Home

Speed Kills

This is a discussion on Speed Kills within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2004, 02:29 PM   #9
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Speed Kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
If you have a line that can block a speed back will have a field day. Guys with 95+ speed and acceleration will play better than their overall ratings just because they're fast enough to rarely get hit. Add in some agility for bouncing and a high 70s rated running back can pick up 80+ yards a game with no trouble. Let's not forget that these speedy backs also make great receivers out of the backfield if they have passable hands.

The only problem is that these lower rated speed backs are limited in that they generally have to run to the outside to be effective. A higher rated speed guy will have that ability to pound the ball up the middle when needed. What I'm getting at is the lower rated speed guys will put up good looking numbers but those numbers won't usually come for you when you need them the most.

I had Trung Canidate backing up Corey Dillon for a couple seasons and Canidate started 11 games in the second season when Dillon when down with a broken elbow. He would pick up his 70+ yards on the ground when it didn't matter but the second I needed a one or two yard pickup he would get knocked around mercilessly.
I had Trung Candidate in my Washington Redskins Madden 2004 dynasty, and you are absolutely right. But he'd always break a big run, 20, 30, 40, sometimes the big 80 yarder at least once a game.

And TJdasportsguy, I'm not a college football fan, I think you misread my post. But the Buffalo Bills, that's a whoooole different story right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-06-2004, 03:22 PM   #10
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

If you play a few years in your franchise and import draft classes from NCAA, look for Reggie Bush out of USC. He is a burner (95 speed in my franchise) and has good hands out of the backfield.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:24 AM   #11
X marks the spot

zephyr13's Arena

OVR: 5

I use the Chargers and Jesse Chatman tears is up for me. I usually use him the whole fourth quarter if I have a lead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2004, 11:18 AM   #12
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Trung did the same for me for a year, but I released him anyway. He starts now, though, but I can't remember for whom.
Quentin Griffin is maintaining the starting job on my team, especially after haveing two 80+ yard runs in the Super Bowl agains the Ravens. IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Forget RBs though. Get speed at DE and LB and you will OWN!! I will rarely us a LB with a speed under the low 80s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »