Home

Petition addressed to NFL, please sign and comment

This is a discussion on Petition addressed to NFL, please sign and comment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2004, 09:32 AM   #17
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Petition addressed to NFL, please sign and comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by King McIntyre
What is the use of this petition? Take Two and Sega had the chance to match and didn't, EA pulled this deal off fair and square. VC should offer their presentation experts to EA's staff to help make the game more interesting b/c quite frankly both are boring and not worth crying over...I could imagine just playing Madden b/c that's all I grew up on after Tecmo Bowl was gone, so this deal doesn't change anything for me or anyone else that I know...we all pick Madden over ESPN...even if it was $19, I still took the game back.

Hopefully EA will step up and deliver not just Madden rehashed, but a whole new game, with those Madden characteristics that we all know and love.

Get that petition outta here, crybabies.
You fail to realize the ramifications of a deal like this. Getting this deal done was probably just one of several steps to corner the sports gaming market. If EA Sports continues to take exclusive rights to other sports' licenses, then they have a lock on the sports gaming community. That means that its their sandbox, they make the rules, and you will have no other well to drink out of. Gaming sites like Operations Sports are done, because what sports news can we possibly give you other than the EA stuff they give us. If we accidently call them on a certain item in a game or give them a bad review, they can quite possibly then cut us off. We would basically be "Operation EA Sports" ( as we have jokingly mentioned) .

There is no harm signing a petition. I agree with you that unfortunately it might not do much, but there is no harm in them. We can get into the whole "my vote doesnt matter" deal too, but that is a different discussion for a different site.

Crybabies no. Concerned on the future of what we as sports gamers see as only getting sports games from one company? yes. Very much so

Last edited by Bacardi151; 12-14-2004 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:50 PM   #18
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Petition addressed to NFL, please sign and comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZagMan
This petition is a waste of time. What EA has done is completely legal.

Say I want to go to a store and buy some eggs. You could get a petition of 35 million signatures against it and the government couldn't stop me from buying those eggs. Get a life.

I'm loving some of those messages on there though, especially the "I will never support the NFL" messages. Hope everybody realizes that every time you watch a football game, you're supporting the NFL.
Wow zig, you are an idiot...and it mean that in the greek sense of the word, as being politically unaware.

Yes, we could stop you from buying those eggs, especially if you were attempting to buy all of them, so as to sell them at a higher or lower price. This would be similar to when Wal-Mart bought huge stockpiles of pharmaceuticals and sold them under cost and made profit off of the other things people would buy when they came to the store.
Even if we did not have a petition of Xmillion sigs, we could simply stop you buy breaking your legs and arms, etc.

This is not a threat, it is a point to illustrate that the CONSUMER has ALL of the power in the market place. Simply REFUSE to buy the game. Of course, Americans are generally full of whine with no substance, so all the real jackarses will dutifully go to their local store and pay an absurd amount for a roster update and something new to do with your triangle button after you press R1 and run a playaction pass.

Preventing this sort of monopoly/exclusivity has been the cornerstone of our "free" market economy. There is precedent and cause.
People like you, zigzag, who run around bitching about how nothing can change, or will change, and who have no sense at all about "legal" are the primary problem here. Surprisingly, it is not EA or the NFL. It is people like you who are to lazy to BELIEVE anything can be done, much less actually do it.

In addition, watching the NFL does not support it. I give the NFL a total of $0 each time I watch a game. I don't drink Coors or Bud, so I don't pay their biggest advertisers. I don't buy jerseys because they are ridiculously expensive. Watching the games does not support it, purchasing (with money) its products and sponsors, however, does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »