Home

Playmaker`s sliders are awesome!

This is a discussion on Playmaker`s sliders are awesome! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2004, 05:02 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Playmaker`s sliders are awesome!

I usually complaing the CPu can`t run, but this sliders are for real. I did tweak a few things and not only they do run now, but they does have realistic passing without hurting the passing defense. My Safeties play but at the same time they don`t react that quick against the run.

I really liked this. I played 3 games, against the Raiders, San Diego and Vikings and so far i didnt find nothing "bad" of them.

I`m not sure if they will work for the people who control the 11 players on the field, but for those who played like me they are worth it.

I`m 10 against the run (wich is not were i want to be but i don`t think we can make this better, either) and i`m 15 against the pass.

At the same time, one of the games were against the Raiders, who are pass happy os it was ok to give ony 80yds rushing, but SD and Vikings ran over 100yds both games.

at the same time the passing wasn`t over 250yds like every game, some were over 200, other 200 and one below 200.

Little, note, this 3 games were on pre season (my franchise) (0-3, but is pre season )

also i did edited the injury of my team, lowering 87% of his injury and now i got 4 injuries. 2 players for 2 weeks and one player for 10 weeks. (i hate editing injruies, but this was the only way i find to make the injuries apear)

So far this is looking good, hope it won`t change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2004, 08:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Playmaker`s sliders are awesome!

could u post those sliders, i would be happy to try them out
Old 10-17-2004, 08:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yeah, post your modified version of the sliders please.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

yeah... please do
Old 10-17-2004, 09:45 PM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

Oh, i though he posted here before..

This are his sliders.

OFFENSE........H/C
QB ACC.........7/7 (Increase CPU to 8 if they are struggling)
PASS BLK......9/7 (Lowered so that both teams can apply QB pressure)
WR CATCH....11/11 (Allows for more reasonable amount of drops)
RB ABLTY......9/19 (Human set at 8 makes for tougher running if you want)
RUN BLK...... 13/19 (Early in the game running might appear easy for Human)

DEFENSE........H/C
AWR..............7/15 (15 AWR steps up the CPU defense even more)
KNDWNS........9/7 (Helps to balance out lower QBB ACC for both)
INT................3/5 (You can go up 1 click if you want more INT's)
TKL................1/5 (IF you want more broken tkl's lower it 1 click)
BRK BLK........1/15 (CPU's defense stays strong all game if you leave it at 15)

And this are my "little" tweaks

OFFENSE........H/C
QB ACC.........7/7
PASS BLK......8/8 (Is still able to get a LOT of pressure with contain Scheme)
WR CATCH....11/11 ()
RB ABLTY......9/18 (18 seems more "realistic, gamplay wise")
RUN BLK...... 13/18 (I want the DL to win sometimes.)

DEFENSE........H/C
AWR..............7/15 ()
KNDWNS........9/7 ()
INT................3/5 ()
TKL................0/5 (are around 5 BRT per game, i don`t see a need to raise)
BRK BLK........0/15 (trying to help the cpu a little more)

By any means this are perfect, but they are giving ME great stats wise. The gamplay also feel really nice, but if u feel the cpu is running good enough, don`t try them, coz sometimes the cpu does "weird" things to gain yds (spins, etc)

about my tweaks, if i see the cpu is still unable to run good enough i`ll raise to 19 and 19 like the original, just testing.

aganin, remember i don`t take control of 11 players on the field, i`m more like "Player Lock" on the LCB to be exacted. On Offense i don`t control the WR, so don`t know how they will work with another style of play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2004, 09:50 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

This is his complete post, with comments etc.... I just though is not fair to throw the numbers without any explanation or comment about why he set that way.

I've Adjusted these sliders even further now and they will give good results to most people. The most noticable change is within the cpu runniing back ability and his run blocking. I boosted it and lowered Humans break block and tackling because these two sliders work hand and hand together. You will have too fight to get off blocks more but if you keep blockers off your LB's they will make a ton of plays. Also human AWR has too be lowered becuase at default or any higher they react to CPU's running game much quicker and they fill gaps before the cpu can get out of the backfield. At 8 or 7 AWR you will see players that don't have higher AWR ratings like Ray Lewis or B.Urlacher will tend to react more realistic against the run. Some people might shy away because they think the cpu will thn errupt in the air but that is not the case. You can still keep things under control if you call smart pass defenses. Don't play press coverage if you don't have shutdown corners all the time. Zone it up and watch your db's keep things in front of them just like real life. Also, even though CPU AWR is at 15 it makes you mix up your play calling. I lowered their INT's and Knockdowns to allow WR's a slight advantage in catching the ball more often in one on one situations. However, guy's like Bailey, Law or Woodson will still make plays it just helps when you are throwing against averag DB's or LB's in coverage.

(AWR CPU SLIDERS 15 FOR MORE OF A DEFENSIVE GAME)

Max Penalties for everything accept holding set it at 8 or 9.

SUB In 88%/Sub Out 82% (Works best when clock is at 12 Min QTR's Acc-ON)

Both Catch and DEF ASST ON but turn DEF STRAFE OFF

(These Sliders have been updated 10/06/04)

THESE SLIDER ARE FOR 15 CPU AWR

PLEASE READ COMMENTS FOR 15 AWR SLIDERS FOR HELPFUL HINTS.

OFFENSE........H/C
QB ACC.........7/7 (Increase CPU to 8 if they are struggling)
PASS BLK......9/7 (Lowered so that both teams can apply QB pressure)
WR CATCH....11/11 (Allows for more reasonable amount of drops)
RB ABLTY......9/19 (Human set at 8 makes for tougher running if you want)
RUN BLK...... 13/19 (Early in the game running might appear easy for Human)

DEFENSE........H/C
AWR..............7/15 (15 AWR steps up the CPU defense even more)
KNDWNS........9/7 (Helps to balance out lower QBB ACC for both)
INT................3/5 (You can go up 1 click if you want more INT's)
TKL................1/5 (IF you want more broken tkl's lower it 1 click)
BRK BLK........1/15 (CPU's defense stays strong all game if you leave it at 15)

*****COMMENTS*******

I WANT TO GIVE A QUICK NOTE ON 15 AWR SLIDERS. DON'T BE FOOLED EARLY IN THE GAME IF RUNNING APPEARS TO BE EASY. TRUST ME THE CPU WILL ADAPT AND START TO CROWD THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. IF YOU AREN'T THAT GOOD RUNNING THE BALL I SUGGEST YOU INCREASE YOUR RUN BLK SLIDER BY THE 2ND OR 3RD QTR........ OR ELSE BE PREPARED TO GET SHUTDOWN. DO NOT LOWER CPU'S BRK BLK THIS SLIDER WORKS AS A DEFENSIVE SHELL WITH THE DEFENSIVE AWR SETTING AT 15. THEY WORK HAND IN HAND TOGETHER TOO MAKE THE CPU'S DEFENSE MORE AGGRESSIVE AND BETTER IN PURSUIT OF THE BALL CARRIER. IF YOU ARE ALREADY A SKILLFUL RUNNER LOWER YOUR RB ABILITY TO 8 AND RUN BLOCK TO 12. IF YOUR ARE AN AVERAGE RUNNER INCREASE HUMAN RUN BLK SLIDER TO 14 AND DECREASE CPU TCKL SLIDER TO 3. FOR ANYONE COMPLETING A HIGH % OF THEIR THROWS I RECOMMEND YOU LOWER PASS BLK SLIDER TO 8 AND INCREASE CPU KDWNS TO 9 ONE OR BOTH SHOULD SOLVE ATLEAST HALF THE PROBLEM. IF YOU ARE GOOD AT STOPPING THE RUN USE THE 0/20 SETTTING FOR ALL HUMAN VS CPU RUN SLIDERS. IF YOU STRUGGLE TO STOP THE RUN INCREASE BOTH TACKL AND BRK BLK SLIDER BY 1-2 CLICKS. MY SLIDERS ARE BEST UTILIZED IF YOU CONTROL ONLY A DT OR DE TO ASSIST WITH CPU'S RUNNING GAME.

SPECIAL TEAM SLIDERS ARE BELOW.

THESE SLIDERS ARE FOR 14 CPU AWR

Offense........H/C
QB-Acc........8/8 (up to 9 for Human if you are miss firing too much)
Pass Blk......8/6 (If your OL can't hold up raise it to 9 but no higher)
WR Cth.......10/10 (go up or down 1 click for either your preference)
RB Abty.......8/18 (At 8 it makes more difficult on Human RB)
Run BLK......13/20 (if your running too good lower to 11)

Defense.........H/C
AWR..............8/14
Knck Dwns.... 8/8 (lower to 7 for both teams to open up vertical game more)
INT............... 4/4 (Keeps INT's at a more realistic results)
Brk Blk..........0/14 (CPU at 14 forces U to be pateint in running game)
Tckl...............0/4 (1 for Human if CPU is breaking too many TKL's)

SP TEAMS H/C
FG LNGTH 8/7 (Ea for some reason put all kickers on STEROIDS)
FG ACC 6/5 (Makes missed fg's look more realistic)
PNT LNGTH 6/19 (The high setting for CPU allows you to actually return punts)
PNT ACC 8/7 (The CPU actually shanks punts every now and then)
KO LNGTH 8/7 (Most KO's are fielded around the 5-10 yd line and returned)

THESE SLIDERS ARE FOR CPU AWR SET AT 13 MORE OFFENSIVE APPROACH

Offense.......... H/C
QB-ACC......... 9/9
PASS BLK........7/7
WR CATCH......9/9 (WR SETTING AT 9 COMPENSATES FOR HIGHER QB ACC)
RB ABILITY......7/20 (HUMAN RB AT 7 COMPENSATES FOR LOWER CPU AWR)
RUN BLK..........11/20

DEFENSE..........H/C
AWR................9/13
KNCK DWNS....7/7
INT.................3/3
BRK BLK.........1/13
TCKL..............0/3

I play 9 min qtr's with accelareted clock off on All-Pro or you could go 12 minutes with accelrated clock on. I found that with qb accuarcy at 7 or 8 for human you can still do some damage if your aren't forcing throws into coverage. You will see some piss poor throws especially if you get pressure and don't set your feet. This has worked vice versa on the cpu aswell.

With pass blocking down a notch for both it allows a good push by both DL's so that qb's don't have all day to throw. If your OL is rock solid like for instance KC or New England you will fair well you just have to read the coverage. But if your OL is shaky like say for instance Arizona or Houston you will feel the rush and you could get your qb killed if you hold onto the ball too long waiting on routes to open up.

The running game should work well if you are patient and not leaving your blockers behind before the plays even develope. Use your FB and TE's as extra blockers and don't get impatient because you aren't ripping off 4 or 5yd runs consistently. Trust me keep banging away and you'll see opportunities open up for a couple of huge runs maybe 2-3 but thats the NFL. I lowered tackling for the human because it allows the cpu to get out of the backfield and do some damage on the perimeter with guy's like P.Holmes, A.Green and C.Portis. Marginal backs will tend to get shutdown by rock solid defenses like New England or Dallas but if you control say Arizona or Detriot you could find yourself giving up 120yd's a game. I lowered human AWR and Tackle slider just for this reason to balance the CPU's ability to grind out yd's and also make it tough on corners trying to come up and stop a guy like J.Lewis......keep in mind the tackling in this game is great maybe too good so this helps guy's break a decent amount of arm tackles.

I put the CPU AWR up to 15 because even though they are pretty smart already I was finding it a little easy to still break the pocket and pick up good yards with mobile qb's. Now at 15 they will react quicker to a qb that always breaks the pocket. If you are still struggling in the air lower it to 13. I'm still trying to work on completing deep passess. I don't want to have the game become bombs away but these corners and safties play the deep ball very good and usually plays are broken up for an incompletion. But occasionallly I want R.Moss to just flat out toast a mutha fucher deep especailly if the corner has no safety help over the top. But for most part I love how the CPU will roll coverage over to your top wr and force you to go elsewhere with the ball.

I edited these sliders after playing about 50 or more games.......I've found a very balance offensive and defensive game now. Good defenses like Carolina and Baltimore will make you work but bad teams like Arizona or San Diego you can roll up pretty good #'s offensively. The passing game is much smoother now with these sliders you can actually hit a few big plays down the field.

TRY THESE FOR LIKE TWO GAMES WITH DIFFERENT MATCHUPS!
Old 10-17-2004, 10:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

so then these sliders r for all pro huh. sorry man i'm lookin for all madden sliders cause he cpu's playcalling is better and well timed.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:14 PM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

yeah, sorry. this are for all pro.

by my style i can`t play all madden, since it is for players who control the 11 players on the field, not my case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »