Home

Sm27's "REAL NFL" ALL PRO SLIDERS

This is a discussion on Sm27's "REAL NFL" ALL PRO SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2004, 01:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Sm27's "REAL NFL" ALL PRO SLIDERS

hey rickster go over to maddenmania.com and read the thread with the same title to this thread, Sm27 has spent 40+ hours working on some GM sliders try them out u will probably love them.....
Old 10-19-2004, 01:18 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just played my first tourney game me cheifs vs cpu packers I won 31 to 21

Passing
T.Green 21-30 70% 218yds 2td 1int
B.Farve 16-28 57% 171yds 0td 1int (woot first time I held cpu under 250)

Rushing
P.Holmes 31/134yds 1td 4.3ypc 8btk long 17
D.Blaylock 4/34yds 1td 8.5ypc 1btk long 22
A.Green 19/160 2td 8.4avg 6btk long 77 (minus the 77yrd run and he has under 100 rushing)

Receiving
Greenbay 5drops
Cheifs 2drops

Defense
Cheifs 3sacks 1int 2tfl
Green Bay 3sacks 1int 6tfl

Penalties
Cheifs 4-36
Packers 0-0
Old 10-19-2004, 01:41 AM   #19
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerz192003
hey rickster go over to maddenmania.com and read the thread with the same title to this thread, Sm27 has spent 40+ hours working on some GM sliders try them out u will probably love them.....
Thanks for the reply bro, its starting to make sense now I'm still catching up on reading through the threads and posts over there now, again thanks

Holla Back ya'll
Old 10-19-2004, 01:43 AM   #20
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I have a question about the CPU Profile,going back and reading the Level1,2 and 3 OPPONENT PROFILE for GM MODE/WATCHING ONLY I see not setting listed for the sustitutions but a notation there says that the CUSTOM GAME = Same as Human Level 1 now in following this set up are we to use the AUTO SUB OUT=77% AUTO SUB IN=83% for the CPU side?

I wasn't sure on that so I've been setting the CPU side to 70/80 for now which is about what I normally use for myself in my games and have no real glaring problems with it however I would like to see the subs a bit more frequently so I'll tweaking it to get a balance for substitutions by the CPU for the GM MODE/WATCH games.

So what are you guys using for the CPU substitutions when watching games?
I do play games but from time to time I like watching a well played out game by the CPU and the GM MODE is great for that but do games have to be restricted to GM MODE to enjoy using these settings or can they be enjoyed in just watching a game with not restrictions on how or what type of game the user chooses?

I do realize that GM MODE has some inheirited features that affect the gameplay long term overall and would like to use the settings to play or watch with no loss of quality if I choose to go direct to a PLAY NOW game,so in doing this are these settings able to handle the varrying degrees and styles of play for CPU vs CPU games regardless of mode as far as the CPU is concerned.

Holla Back ya'll
All really good questions....
GM MODE as I have it updated over at the MM forums, is designed for default "WATCHING" mode. However, since you want to see players subbing on BOTH teams more frequently, You could start the game with two controllers so you can adjust Fatigue levels for both teams, Pick a Play for Both teams,(you have to snap the ball) , and then as SOON as the play runs,
before the 'PLAY CALL" screen comes up again, you pause the game and now slide both controllers back into the Middle. Your adjusted sub in/out will be loaded for both teams.
As far as a good Setting for sub in/out, Basicaly I have found 77/83 to give me a generaly good sub frequency. HB's will run one or two plays and come out for a play, after about the first qtr.
as far as your Question concerning PLAY NOW, and it's differrences. I believe that we are Fine as Far as Leaving GM MODE(watching Mode) alone settingswise whether it be PLAY NOW, FRANCHISE, or TOURNAMENT. Hopefully they will hold up in PLAYOFFs, but we will have to see.
We could use some help in testing the VETERAN or 1 player settings.
Holla
Old 10-19-2004, 02:15 AM   #21
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm27
All really good questions....
GM MODE as I have it updated over at the MM forums, is designed for default "WATCHING" mode. However, since you want to see players subbing on BOTH teams more frequently, You could start the game with two controllers so you can adjust Fatigue levels for both teams, Pick a Play for Both teams,(you have to snap the ball) , and then as SOON as the play runs,
before the 'PLAY CALL" screen comes up again, you pause the game and now slide both controllers back into the Middle. Your adjusted sub in/out will be loaded for both teams.
As far as a good Setting for sub in/out, Basicaly I have found 77/83 to give me a generaly good sub frequency. HB's will run one or two plays and come out for a play, after about the first qtr.
as far as your Question concerning PLAY NOW, and it's differrences. I believe that we are Fine as Far as Leaving GM MODE(watching Mode) alone settingswise whether it be PLAY NOW, FRANCHISE, or TOURNAMENT. Hopefully they will hold up in PLAYOFFs, but we will have to see.
We could use some help in testing the VETERAN or 1 player settings.
Holla
Thanks for the quick reply, I've been watching a few CPU vs CPU games and so far things are playing out pretty good with them I've since upped the sub settings per your settings at the 77/83 mark and its coming along OK for now.

I didn't write down any numbers since I video tape most games when I'm testing and view later. These sliders are feeling just about right as far as my NFL obsevations and real game stats go.

I'm going to actually play some games about 10 to get a feel for the USER side of the story goes, did a couple last night and they felt great but I need more testing and am considering upping the time to about 9 min seeing I take my time actually breaking down plays(my preference)but I've no problem at 8 min since seeing the CPU work this with great effiecientcy (its the CPU) and minimun mistakes, all in all I'm liking what I'm seeing and the feel of the games so far especialy the watched games and am interested in the coaching aspects as well, again a personal preference of mine.

Thanks again for taking time to respond and I'm try and remember to get you some hard data in the form of stats via the "NFL STATS AVG." table you so wisely posted as a reference to track and follow, that was smart thinking.

One more item concerning the PROFILES, had you concidered creating one for the CPU via some or a fictatious name to use for the CPU side and then moved back to the center during games in order to load the substitution settings and whatever custom settings set to the USER and CPU to keep the "Fairness" of the game for both USER and CPU,I've tested this and it worked out pretty good for me.

Just my two cents thought I'd mention it since I had your attention. Well again thanks for listening and taking time to chime in.

Holla Back ya'll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2004, 09:46 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Thanks for the quick reply, I've been watching a few CPU vs CPU games and so far things are playing out pretty good with them I've since upped the sub settings per your settings at the 77/83 mark and its coming along OK for now.

I didn't write down any numbers since I video tape most games when I'm testing and view later. These sliders are feeling just about right as far as my NFL obsevations and real game stats go.

I'm going to actually play some games about 10 to get a feel for the USER side of the story goes, did a couple last night and they felt great but I need more testing and am considering upping the time to about 9 min seeing I take my time actually breaking down plays(my preference)but I've no problem at 8 min since seeing the CPU work this with great effiecientcy (its the CPU) and minimun mistakes, all in all I'm liking what I'm seeing and the feel of the games so far especialy the watched games and am interested in the coaching aspects as well, again a personal preference of mine.

Thanks again for taking time to respond and I'm try and remember to get you some hard data in the form of stats via the "NFL STATS AVG." table you so wisely posted as a reference to track and follow, that was smart thinking.

One more item concerning the PROFILES, had you concidered creating one for the CPU via some or a fictatious name to use for the CPU side and then moved back to the center during games in order to load the substitution settings and whatever custom settings set to the USER and CPU to keep the "Fairness" of the game for both USER and CPU,I've tested this and it worked out pretty good for me.

Just my two cents thought I'd mention it since I had your attention. Well again thanks for listening and taking time to chime in.

Holla Back ya'll
I have set up a profile just for the CPU opponent for these games as well. What I want to know is what is the final setting for sub in/out for watching GM mode games? I have been watching all of these threads here and at MM trying to determine how to load the CPU profile and I think I'm finally ready to try it! It seems easy enough but there is so much confusion about it I didn't want to bother with it last night. I feel like leaving work to go mess with these!!
Old 10-19-2004, 10:26 AM   #23
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5
HEY GUY's LOOK HERE!!!!

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/sh...8&page=6&pp=20
Reply is #114
Old 10-19-2004, 10:58 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: HEY GUY's LOOK HERE!!!!

My understanding is that with theses sliders, you will not need to change the CPU profile. I am looking forward to using these sliders, I haven't played the game in awhile because I have been unable to find good sliders. Thanks for all you hard work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »