Home

Idea for 2005 Football Games I've not seen anywhere else

This is a discussion on Idea for 2005 Football Games I've not seen anywhere else within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2004, 05:01 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Idea for 2005 Football Games I've not seen anywhere else

As I got sacked again last night in NCAA it occurred to me that theres a problem no one really brings up in football games today. When you are the QB and drop back you have to look at your receivers and you also have to watch that you are not sacked by anyone. In real life this is not as difficult as it is in the game because of two things that games really cannot incorporate correctly: peripheral vision and the "feel" of the pocket.

So based on this, I started thinking wouldn't it be a good idea to make it so that when you are in the pocket that if someone on the defense approaches you that your controller rumbles and the closer they get the harder it rumbles.

Then this got me thinking about something else. When you play games you are controlling the QB so Awareness rating means nothing. As the developers say, it's difficult for them to make a real difference in a 70 OVR rated rookie QB who has a 45 Awareness rating and a 80 OVR rated veteran who has a 85 Awareness rating because the AWR rating means nothing when you are the person controlling the QB.

Well based on this I expanded my idea that they could make it so that a QB with a high AWR rating, like Peyton Manning, would "sense" the pocket better and the rumble would come sooner, be more accurate and get much louder if anyone on the defense got near the QB. A player with a low AWR rating, such as Chad Hutchinson, would hardly get much of a "buzz" at all from the rumble in the controller and thus would be alot more apt to get sacked and/or fumble the ball.

And on a related note, QBs with lower AWR rating should fumble quite a bit more when sacked, especially blindsided, simply because since they aren't "aware" the sack is coming they would not tuck the ball and protect it. I know in the past developers have not really had alot of fumbles on sacks because there are so many sacks of the QBs and it would unbalance the game but by implementing my idea above they could change it so that lower AWR players fumble much more on sacks and it really wouldn't unbalance the game.

It's really an idea I can't believe no one has proposed yet or at least not that I've seen but I really think would go a long ways toward better pocket realism not to mention making the game more realistic and finally making the AWR rating and the difference between rookie and vet QBs a pronounced difference (as it should be I think). Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2004, 05:12 PM   #2
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Idea for 2005 Football Games I've not seen anywhere else

This is an awesome idea...Where is the wishlist thread?

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 11-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #3
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Great idea, seems like it could be hard to implement, with so many variations due to awareness. But great idea nonetheless!
Old 11-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #4
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Cool idea but it sound like one of many features that will never be implemented
Old 11-19-2004, 06:28 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Cool idea but it sound like one of many features that will never be implemented
You're probably right but I do know that from this years features and interviews that QB pocket awareness is something they have been working on and trying to enhance.

I emailed this idea to [email protected] and [email protected] but not sure if those are the right emails or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2004, 03:44 AM   #6
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Isn't this in ESPN NFL's First Person football? Although it doesn't relate to awareness (I think), it is in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-20-2004, 11:36 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Isn't this in ESPN NFL's First Person football? Although it doesn't relate to awareness (I think), it is in there.
The first part is yeah with the rumbling; perhaps that is where I subconciously (sp?) got the idea from first but I don't believe the AWR aspect, or 2nd part of the suggestion is in any game. I do know I think both parts could work quite well in regular 3rd person football.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:45 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Excellent idea, I would love to see something like this come about in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »