half because Tennesee was just running up the gut. It stopped brown for the whole 3rd quarter until they had him run outside. I loved the gameplanning and how i had to stop him. San Diegos Run D is just awfully matched up against the Titans.

I had 4 sacks and to be honest all were coverage sacks. I had 2 sacks on their OL hartwig who is like 80 PBK. They all play to ratings..

I am seriously thinking this was one of the best, most realistic and challenging games i have playe. Titans turned the ball over 2 times in the redzone and I had a fumble Td off a punt. It was great. Also they missed 2 kicks wiht my own special teams sliders 50 and 36 yds in a 10 mph wind to the right.

Sorry for the long post but hope this can persuade a few more people.

still seeing if CPU run game is good enough or too hard. we will see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »