Home

How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year?

This is a discussion on How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year?
I will boycott all EA games until the deal expires. 83 22.68%
I will boycott Madden until the deal expires. 28 7.65%
I will boycott Madden next year. 22 6.01%
I'm not sure. 39 10.66%
I will still buy Madden, but I am wholly disgusted with the deal. 72 19.67%
I will still buy Madden, but I think EA and the NFL might be making a big mistake with this deal. 60 16.39%
I will always buy Madden. I think the licensing deal is a good thing. 62 16.94%
Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2004, 02:09 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyHoppIII
If the game is improved and top of the line NFL quality videogame football, than yeah many people might turn away their old opinions, but if its the same o'l people will be mad that EA basically bought there way to the top of the football gaming industry. lol theyll be the only ones competiting
They were leaps and bounds ahead anyway..VC made a little run but not enough would take at least a few years to get close, even though their game might of been better.

I dont think most people boycotting will hold up once the game drops either.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:19 PM   #18
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
They were leaps and bounds ahead anyway..VC made a little run but not enough would take at least a few years to get close, even though their game might of been better.

This is what I keep saying.....Please, all you people who keep saying your gonna boycot EA, you will be the first in line to get Madden when it comes out. If there is onlyone NFL football game coming out for the next 5 years you will have no choice but to buy it. I'm gonna some how save these threads and look back in August and see who said there gonna boycot EA, and see who said I will never buy Madden again. When I look back and then see your name in the impressions thread Of Madden 2006, I'm gonna have a good time laughing my @$$ off.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 12-14-2004, 02:32 PM   #19
Crescent Fresh

BD8802's Arena

OVR: 4

I am going to seriously consider not buying MVP Baseball this year. Just depends if the other games impliment a pitching system that can rival MVP's.

I already did not buy Madden this year, and probably will not next year. ESPN NFL 2k5 should be playable for at least a couple years. Alot will depend on 1) price 2) if they actualy improve the game. I realistically think that i can go a few years without getting a new Madden due to their historical lack of upgrades.

NCAA Football will be harder to boycott, as it is my favorite sports game ever.

/bd
Old 12-14-2004, 02:32 PM   #20
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf

The other thing to consider is that most of the people "boycotting" were ESPN fans in the first place. I don't think EA really cares if they are losing business they didn't have to begin with. Sure, some peoplem bought both games, but the new customers will far outweigh the isolated few they are losing.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:10 PM   #21
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Ill just update espn nfl2k5 rosters for next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2004, 03:18 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

i bought 2k5 this year because of the price... i was planning on getting madden next year anyway since 2k6's price was rumored to be back to normal and i prefer madden's franchise mode...

yeah this deal sucks because it gives us only one choice for a football game, but boycotting all EA games? that's a little overboard in my opinion.

and if madden is the only game next year with the nfl teams and players, then i'll definitely buy it because it is still a quality game.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:46 PM   #23
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I already hate ea games(except for nba street and burnout 3) so it's not much of a stretch for me to not buy one of their games. I'm just going to play nfl2k5(unless nfl2k6 is still going to come out).

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-14-2004, 04:02 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

I won't buy EA games because I'm not a fan of them. I can't get into the Madden series or any of the other EA Sports offerings. For me it's easier because I can play 2K5 until whenever (because SOMEONE will have updated rosters floating on the 'net), so I'm not boycotting EA by not buying their stuff - I'm just not interested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »