Home

Whose to blame....

This is a discussion on Whose to blame.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: whose to blame
EA 28 27.18%
NFL 63 61.17%
Sega/Take Two 12 11.65%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2004, 10:10 PM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Whose to blame....

[rant]As crazy as this sounds, I don't blame EA for this one.....actually I do but they shouldn't shoulder most of the blame. From the looks of things the NFL intended to sell it's license to the highest bidder. In effect, the NFL not only gets a larger percentage of sells, but a huge lump sum as well. Surprise, surprise....the NFL is out for money again.

The same league that is threatening major networks without any real room for leverage, the same league that cares so much if TO doesn't have his socks up but gets paid big bucks from organizations that advertise "male problems", the same league that ban's "Super Bowl Parties", the same league that will sell out some of it's most traditional franchises to get a market in LA, which would rather watch a Paris Hilton musical than a football game(it was a joke), the same league that screws former players who were mentally disabled before or even while playing football, the same league that *publicly* detests gambling but loves fantasy leagues where they can make a profit.

Tagliabue is a putz. I've long suspected that the big brass of the NFL were nothing more than money grabbing snakes and this event does nothing but reaffirm this. Sure they care about you, the fan, but for the sake of a buck...they will sell you out in a minute. MLB is not different and is full of problems, but there are enough traditionalists and hardcore baseball people to counteract any of this. The NBA is full of image problems and lacks the quality of play it once did, but it does have a competent commissioner who places the fans first. The NFL is an efficient league that happens to have a GREAT TV sport, but it is so greedy and so anal that I would say that if CFB's heads wasn't just as vile, I would love it much more than the NFL. I love football, I love the Carolina Panthers, and sometimes I love the NFL but it goes too far. This is one of those cases.

And this is not an isolated incident but a series of bull that has went down over the years. The NFL is at fault here. [/rant]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2004, 10:36 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Whose to blame....

i don't know why anybody is mad at ea i was at first but when you think about it, it was all up to the nfl they could of easily said no and that would of been that. They are the greedy ones and couldn't keep their hands off the money. If VC and sega and take two had the money i'm sure they would of tried to get their hands on the license also. Damn the No Fun League. No team celebrations, now no video game competition. So they might as well take their games off of espn on sunday since the ****ted on them once.

the NFL just sucks come on this is still the league that penalizes players for wearing their socks down. They wanna run things like we live in the 50's. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i swear madden 2006 better be not only the greatest sports game in history it better be the greatest video game in history especially if xbox 2 comes out. If not i say we all march to the ea building and take action lol.

Last edited by HoodedSoldier; 12-13-2004 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Its all NFL, they gave it to the highest bidder. Atleast 5 companies bid, I wonder who they were.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:58 PM   #4
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincyez
Its all NFL, they gave it to the highest bidder. Atleast 5 companies bid, I wonder who they were.
Easports 3 times and VC twice i bet.

I think VC couldnt pay as high because the game was sold at 20$
Old 12-14-2004, 12:29 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It's the NFL who is to blame. EA couldn't buy something that wasn't for sell. Of course if the NFL put it up for bid then EA would be stupid to not buy it. We may not like it as consumers and I agree it's not good for us at all but as a company EA should not be held to blame for protecting their interests of one of their biggest moneymakers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2004, 02:04 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's the NFL who is to blame. EA couldn't buy something that wasn't for sell. Of course if the NFL put it up for bid then EA would be stupid to not buy it. We may not like it as consumers and I agree it's not good for us at all but as a company EA should not be held to blame for protecting their interests of one of their biggest moneymakers.
Totally agree. The NFL justed wanted more cash and didn't need this at all.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

No question, the NFL is to blame in this situation, it was them who wanted to sell the license exclusively.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:27 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

not eas fault...nfl all the way selling out to highest bidder..as always

this cant be good for gamers even though i prefered madden over espn

they can have some kinda glitch like the lefty bug and they can basically do to us what jake plummer did yesterday..and nowon can do anything about it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »