Home

Whose to blame....

This is a discussion on Whose to blame.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: whose to blame
EA 28 27.18%
NFL 63 61.17%
Sega/Take Two 12 11.65%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2004, 03:16 PM   #17
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Whose to blame....

"We (EA) have proposed exclusivity several times in the past, but this year, in the spring the NFL had an off-site meeting, and they decided to consider bids for exclusivity," Brown told IGN in an exclusive interview. "Several bids were submitted but they accepted EA's. I cannot tell you how much this cost, but exclusivity is expensive, we are paying a premium."

from IGN: http://sports.ign.com/articles/572/572886p1.html
Old 12-14-2004, 03:16 PM   #18
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

I think the NFL is because they are the ones who get to decide who can use their name and brand.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:17 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
Whose to blame....

There is no blame. The NFL and NFLPA decided to go with a exclusive licenwe for 5 years. Am sure they open it up for bids. But EA won the bid am sure that EA knew all the long they would get it. none of the other comapnies could match there offer. If the NBA and MLB want to do exclusive deals. EA has to be in a very strong postion with there resources. Like it or not this was all about business. The stronger company won out as it should be.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:18 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Umm how about no one?
Old 12-14-2004, 04:20 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

HOW CAN U blame EA for takign their business to the next level. We live in a capitalist society where big bank take little bank .........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2004, 05:47 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

My intial reaction was that is is solely the NFL that's to blame here. But after reading a few reports, this isn't the first time EA has lobbied for exclusivity. They've lobbied for it several times before so as much as I have been trying to keep them out of it, they are not innocent here by any means. In the end Power and Control are at the center of this issue. There is no one innocent here.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:16 PM   #23
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Nobody's to blame, why are people trying to blame people. Thats it's, get over it. It was a business deal that all it was. If EA has the money and the NFL aproves, thats just fine. Just cause people don't like it doesn't mean anyones to blame.
I love Wal-Mart's cheap prices and quality prices, but it's business practices are lowballing and dirty. Yeah, what EA and the NFL did was just business but it is the ugliest of big business.....the part that you are not supposed to hear about when Scary Big Business A puts a thriving company out of business. The NFL is so stupid, they actually think this is a good thing not knowing that they basically created a monopoly.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's the NFL who is to blame. They wanted to sell the rights, EA saw a chance to corner the market by being the only NFL game and took it. By being the only offical NFL game out there, they will probably double or triple the revenue that came in this year, good business move on EA...I don't agree with it, but they saw the chance and took it. I personally, don't like Madden and probably will not buy another football game until all this is over, but it is not because they bought the rights...I just don't like madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »