Home

Write your congressman

This is a discussion on Write your congressman within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2004, 02:07 AM   #9
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Write your congressman

Congressman to fellow congressman after receiving said letter: "Hey Bill, check out this letter I got from some idiot! He's sad because the National Football League's likeness can only be recreated in an interactive video game by a certain developer. That's not even the best part.....he actually thinks it's a monopoly!!!" Proceeds to feed letter into cross-cut paper shredder.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:09 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbly32
Congressman to fellow congressman after receiving said letter: "Hey Bill, check out this letter I got from some idiot! He's sad because the National Football League's likeness can only be recreated in an interactive video game by a certain developer. That's not even the best part.....he actually thinks it's a monopoly!!!" Proceeds to feed letter into cross-cut paper shredder.
You guys have no clue how it works... if your congressman get 100 letters for whatever reason all on the same thing they take notice and it doesn't matter what it is. One letter might go unnoticed and you'll get a nice shiny form letter saying thank you for your time. Multiply that by 10 and you might get a response. If every congressman in the country gets 10-50 letters about this, you probably won't see a congressional investigation but you might get a few looking into this. For the few of us that actually see what goes on the inside, Washington usually follows the money and the votes, when they think those two things are in jeopardy they will take notice.

Oh ya if you want really get their attention, make sure to emphasize your age demographic and that you are considering or reconsidering who you should vote for in '06.

And for the rest of you that think its trivial to write your congressman about this. Why not? No better way to get involved than to write your congressman about something you care about even if you thinks its trivial. I think it would be better than to just sit here and talk about in a forum that has 0% of doing anything. There might a .0001% chance that something happens atleast is better than nothing.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:22 AM   #11
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
You guys have no clue how it works... if your congressman get 100 letters for whatever reason all on the same thing they take notice and it doesn't matter what it is. One letter might go unnoticed and you'll get a nice shiny form letter saying thank you for your time. Multiply that by 10 and you might get a response. If every congressman in the country gets 10-50 letters about this, you probably won't see a congressional investigation but you might get a few looking into this. For the few of us that actually see what goes on the inside, Washington usually follows the money and the votes, when they think those two things are in jeopardy they will take notice.

Oh ya if you want really get their attention, make sure to emphasize your age demographic and that you are considering or reconsidering who you should vote for in '06.

And for the rest of you that think its trivial to write your congressman about this. Why not? No better way to get involved than to write your congressman about something you care about even if you thinks its trivial. I think it would be better than to just sit here and talk about in a forum that has 0% of doing anything. There might a .0001% chance that something happens atleast is better than nothing.
Ill be honest i dont care that much!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2004, 06:10 AM   #12
Rookie

pennsy's Arena

OVR: 2

I own a Gamecube and could care less. I also used to own a Dreamcast and was left hanging with a "Lame Duck" system. Again I repeat I could care less about SEGA!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »