Home

Question about rosters in franchise

This is a discussion on Question about rosters in franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2004, 01:02 PM   #1
Rookie

guinness22's Arena

OVR: 1
Question about rosters in franchise

I got tired of getting into year 2 or 3 in my franchise and playing against CPU teams with screwed up depth charts, eg- so many injured linemen still on the roster resulting in Jay Feely in at RG for Atl, or teams carrying one TE so an OT ends up second on the depth chart, etc. (Not to mention year 2 of my current franchise where the NYG are carrying 3 kickers and 2 punters!!!) So, I went into the Roster Breakdown menu, and noticed that although you can carry 55 total players, the game only requires you to carry 45. And out of the 45 only 26 have to be active. 26! Is that the same as years past? I have traded in all my old games so I can't check, but it seems to me last year you had to have many more active players??

What I see happening is all the injured players sit in the CPU's rosters and because of screwy depth chart management by the CPU coupled with only 26 active players required it results in weird stuff like the K at RG, or a P at QB, or a LT at TE, etc.

I know the solution is to controll all teams, but I did that once and didn't like taking the extra hour or two to fix all the depth charts every offseason. However this is obviously the only solution.

g22
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2004, 02:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Question about rosters in franchise

Yeah in my franchise one team has 5 kickers.

5 kickers!!!!! I Think that team was trying to put together there own mini soccer team within their own team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »