Home

Madden 2006 Price. Vote now!

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Price. Vote now! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What will be the Price of Madden 2006?
$69.99 91 11.83%
$59.99 172 22.37%
$49.99 363 47.20%
$39.99 143 18.60%
Voters: 769. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2004, 06:35 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 2006 Price. Vote now!

Yes, but $300 million has to be covered somewhere, how can they get that many more sold units of Madden to compensate that. They will somehow get it back, a price increase seems logical.

I think they might be banking on having the big flagship title Madden alone will carry their sells in other products that stink like NHL and MM since this move will likely eliminate VC all together, ending their main competition in all sports.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:38 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

I'm guessing $49.99, since that's the current price at EB and Gamestop.

Old 12-15-2004, 06:44 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1726
Yes, but $300 million has to be covered somewhere, how can they get that many more sold units of Madden to compensate that. They will somehow get it back, a price increase seems logical.

I think they might be banking on having the big flagship title Madden alone will carry their sells in other products that stink like NHL and MM since this move will likely eliminate VC all together, ending their main competition in all sports.

They sell around 4 million copies a year even with competition. I'm sure its gonna be up in the years to follow. It's not like the EA copany can't stand the lose a few million in the nexct two to three years. THEY BANK a helluva lot of money and they took a risk and a big investment into what they are trying to accomplish, so to me, if they do raise the price, THEY WILL not get my money. they can stand to lose some shortterm and gain a lot longterm.

Then again, they really dont care about us consumers. lol So even when they undercut the competition and take a gamble, they still want to gain, gain, and gain some more money with consumer interest in the back of their minds.

Last edited by WallyHoppIII; 12-15-2004 at 06:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2004, 07:20 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

$49.99, $59.99 on next gen consoles.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:27 PM   #13
d*v*'s * k*ll*r!

ThatCanadianGuy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny
$49.99, $59.99 on next gen consoles.
Exactly what I think. The PS2/Xbox/GCN versions will be $50.

However, the Xenon Madden 06 will be $60. EA's got nothing stopping them from charging that much.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:42 PM   #14
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCanadianGuy
Exactly what I think. The PS2/Xbox/GCN versions will be $50.

However, the Xenon Madden 06 will be $60. EA's got nothing stopping them from charging that much.
The next generation console games with definitely see an increase in price. I think it's too far into the development cycle to do anything to warrant a price increase for M2006, but with it's new license agreement, EA could conceivably add new features like NFL Films clips and the like to jack the price to $64.99.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:05 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1726

$300m has to be covered somewhere? Says who? You DO realize they make a killing on every single game they sell, correct? You DO realize that even if they sold brand new at $20, they would still turn a hefty profit, right?

You DO realize that no other game, including those movie tie-ins with licenses that cost HUGE money and sell less than 1/10th of what Madden does, those all make money too, right?

EA paid $300m to ensure that their brand would remain premium for the next five years. If they sell more units, great. If not, no big deal. This isn't a cost that needs to be made up anywhere.

And they aren't going to raise the price on the game. They can't. It would be a PR nightmare. Nobody else sells their games for more than $50.

And to the other poster, no, games for XBox2 will not cost more than $50 either. $50 has been the base price for video games for two decades now. The only time games cost more was for the SNES, and those had much higher production costs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2004, 09:19 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

The $69.99 is silly. That would really put off casual gamers regardless if it was a next generation system or not. Can't see $59.99 sitting well with moms who walk into a store used to paying $50 for their kid's games every so often (since Madden doesn't exactly come out during the hoilday rush).
Where's the $54.99 option? This seems more reasonable than anything else since it is a price increase, but not such a steep one. Doom 3 did it, Half-Life 2 did it, so what would stop EA from jumping on the $5 'premium' increase to $54.99 bandwagon?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »