Home

EA Sports Lineup at reduced prices

This is a discussion on EA Sports Lineup at reduced prices within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2004, 06:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
EA Sports Lineup at reduced prices

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11...s_6112689.html

not sure if this was posted. I may take a look at NHL since I all ready have Madden and NCAA.

But you can only wonder what that says about their games. Considering all of the BS that was thrown at Sega when they announced 19.99 sports titles.

Oh well its a win for me since I'll save same cash. GO GO PRICE WARS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: EA Sports Lineup at reduced prices

"Frank Gibeau, EA’s Senior Vice President of Marketing, naturally had great things to say about the price drop. “People who buy sports games late in the season tend to be more casual players. Our pricing strategy will be a big draw during the holidays and will attract new players to EA Sports.”

translation: we just got the NPD numbers and we need a new pricing strategy. the fact that our games have been $49.99 all the way to march and beyond in years prior should not be recalled or discussed at this time. the fact that ncaa football, the first 2005 sports game released JULY 13, was only reduced $10 because it has no competition in its genre, should also be ignored.

Last edited by Radja; 11-08-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

It's funny how they talked all kinds of stuff about sega and now they're dropping the price to the same thing as the espn games.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 11-08-2004, 08:16 PM   #4
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
"Frank Gibeau, EA’s Senior Vice President of Marketing, naturally had great things to say about the price drop. “People who buy sports games late in the season tend to be more casual players. Our pricing strategy will be a big draw during the holidays and will attract new players to EA Sports.”

translation: we just got the NPD numbers and we need a new pricing strategy. the fact that our games have been $49.99 all the way to march and beyond in years prior should not be recalled or discussed at this time. the fact that ncaa football, the first 2005 sports game released JULY 13, was only reduced $10 because it has no competition in its genre, should also be ignored.
Your response is BRILLIANT !!!!

Signed,
The Guiness Brothers
Old 11-08-2004, 08:50 PM   #5
Pro

What about March Madness, what's happening with it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2004, 09:01 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

This is so funny. Sega is giving it to them. Madden sales are down by 25% in September. I wonder why?

Da King is dead, long live the KING
Old 11-08-2004, 09:32 PM   #7
Banned

Funny when someone from EA, when asked about ESPN's low prices, basically said you get what you pay for. EA is dumb. They make nice games but they still suck, ya know?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:07 PM   #8
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherPrice
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11...s_6112689.html

not sure if this was posted. I may take a look at NHL since I all ready have Madden and NCAA.

But you can only wonder what that says about their games. Considering all of the BS that was thrown at Sega when they announced 19.99 sports titles.

Oh well its a win for me since I'll save same cash. GO GO PRICE WARS.
I love price wars!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »