Home

Both a Madden and ESPN NFL fan ...

This is a discussion on Both a Madden and ESPN NFL fan ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2004, 01:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Omerta's Arena

OVR: 5
Both a Madden and ESPN NFL fan ...

I am not sure if this is a good thing or not.

From a business perspective it is both good and bad.
GOOD ... if you are EA
BAD ... because as many others have stated and already know, competition is good, and now there will be none.

From a consumer standpoint ...
--I'm excited to see how much EA implements in its next Madden ... now that EA has the licenses for everything NFL.
--But at the same time, I am very, very disappointed to know there will be no more Sega / ESPN NFL games.

Though I love Madden (been playing the games since 92) ... I have enjoyed ESPN more the last couple of years.
I've been buying both games the last two years ... love & hate certain things in each game ... but find myself playing ESPN a lot more, and IMO feel it is a better game.

Over the last 2 to 3 years I have said, if EA and VC would team up ... I feel we could have the ultimate football game.

My only hope is EA does not rest on its lorals ... and EA will partner up with VC or hire VC's top developers.

Regardless ... anyone who thinks this will be overturned in the courts is kidding themselves.

Sorry for all you ESPN fans whom hate Madden and only play ESPN FB ... trust me, I feel your anger ... though I am a Madden fan, I have grown to love ESPN just as much.

PS4

XBox1

Madden 18, FIFA 18, NBA 2k19, SW Battlefront II, Forza 7

Last edited by Omerta; 12-14-2004 at 01:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2004, 02:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Both a Madden and ESPN NFL fan ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omerta

GOOD ... if you are EA
BAD ... because as many others have stated and already know, competition is good, and now there will be none.

--I'm excited to see how much EA implements in its next Madden ... now that EA has the licenses for everything NFL.
--But at the same time, I am very, very disappointed to know there will be no more Sega / ESPN NFL games.

Though I love Madden (been playing the games since 92) ... I have enjoyed ESPN more the last couple of years.
I've been buying both games the last two years ... love & hate certain things in each game ... but find myself playing ESPN a lot more, and IMO feel it is a better game.

Over the last 2 to 3 years I have said, if EA and VC would team up ... I feel we could have the ultimate football game.

My only hope is EA does not rest on its lorals ... and EA will partner up with VC or hire VC's top developers.

Regardless ... anyone who thinks this will be overturned in the courts is kidding themselves.

Sorry for all you ESPN fans whom hate Madden and only play ESPN FB ... trust me, I feel your anger ... though I am a Madden fan, I have grown to love ESPN just as much.
EA and sega yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:52 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

i got both too. love the graphics, stadiums, presentation,and passing physics as well as all the equipment in espn, and i love importing draft classes and maddens and franchise just blows espn's away.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:54 PM   #4
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

oh well too bad we aint livin in a dream world.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs down Re: Both a Madden and ESPN NFL fan ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omerta

GOOD ... if you are EA

If you hope that Madden does not rest on it's lorals, then why pay 60 mil a year!! For that jack, they could build a new engine, graphics and gamplay! Ea is about bottom lines. I am positive the game will be MORE expensive like the "classic" Madden and it will NOT have desired implovemens when they are 60 milllion in the red before they even start!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »