Home

How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year?

This is a discussion on How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year?
I will boycott all EA games until the deal expires. 83 22.68%
I will boycott Madden until the deal expires. 28 7.65%
I will boycott Madden next year. 22 6.01%
I'm not sure. 39 10.66%
I will still buy Madden, but I am wholly disgusted with the deal. 72 19.67%
I will still buy Madden, but I think EA and the NFL might be making a big mistake with this deal. 60 16.39%
I will always buy Madden. I think the licensing deal is a good thing. 62 16.94%
Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2004, 02:13 AM   #41
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: How will the new licensing deal affect your purchasing decisions next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Nothings free. If you're talking about pirating you're paying for the games not with cash but with your mortal soul.
Sorry to burst your bubble but I get all my EA games for free and I don't pirate anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2004, 02:26 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
Sorry to burst your bubble but I get all my EA games for free and I don't pirate anything.
Well that's how most people who say they get their games for free get them so it's a fair assumption. If you work in the gaming industry or otherwise get them in that manner you may get them for cash free but you're putting in your dues elsewhere so my point is still valid, nothings really free in this world.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:04 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 4

screw this,this blows big time!!!!!!!..................my solution is simple......I OWN NFL2K5...and is done playiing or buying any football games until EA's lazy nonsense is done with and other companies start making nfl games.........................ea was definately feeling the BURN this year!!!after that stupid comment at e3 about sega not selling even if the sky fell or somehting like that lol!!..then the sales results came in n their geeky little mouths hit the floor and their paychecks came back a little smaller!!...those no scarry floks @ ea...are all little nerds who are scared to compete...THIS WAS A SHOOK MOVE!!

i don't understand it....instead of raising their level n go into a fight that was shure to last a good long while..they threw in all the money and ran!!!!!

sega v.s. ea in NFL games would have pushed the developers to a hard working pace to have the realest,best product out.....=EXCELLENT FOR NFL GAME PLAYERS.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:27 AM   #44
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
screw this,this blows big time!!!!!!!..................my solution is simple......I OWN NFL2K5...and is done playiing or buying any football games until EA's lazy nonsense is done with and other companies start making nfl games.........................ea was definately feeling the BURN this year!!!after that stupid comment at e3 about sega not selling even if the sky fell or somehting like that lol!!..then the sales results came in n their geeky little mouths hit the floor and their paychecks came back a little smaller!!...those no scarry floks @ ea...are all little nerds who are scared to compete...THIS WAS A SHOOK MOVE!!

i don't understand it....instead of raising their level n go into a fight that was shure to last a good long while..they threw in all the money and ran!!!!!

sega v.s. ea in NFL games would have pushed the developers to a hard working pace to have the realest,best product out.....=EXCELLENT FOR NFL GAME PLAYERS.
YEAH it was a GREAT business move by ea and for ea. I dont like it but i UNDERSTAND it.

Why keep loosing sales to a company thats putting out a product hasnt been great since 2k3 but continues to gain sales and within 2 years could reduce your units tremendiously.

This is war in the board rooms lets cut off there ammo/supplies and watch them starve to death. IT WAS ONE HELL OF A MOVE BY EA, now its up to sega/vc/take2/the gamers to keep 2k alive
Old 12-15-2004, 09:06 AM   #45
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

LOL,It's so easy to say that you're boycotting when the game is 8 months away from release...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2004, 11:23 AM   #46
All Star

OVR: 13

Well, maybe you guys are all right about how many people will buy Madden when it comes out (actually, I'm sure you're right), but keep in mind that everyone on this board isn't a 19-year-old college student with nothing but time to play games all day. I'm not sure how many, but a lot of us are working stiffs that aren't that obsessed with videogames to start with (although I like this board enough that I hang out here during downtime at work), so it's not like it'll be that big a deal to us just to pass on a game for a few years. Like I posted elsewhere, I hadn't bought a NFL football game in like 4-5 years prior to this year, and I didn't even really notice. So while you might not be able to wait when next year's game comes out, a lot of us won't even really notice.

In addition to which, why would anyone take pleasure in seeing someone else cave in on a boycott? Keep in mind we're all a little emotional right now, so things people say might not be what they would say when they are more level-headed (i.e. months from now). But at least they're trying. Just because you may think people have no principles (or you may have no principles), doesn't mean there aren't people that actually believe in something enough to want to take a stand. Sure, it's just stupid videogames, but if you feel something's wrong, there's nothing bad or stupid about trying to do something about it. And even if you eventually cave, at least you gave it a shot, which is more than a lot of people. I realize we aren't talking about world hunger here, but if you can't stand for something small, are you going to stand for something larger?

I'm not saying other people should boycott/be angry or whatever; I'm just saying if someone wants to make a stand on their own, however ineffectual, it isn't stupid or naive. At the least, you have your own sense of pride. And if you eventually cave, I don't see how that should make other people happy/satsfied. "I told you so" is really not the most fulfilling feeling in the world, believe me...
Old 12-15-2004, 01:01 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

All of this anti EA talk over the "exclusive NFL license" just amazes me! The NFL allowed gaming companies to bid on the exclusive license and EA won. If not EA maybe SEGA, but...SOMEONE WOULD HAVE THE EXCLUSIVE LICENSE RIGHT NOW!

I completely agree that the competition between the two companies was exciting. It was fun to see what one company would do or add to trump the other guy. And in the end we got two great football games. But I am not going to assume that EA is just going to coast now that they have the license. They have to know that this deal puts them under an even bigger microscope then when they were competing with SEGA.

I know that many people are saying that they will boycott EA. Some of these people will stick with it and do just that. And to them I say good for you. I may not agree with you but I respect your standing up for your opinion. I personally am rather excited to see what EA will do with this opportunity. Will I and many others be disappointed? I guess we will find out. But I am not going to rush to judgement on a game that is months away from release.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:03 PM   #48
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
LOL,It's so easy to say that you're boycotting when the game is 8 months away from release...
No it's easy to say because i've always hated madden and this certainly doesn't change things.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »