Home

Do you ever fire the coaches?

This is a discussion on Do you ever fire the coaches? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Do you ever fire the coaches?

I completed one season in a franchise mode a few weeks ago, my defense was miserable (using the Titans, I could play the run pretty well seeing as though the running AI stinks, but playing the pass was a whole other story)

So after going 7-9, I decided to shake things up and bring a different defensive coordinator in. I didn't make it through the offseason, decided to scrap it and start another franchise because of free agent signings and draft choices that I was regretful of making.

Anyway, what the main question is...Do you or have you fired any of the coaches on your team and does it make any difference in the overall play of the team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
Rookie

jwired21's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Do you ever fire the coaches?

i fire my coaches after any bad year, but I don't know if there is any overall difference in the play of the team. I just like to hire the worst coaches for my team, call my strange. The problem stopping the pass is a problem for almost everyone though, #1 against the run and #32 against the pass.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:39 PM   #3
MVP

yeah, the AI passing game most assuredly needs to be fixed

it's a little better then last years but my god it's still atrocious at some points.

I tried sifting through the sliders thread but I can't seem to find a good set of sliders, or a set of sliders period. that thread has been cluttered to the extreme. I'll prolly just go back in their later tonight and read through it until I find something that might work.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:24 PM   #4
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwired21
i fire my coaches after any bad year, but I don't know if there is any overall difference in the play of the team. I just like to hire the worst coaches for my team, call my strange. The problem stopping the pass is a problem for almost everyone though, #1 against the run and #32 against the pass.
Actually I'm finding the problem to be the amount the CPU passes. Everytime I play, the CPU throws 45+ times and runs less then 20, even if the RB has an average over 4.5 YPC. My solution has been taking control over all the teams, and setting all the "tasks" to CPU. (Except for my Eagles). I then move the coaching strategies of every opponent I play, 10% more to run. It's worked pretty well. The only thing that sucks is that I have to work all the teams Owner's Box, and there's no trading picks during the draft.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:06 PM   #5
MVP

lol i don't know if you've tried it, but their are sliders that can help the AI run more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2004, 01:41 AM   #6
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Icon12 Re: Do you ever fire the coaches?

I am now in the middle of my 8th season in franchise mode, using coaching mode and having madden call both offense and defense I call audible or adjust my defense or offense based on what the cpu defense is showing me. after the 2009 season I went to the staffing screen and found out that Bill Parcell accepted a job with the Arizona Cardinals, the cpu not me assigned Maurice Carthon as head coach, I wanted Mike Zimmer as my Head Coach and found out that if I release Carthons I would take a substancial hit to my finances, meaning I would have to pay the remaining years of his contract. I ended up releasing Mike Zimmer because his salary did not fit a coordinators salary structure. I then Hired Clancy Pendergast as defensive coordinator.
I check under coaches options and notice that the sliders changed My defense was not going to play as aggressive they would play a more read and react style defense. On offense I hired Sean Payton as my offensive coordinator the offensive slider changed to lesser run and more passing. I left the slider as they were and played my regular season I went from 12 wins and a playoff to 7 wins, My defense ranked near the bottom against both the past and run. offensively we put up the same numbers under parcell with Payton as my coordinator. I then decided to fire Carthon and Hire Zimmer as my Head coach, leaving Clancy Pendergast as my defensive coordinator.
I notice that the coaching slider returned back to where it was under Mike Zimmer when he was coordinator. all so I notice that the slider for my running back requested that My number 1 running back get most of the carries and the offense became more of a ball control offense. however I had a few injuries including losing my starting quarterback for 6 weeks my record now is 3-5. I say changing your coaches does effect what your offense and Defense.

Last edited by crob8822; 12-01-2004 at 01:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »