Home

Two Things I'd Like to See Changed

This is a discussion on Two Things I'd Like to See Changed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2004, 10:21 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Two Things I'd Like to See Changed

#1 More penalties. I have the penalty sliders maxed out, and with 13 minute quarters, I've never seen more than 4 or 5 penalties called in a game. There should be at least that many per team and sometimes more. This was never a problem until this year, what happened?

#2 More injuries. They just don't happen enough. Has anyone seen an offensive lineman get injured in the game you were playing? I've played 200 games and never has it happened. Plus, injuries period just don't happen frequently enough. Now I'm not talking about multiplying them by ten or anything, but throw a few more in there. And of all the game play sliders there are, why not an injury slider? And please, what's the point of having backup offensive lineman, they never get hurt.

Fix these two things, and add your usual new stuff next year, and don't mess anything else up and this game would be the greatest madden ever! Oh, I got one other.

#3 In franchise mode, if a player retires, his signing bonus should accelerate onto the cap. I mean, look at EA, they say if it's in the game, it's in the game...you can see with restricted free agency, and franchise tags, they are trying to make it very real, why not make it all the way. Retired players' signing bonuses do not all of sudden just dissapear in the NFL.

Oh and one more...

#4 Injured Reserve. When someone is placed on injured reserve, EA you have it all backwards. The roster spot should free up, and the cap charge stays. You've got it to where the cap charge frees up, and the roster spot doesn't. What do you think injured reserve is for???? Makes no sense, you've been doing this for years now, and I've pulled my hair out ever year over this. Injured reserve is there so that a team can place a player on it, and free up a roster spot. Fix it!!!

Thanks for allowing me to vent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2004, 11:12 PM   #2
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Two Things I'd Like to See Changed

[quote=Solution]#1 More penalties. I have the penalty sliders maxed out, and with 13 minute quarters, I've never seen more than 4 or 5 penalties called in a game. There should be at least that many per team and sometimes more. This was never a problem until this year, what happened?

I had read that the developer didn't want to have too many penalties so people wouldn't feel like they were getting ripped off or something to that effect. My response to that is then why add sliders. They don't seem to do anything though. In every year I've ever played Madden I have always had the least amount of penalties and it wasn't even close.

I've read people suggesting an injury slider before. I think that's a great idea. I think alot more short injuries would be good. Ones where a guy is out for a series or 2.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:32 PM   #3
Banned

Exactly, I would like to see the 1 or 2 play injuries and stuff....there's a lot of that, that goes on ina game. They've got to find a way to incorporate sprained knees to offensive lineman.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:57 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

I've seen an offensive lineman injured once and that was yesterday.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:12 AM   #5
Banned

In an actual game??
If so, that's once in 4,000 games I've seen or heard about....at least it happens. I won't hold my breath though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution
In an actual game??
If so, that's once in 4,000 games I've seen or heard about....at least it happens. I won't hold my breath though.

I think you have valid Gripes.....

I would really, and I mean REALLY...to see the CPU run more and effectively. I also think that needs an overhaul is the collision detection. This is where ESPN outshines Madden. The way the player interact with each other. Each year they get a little closer. Maybe by the next Gen, this will be there.

Also, on the Franchise mode. Madden has the best around. But it could be better. Think Front Office Football. Incorporate all the features that FoF has and I would be set forever....This would be the game within the game.

My friend and I always take the Madden Challenge. We take the worst team in the game. Sim the first year letting the CPU do everything. Then come year 2. We do all the drafting/FA stuff/everything (But actually play) and see how far we can take the team and record our moves.

We add point values to your Win/Loss record, Playoff Wins/ Draft picks/ Pro Bowl Players/ MVP's/ etc....

It's actually pretty fun...But if they could incorporate all the features from FoF...that would make the game...."Special"..
Old 11-26-2004, 06:46 PM   #7
Banned

[quote=MoL2k]I think you have valid Gripes.....

I would really, and I mean REALLY...to see the CPU run more and effectively. I also think that needs an overhaul is the collision detection. This is where ESPN outshines Madden. The way the player interact with each other. Each year they get a little closer. Maybe by the next Gen, this will be there.

QUOTE]

I have sliders under the slider forums that will make the cpu run very effectively. It's all in the RB ability...I cannot believe people don't know this. Turn the RB ability all the way up and they make cuts and jukes and stiff arms, they're very solid!!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:43 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution
In an actual game??
I also play 13 min accel quarters and have had 2 OL injured in 5 seasons- Kevin Mawae was injured in garbage time in yesterday's game - held my breath - only out for one quarter. In 5 seasons with Jets , Pennington's missed half a season , McCairens 6 games, a few players have missed probs a dozen games between them. Agreed. Nowhere near enough.

Im sure the run will be fixed next year , as look at the NFL this year- over 52% of all plays are running plays, and it seems that just about anyone can run for 100 yards against almost anyone.

Oh and btw - get yourself a fast defence with high awr and no-one will be able to do anything against you. My D is nowrated 95 overall , and this year I gave up 176 yards average per game (thats run AND pass)- in 13 min accel quarters. A new low for the cpu :- J.Jones for Dallas (who isnt at all bad now im in 2008), behind a decent line 28 carrys for 12 yards - 12 yards longest.

Yep bring on next years cpu running game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »