Home

How do i get a pass off when people fan out line and outside rush?

This is a discussion on How do i get a pass off when people fan out line and outside rush? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2004, 09:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do i get a pass off when people fan out line and outside rush?

Everyone does this online in passing situations they spread the line then use playmaker to crash outside. And they be in quarter and I will have no time to throw and get sacked 50% of the time or get hit while throwing and get picked. I need to know what i can do to get time in the pocket because its no way a 3 man rush should get to me almost soon as i drop back. and this even works with bad de's they still get lots of pressure. So how do i get time to throw?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2004, 09:51 AM   #2
Rookie

ultramag7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How do i get a pass off when people fan out line and outside rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeGod7
Everyone does this online in passing situations they spread the line then use playmaker to crash outside. And they be in quarter and I will have no time to throw and get sacked 50% of the time or get hit while throwing and get picked. I need to know what i can do to get time in the pocket because its no way a 3 man rush should get to me almost soon as i drop back. and this even works with bad de's they still get lots of pressure. So how do i get time to throw?
you have no god allah master equality!!!! sorry man i had to!!!!
Old 10-23-2004, 10:46 AM   #3
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Run up the middle...

Last person that did that to me got Jamal Lewis - 31 carries for 216 yds and 3 TD.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-23-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
Rookie

tlj101010's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
don't fly 20 yards back in drop back. immediately after the snap, push up ever so slightly to make your QB STOP (not move forward, just stop where he is). when the DL crashes back in, they won't be 5 yards downfield and past your OL, they'll be 2 yards downfield and they'll crash right into your OL. Now, you can either throw quickly from you are now (if its a slant or quick pass you need) or you can now continue your drop 5-7 yards because the DL is engaged with the OL.

This helpful against ******s that do nothing but fan/crash and BnR all game. If you get used to timing this, you can hit your WRs just as they break the BnR and manufacture a long, time consuming drive.
Blackhawks
Braves
Old 10-24-2004, 01:17 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlj101010
don't fly 20 yards back in drop back. immediately after the snap, push up ever so slightly to make your QB STOP (not move forward, just stop where he is). when the DL crashes back in, they won't be 5 yards downfield and past your OL, they'll be 2 yards downfield and they'll crash right into your OL. Now, you can either throw quickly from you are now (if its a slant or quick pass you need) or you can now continue your drop 5-7 yards because the DL is engaged with the OL.

This helpful against ******s that do nothing but fan/crash and BnR all game. If you get used to timing this, you can hit your WRs just as they break the BnR and manufacture a long, time consuming drive.
yep. all u got to do is step up in the pocket & everything will be good.+ if u have the chance just run with ur QB up the middle do it. ive done this bunches of times with marc bulger.

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2004, 05:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

This doest work when i step in the pocket the defensive linemen pancake my OL. And if you dont know pancake means they throw my OL right on there backs.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:21 PM   #7
Glory, Glory, Man United!

AtXj's Arena

OVR: 11

Use a team with a mobile quarterback and take off up the middle, or if that isnt your style then i would suggest running short in routes with your better recievers since they have a better chance of beating the bump and run. Just practice in practice mode until you get it down real well then the next time you play someone like that on-line there strategy will play into your hands.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
This doest work when i step in the pocket the defensive linemen pancake my OL. And if you dont know pancake means they throw my OL right on there backs.
I'm sure that may happen every once in a while, but I guarantee you that isn't going to happen every play. Just step up, let your blockers engage, then step back. It will take some adjusting, because your'e probably used to blindly dropping back and watching your receivers. you have to get used to stepping up and back while watching your receivers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »