Home

Madden NFL 2006 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 2006 Wishlist within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #41
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 2006 Wishlist

I think they should bring in one more aspect to the owner mode. There should be a list of the Top 20 selling jerseys for each season, and which team is selling the most merchandise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 7

- salary cap resembles reality, i.e. that teams dont have 20 mil in cap space at the game's outset.

-.5 sacks added in stats
Old 01-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #43
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

OVR: 2
Playbooks

Please I am begging let me set my custom Offensive and Defensive Playbooks as my Default Playbooks. I am so tired of setting my Audibles every game I play, would ti be that hard?????

More customization in Created playbooks why only 9 formations and 75 plays, the NFL teams have way more then that.

More Flexibility in play creation, custom plays are not flippable at the LOS, No Playaction, No pitch plays (option or hook & ladder)

There are many in prior post that are great ideas too.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:04 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Playbooks

Okay, now I've thought it over some more.

My suggestions:

-Drop the radio show. It was entertaining for a bit but got old fast. It doesn't seem to be all that popular with gamers; I would guess the space and effort used on it could be used more effectivly.

-Perhaps replace it with a video hightlight show?

-DBs are very odd: they often miss balls right in their hands (I know they arn't recievers but most of them will catch a ball right in their hands 99% of the time). This would also help make the passing game more challanging - right now even if you throw a real crummy pass it is only deflected. Also it's weird how they swat balls behind their backs without looking at them

-a way to block punts and FGs

-.5 sacks in the stats

-offensive tackles a lot of the time just let D-Linemen run right by them without trying to engage them.

-similarly a lot the time it seems like d-linemen will run to engage a blocker rather than trying to around him.

-CPU QBs almost never get sacked; a lot of the time they throw the ball rather than get the sack and throw terrible passes. This happens a lot when they are being rushed from the blideside too which is odd because it seems like they have eyes in the back of their heads.

-it'd be great if in challange mode you could select which aspect of the play to challange (a la ESPN nfl2k5)

-laterals!

-the ability to jump over the line, esp. at the goal line

-CPU defenses being fooled at least a little by pla action, pump fakes, and draws. Right now they seem to know exactly what's going to happen.

-the ability to trade kickers and punters

-the ability to see plays you are audibling in to (again like nfl2k5)
Old 01-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Playbooks

How about a Track and Field style combine featuring real combine workouts like...

40 yard dash(button mashing
20 yard (also button mashing
225 bench press( timed mashing
(maybe add a timed Wonderlic test for good measure)that way your score affects the awareness of the player
and maybe have a realtime interview to where you are actually hearing the player respond to certain questions like on a rpg game?!
(maybe have the ability to play or scout college games, or I have a better idea, for each player you have 3 clips of highlights!!! and maybe call it Highlight mode...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2005, 11:00 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like all of the ideas presented so far in this thread. I also would like to add we need more field damage and a difference between playing on grass and turf surfaces. And why can't they have the in game highlights of other games like they had on one of the old versions of Madden. You would see the score and a highlight while you were in your game.PLEASE GET RID OF THE DAMN SUPERHUMAN CPU DB'S THAT CAN JUMP HIGHER THAN ALL THE NBA PLAYERS COMBINED. Let's us be able to draft from more of the college players that we import from the college game. Hell all the qb's sometimes are gone by the 3rd round.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:58 AM   #47
Rookie

SickEm's Arena

OVR: 1

I think it would be cool to add the ability to look away from the receiver you "may" or "may not" throw to in the passing game. It could easily be done by implementing a system where you press the icon once and the QB looks to that recevier. Based on the DB reactions you could then select where to slang it.

You would throw the ball by hitting the button twice for the receiver you wish to throw to.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:51 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 11

I didnt take the time to read through everyon's stuff so I might repeat some peoples things.

-Computer generated faces for rookies. I like to play my football games well into the 10th and 11th seasons and then some. By then I have a bunch of faceless players and the game just doesnt seem to have the personality that it has when you play the first couple of seasons. To some this might not be a big deal but to me its huge.

-Higher injury probability based on weather conditions. Make you think twice about running your star running back 35 times in the snow.

-Pop up stats throughout the game. Kinda like what ESPN does. They will talk about a player at random and mention what he's done so far in the game.

-Trades during the actual draft.

-Keep track of players awards they have won and how many times they have won it. The console versions need a hall of fame as well. I like to see if my rookie QB is going to be the next Elway or Montanna and see if he can make it to the Hall.

-More detail in player personalities. If youre gonna have an owner/GM mode in a game, dealing with the Randy Moss's of the league are as much of a part as making sure you make a 20% profit off your Ballpark Franks and Beer. Also I think when you are scouting college players for the draft I think they should have a history as well. Not just a GPA and a interview. For instance, we knew Randy Moss wasnt your model citizen in college and now we see hes not in the NFL. Might make you wonder if you REALLY wanna draft someone like that on your team.

-Single Player (position) career mode. I think it would be AWESOME to do what 989 did with baseball. Make your player and see how he turns out during his NFL career. Get endoresment deals, demand to be traded, you make one player, choose a position and play out his NFL career. You ONLY control your player and no one else. That would be so cool. See how you stack up at the end of your career. How cool would it be to make your own player (face modler included) and say hes a WR, you fight in the offseason for a starting position. Imagine what happens if you go a whole game only getting the ball thrown to you two times? I think it would be cool to be an individual on a team. You would be able to feel the frustration when youre getting the job done but say your team defense sucks and you can never make it out of the first round of the playoffs, etc etc. Imagine you having a stellar year, youre in the final year of your contract and teams are beating down the door to sign you away. You could also have rivalries with other players ala T.O. and Ray Lewis. THIS WOULD KICK MAJOR BOOOTAY!

- This year could we get real highlights? and when its gets down to crunch time and say you are on the wild card bubble but so is another team that week get updates in game to the other game so you can see the added pressure put on you to win YOUR game.

-New animations would be nice. Kinda tired of seeing my linebacker shake the camera after every win.

-Real play by play commentary that says players names. Sorry but John Madden is getting VERY VERY old.

-Press conferences after games that affect team morale for the next week.

-Suspesions for helmet to helmet hits and other infractions. I know in franshise mode it wont mater if your player gets fined, but how about have the fine levied to your team to affect your income?

-Owner firing! You suck, get fired. Also if you play long enough actually have other people maybe buying your team. This would open up a door for owner personalilty. For 6 seasons you have a laid back owner who wants to win but will let you run the show to only have him sell the team in year 7 to a Jerry Jones type owner whos a control freak. Or an Al Davis type with the "win this year or I will fire you" attitude. I mean right now in Madden no matter how bad it gets I cant get fired. There is no incentive to do well to be honest.

-Bring back the side view camera and an isometric view camera. It just looks cooler when I play in coach mode.

-Actually have developers listen to us, the consumer! lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »