Home

Does the CPU Run on you with your Chosen Slider Set?

This is a discussion on Does the CPU Run on you with your Chosen Slider Set? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Does the CPU Run the ball on you with your Chosen Sliders?
Yes, almost too well. 13 14.13%
Yes - I feel like I'm in the NFL now as far as running game. 31 33.70%
Decent, but I'm still looking for improvement. 26 28.26%
CPU Running game? What's that? 22 23.91%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2004, 09:58 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Does the CPU Run on you with your Chosen Slider Set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Hey playmaker, 150yds total is not that bad, they must happen on some games, coz i`m sure some of your games you held the cpu below 80yds, aren`t you?

I guess i`ll use RB at 18 but to be honest i didn`t wanted coz i hate wathching how OL of 70 pull DL of 90 but i guess i don`t have a choice.

So far i didn`t find a way to make CPU Run effective enough, to make my Defense the worst of the league (since they are 32 IRL). (i`m top 10 always no matter what i tried with the sliders)

I can`t go up to all madden since i don`t polay with the 11 players of the game.

On the other hand i see u use 7 of awareness, you don`t find your DB don`t play the ball with 7 of awareness?

What is your ranked Defense against the pass? And by the way i know you are 3 against the run, you posted on other forum, so that is not that much of CPU run effective

At first I was reluctant to drop to 7 AWR but here's why it allows me to have have a a good balanced game on defense. I play with the Cowboys and their defense is pretty solid against both the pass and run. However, by lowering the AWR to 7 it made my LB's react spot on aginst the run meaning they didn't always know a run was coming after the ball was snapped but once the RB for the CPU clearly had the ball Dat, Dexter and Al (Cowboys LB's) would react at that point and there AWR since they are all something like a 90 or higher would still pursue the ball carrier pretty good. The difference is they weren't always in the backfield the minute the ball was snapped and before the handoff.

My secondary has solid Safeties with Williams and Woodson so they stay in good coverage posistion and still make plays even at 7 AWR because of their overall AWR for the game. Newman is fats as hell so I just play man coverage with him and zone up to help my other corners which allows me to keep everything in front. Don't get me wrong if I call a dumb azz play or something or a play that the CPU can counter they will beat for a couple of big plays but thats realistic. I allow around 92yd's a game which is very good but yet because I have Dallas that is realistic. I give a few 10-15yd runs by the CPU but whats important is that they plug away for 4qtr's against me and never quit. They will keep taking those 2-3yd gains and then 1 or 2 plays they will pop a big one for like 30-40yd's and it's such a thing of beauty knowing that they kept plugging away until they hit a perfect crease on you and turned it into a big play that helped them go over the 100yd mark for any given game.

I enjoy that feeling the most rather than watching my Defense shutdwon one RB after another on a weekly basis. The 7 AWR is a great factor with this becuase in my opinion it makes your defense players react more closely to their real life atrributes on All-Pro and gives the CPU atleast a fighting chance to run the ball over the course of a game. Even if you have poor defensive team aslong as you call smart plays and atleast correct plays for situations you can still hold up pretty good against the pass.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:35 PM   #10
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

good maybe i`ll try that, but the QB acc is at 7 to compensate that or at 8?

also, how is your D doing against the Pass? why no body gives his ranked defense?

I agree on what u say about the LB reaction, but my fear is against the pass, they will just stand there watching the pass going near them and not reacting at all, i already see this with 8 of awareness so that is why i`m afraid to lower more.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:33 PM   #11
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

CPU averages about 100 yards a game against me on the ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2004, 09:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Had to go a little further myself to get the CPU to run on all-pro:

Human

awr 0
brk blk 0
tkl 0

CPU

RBA 20
run blk 20

Plus, the hit stick is my primary tackle button, used whenever possible. May have too many tackles broken, but at least it makes the CPU look competent in the run game. It's not like tackles are impossible, just really hard.

Combined that with setting the CPU's fatigue rate lower (90/80 compared to my 90/50) to keep the CPU player's fresher and setting the CPU defensive matchups prior to kickoff (highly recommended) I've gone 2-2 after winning the previous 35 with "realistic" but, unfortunatley, not challenging sliders.

All-pro can be made difficult if you give "realism" a *slight* nudge to the side...and it still plays way better than the unfortunately flawed (i.e. terrible human pass coverage that can't be fixed) All-Madden level.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:51 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDallas40

All-pro can be made difficult if you give "realism" a *slight* nudge to the side...and it still plays way better than the unfortunately flawed (i.e. terrible human pass coverage that can't be fixed) All-Madden level.
Said it before and will say it again. It's not the human pass coverage that's broken in most cases. It's the human controlling the pass coverage in lots of cases.

Too many people used my sliders with nary a complaint in that department.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:34 AM   #14
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjackson
Said it before and will say it again. It's not the human pass coverage that's broken in most cases. It's the human controlling the pass coverage in lots of cases.

Too many people used my sliders with nary a complaint in that department.
Jayjackson, it is important to see how we all play the game, we have diferent styles and this end up with differen opinion.

Iīm sure you swtich between players to players to make the play..and iīm sure Northdallas donīt.

This end up with the same, all madden is mean to make the HUMAN switch from player to player and do the play itself.

So people who play with "man lock" type canīt play on all madden as they will face this problem.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:58 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Jayjackson, it is important to see how we all play the game, we have diferent styles and this end up with differen opinion.

Iīm sure you swtich between players to players to make the play..and iīm sure Northdallas donīt.

This end up with the same, all madden is mean to make the HUMAN switch from player to player and do the play itself.

So people who play with "man lock" type canīt play on all madden as they will face this problem.
I dunno man, I never play with any of the DB's until the ball is in the air. So yes, I go and make plays. But, if you play differently - you can't claim the "terrible human pass coverage that can't be fixed" card. Sure it can, switch to the DB and make the play yourself.

I mean yes, from all of my time testing these sliders, and especially my old NHL Hockey ones, I know that you can't please everyone. And I can understand that you guys like to play with a LB or a corner or whatever and only that player. But at that point, I've got to tell you to try to make your own sliders. The CPU is supposed to be challenging on All-Madden, and if you leave all the big decisions to YOUR CPU players, they are going to get outworked, I'm fairly sure of it.

I think instead of trying the control 1, leave 10 idea - you guys might want to try to switch players and make plays. Then you know if you screwed up, then it was your fault. Don't leave the CPU to make the plays for you, this game simply wasn't designed with that in mind, at least on All-Madden.

Obviously it may be different from how you normally would play the game, but would you rather have a more realistic statistical game where you switch control between your whole team, or a game where you play by yourself and everything is out of whack? I mean if you guys get it perfect on another difficulty level/slider set - then kudos to you. But I think you're looking up the wrong trees trying to do that with this years Madden, at least if you want any level of statistical realism.

Last edited by jayjackson; 10-26-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2004, 06:52 PM   #16
MVP

booker21's Arena

Back to the topic....i guess i wasn`t that off subject when i said the cpu couldn`t run good enough....

the poll isn`t 80% to 20% is preatty even.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »