Home

How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year?

This is a discussion on How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year?
I will boycott all EA games until the deal expires. 83 22.68%
I will boycott Madden until the deal expires. 28 7.65%
I will boycott Madden next year. 22 6.01%
I'm not sure. 39 10.66%
I will still buy Madden, but I am wholly disgusted with the deal. 72 19.67%
I will still buy Madden, but I think EA and the NFL might be making a big mistake with this deal. 60 16.39%
I will always buy Madden. I think the licensing deal is a good thing. 62 16.94%
Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2004, 04:04 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year?

it doesnt bother me i was going to buy madden next year anyway i got espn and the game isnt up to par to madden in my opinion

*shrugs*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2004, 04:16 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
This is what I keep saying.....Please, all you people who keep saying your gonna boycot EA, you will be the first in line to get Madden when it comes out. If there is onlyone NFL football game coming out for the next 5 years you will have no choice but to buy it. I'm gonna some how save these threads and look back in August and see who said there gonna boycot EA, and see who said I will never buy Madden again. When I look back and then see your name in the impressions thread Of Madden 2006, I'm gonna have a good time laughing my @$$ off.
and I wish I could find all the post that ppl made in the summer that said EA would never be able to do this deal.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 12-14-2004, 04:16 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 21

Its sad to say, but the ONLY thing that will stop stupid stuff like this from repeating itself is for everyone to boycott next years Madden. We all know that wont happen, but I will do my part in bringing it about. I am not buying any sports game EA makes till this thing is over. This is sad that the NFL sold its soul to EA at the consumers expense. I will also buy any football game VC makes next year. The NFL license is not what made their game great anyway. I hope Sega and Take 2 dont throw in the towel.

This is really messed up.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:50 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Its sad to say, but the ONLY thing that will stop stupid stuff like this from repeating itself is for everyone to boycott next years Madden. We all know that wont happen, but I will do my part in bringing it about. I am not buying any sports game EA makes till this thing is over. This is sad that the NFL sold its soul to EA at the consumers expense. I will also buy any football game VC makes next year. The NFL license is not what made their game great anyway. I hope Sega and Take 2 dont throw in the towel.

This is really messed up.

As much as I hate to give in to the pessimism this is about the only option that the consumer has. But the empirical reality is that people are going to cave in and buy it. They may hold out for one year and then as soon as next gen hits, the aesthetic appeal will overwhelm them and they will cave in.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:00 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 14

What I think will happen is that more people will wait to buy the game then decide based on the impressions of others. One thing to consider in referencing EAs past is that towards the end of the PS1 run when NBA Live and Triple Play were nothing but roster updates, there were no message boards like this --at least that Im aware of. The fact people have greater access to the attestations on the quality of the game might help a lot in this regard. If EA starts putting out crap products its possible the market will dry up.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:10 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 14

I will buy the best football game available next year.. And it looks like it is going to be Madden, based on the fact that ESPN's game won't have real players, teams, or logos.

It's really easy to loudly proclaim that I am going to boycott EA, now that the football season is nearing the home stretch and I've had the opportunity to play either football game all season. But realistically, I'll buy Madden, because I like football gaming, and I like buying a new game each year.

Is this EA deal good for gamers and sports fans in general? Hell no, but me taking a stand isn't going to do anything aside from leave me disontent and more upset because I don't have a football game to play in 2006.

And those of you boycotting this game until the ruling/buyout is reversed, are likely going to be waiting many years to play a new game of authentic football.

This is certainly bad news, but I'm going to roll with it and buy Madden, providing it's a solid and enjoyable game.

I bought ESPN NFL and Madden this year, and I enjoyed Madden a lot more.

It's interesting to see the shift from being overly critical of ESPN, it's many glitches, and poor pre-release testing, to suddenly stand behind it to the extent that EA's games will be boycotted.

EA's going to be releasing even more of the same now from year to year, but as long as I still consider it the best, and most authentic, game on the market, I'll buy it. I don't have an allegiance to game companies; I have an allegiance to my money and good games, regardless of who makes them.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:18 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 16

Well, I bought both this year and Madden got more of time and this deal has me alittle more excited about buying Madden in 2006.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2004, 07:24 PM   #32
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

I'll still pick it up. Although it is a shame that ESPN is gone because competition makes the world go 'round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »