Home

Unique Player Behaviors

This is a discussion on Unique Player Behaviors within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Unique Player Behaviors

It could be just me but, in the game, doesn't it seem like Peyton Manning Hot routes, audibles, and motions more than most other qbs you face in the game...same as he does in real life?

Also, doesn't it seem like the NFL's Knockout Artists such as Rodney Harrison, Roy Williams, John Lynch, Donovan Darius, Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis, etc, all use the Hit Stick... lol... alot more than the avg defender?

I mean, I know Madden's attributes/ratings aren't as extensive as nfl2k5's but I think it's a safe bet that there are alot of "hidden" ratings under the hood to help individualize the players.

Anybody else notice any other unique player behaviors?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2004, 08:34 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Unique Player Behaviors

Yes, Madden has not only unique player attributes but i've also noticed the teams play different both on offense and defense, some offenses rush alot more and others pass alot more, on defense some teams play safe and don't blitz whereas other teams are real agressive and blitz you alot. i'm very happy with how ea sports have managed to make the players and teams have actual personalities. it's one reason i like madden over espn in fact.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 11-01-2004, 08:09 PM   #3
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah i've noticed teams playing differently as well. But I'm mainly impressed with the way certain players standout and the way their real-life onfield personalities come through in the game. Its more apparent amongst the qb's than any other position....i.e. Manning going through all these pre-snap motions to try and confuse the defense. I'm curious has to how they pulled that off...its hidden
for sure....theres no visible attribute or slider in the game that would dictate how many pre-snap adjustments a qb will make.

After that, Defensive stars are next....Ray Lewis will indeed dominate a game, Rodney Harrison will knock your head off whenever possible. It's this type of stuff that adds to gameplay....even when it comes to the special celebrations like Dante Hall's X-Factor or Priest Holmes td celebration. Lil things like that add to the game.

Makes one wonder just how much deeper this individual player behavior will be in the next gen versions of Madden. I'm curious to see whatelse EA does with this aspect of the game.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:29 PM   #4
Glory, Glory, Man United!

AtXj's Arena

OVR: 11

I would definately agree certain players stand out among their respective teams and help lead them with their ability. Hopefully Madden will take this a little further next year and make it more distinctive and a little deeper in terms of players they do this for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »