Home

A glimpse into the Future

This is a discussion on A glimpse into the Future within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2004, 03:42 PM   #1
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15
A glimpse into the Future

I was just wondering how some of today's young stars are doing a few years down the road in your madden franchises?

Joey Harrington led the Lions to a 1-15 2004 campaign, and with the top pick Detroit chose some QB who is much worse, but this guy got most of the PT from there on. In year four, Harrington is my 2nd QB with a rating of 80, behind McCown (92)

Ben Roethlisberger, as of year three, was still behind Tommy Maddox and only rated in the mid 80s

Stephen Jones is a monster in St. Louis, runs all over me twice a year.

Phillip Rivers is the starter in San Diego in year four, finally. After 2004, the Bolts brought in Mark Brunell (!) who led them to a Super Bowl appearance in year three, where they lost to the Seahawks (for what it is worth, the first 2 SBs were Indy/Philly, with INdy winning both)

Antonio Gates is awesome.

David Carr is so-so, but not horrible.

Kevin Barlow is worth mentioning due to his frequent 14-1500 yard seasons.

Dante Hall seems to be doing a very good job as Atlanta's #1 CB, while Michael Bennet leads the rushing attack behind Michael Vick.

Drew Brees was a FA last year, rated 79, when I signed Harrington...I am not sure if he was signed...surely...

Lee Suggs sucks.

Willis McGahee is a 2nd string back, but I can't remember with whom.

Kyle Boller leads the currently 10-3 Ravens and is rated as a 91, while Carson Palmer continues to be unimpressive, throwing three INTs to my MLB (McKinnon) in one game (two on consecutive passes! ha!)

I think it is interesting, if not at times confusing and silly, to watch EAs progression. The Detroit Lions, especially, are getting screwed. Despite the great, but often young, talent on both sides of the ball, they continue to dwell in the cellar....Year four, the Raiduhs are 0-13 so far....nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #2
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: A glimpse into the Future

I can't remember many in my Dynasty but Harrington lost his starting job in '04 to *gasp* Mike McMahon who actually led them a wild card game (which i beat them in)...Of course using Lions logic they let McMahon become a free agent and now Harrington is back in the lineup...and they suck

Dante Hall a CB? I think you mean Deangelo
Old 11-20-2004, 09:13 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Harrington also was replaced in my dynasty by Matt Leinhart.

Old 11-20-2004, 12:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

In my Dolphins Dynasty, Quincy Carter was released from the Jets after the 04 season. I picked him up and now at the beginning of year 3 he's 28 and rated at 92 ovr.

Yeremiah Bell, a nobody saftey over here at Miami is rated at 90 ovr.

Deangelo Hall was a 4th string CB at Atlanta, and I's hate to see such young talent go to waste, so I picked him up at 21 yrs old, and now he's at an 87 ovrl, as 3rd string here behing 2 old CBs in Surtain (30) and Madison (32). Madison has been getting beat deep lately, so I might ahve to switch 93 ovrl Madison for Hall. Probably trade him away.

Randy McMichael has gone up to a 98 ovr.

Chambers and Boston are both Icons, and are rated at 97 ovr... Both of them.

Ronnie Brown is rated at a 89 now in his second year and Carnell at an 85.

Leinart replaces the Injured (86 ovr) Carson Palmer.

David Carr is owning it up at 94 ovr.

My boy, Vernon Carey is now at an 89 ovr here at Miami.

Stphen Jackson is still a back up, but an 87 ovr back up. This going to be his 3rd year.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:00 PM   #5
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

McGahee can be molded into one of the best RBs in the league in about two seasons. If you really work at him he can be in the top tier after one season and the best after two. In my first franchise I had him up to a 91 after the first season. I played Emmitt Smith with him... get down to the 10 and give him the ball for a few plays. A 23 TD season really boosts the stats regardless of total yards and YPC.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »