Home

Madden 2006 Price. Vote now!

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Price. Vote now! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What will be the Price of Madden 2006?
$69.99 91 11.83%
$59.99 172 22.37%
$49.99 363 47.20%
$39.99 143 18.60%
Voters: 769. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2004, 11:39 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 2006 Price. Vote now!

I honestly don't see Madden raising the price this year or for any of the current-gen consoles........ some people might see through the fact that Madden is trying to get them by the balls. Unless there's at least a handful of other 1st tier games that is more than $49.99 as well, then I don't see that happening. Besides, in my opinion, that would give them less excuses for dishing out another "roster update" and put it in a new package for $59.99....... personally, I would be turned off more than a tad if they pulled that stunt, and I know I'm not the only one with that mindset.....

I think they'd be putting the pressure on themselves putting Madden's price at anything more than $49.99...... they wouldn't be able to get away with as much because it's priced more than even HALO 2 and GTA San Andreas. If they put out some BS product and tried to sell it for more than it's worth, then I don't think they'd be maximizing their profit, personally. If they had a significant flaw in the game (i.e. Draft Class Flaws, Jesus-like DBs) and the game was priced higher, consumers would be much less forgiving, (note that I'm not saying just because ESPN NFL is 20 bucks, consumers will be extremely lenient, because that's not what I'm saying and that's not a true statement.)

I, like many people, play Madden because it's fun, not because I need a cyber-NFL fix......

When the new generation consoles come out, it ain't no secret that Madden will be up there in price....... but so will many of the other games, too. And I think that Madden 2006 will more likely than not be the last of any NEW features for the current generation consoles and Madden 2007 and on for the CGC will be simply roster updates, and they will NOT try and sell Madden 2009 for the PS2 for $60; that I can guarantee.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:34 PM   #58
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1726
Yes, but $300 million has to be covered somewhere, how can they get that many more sold units of Madden to compensate that. They will somehow get it back, a price increase seems logical.

I think they might be banking on having the big flagship title Madden alone will carry their sells in other products that stink like NHL and MM since this move will likely eliminate VC all together, ending their main competition in all sports.
The price will jump 60 bucks guys or 54.99 atleast, coz retailers do not buy the game for 49.99, they buy it for less, so to make up for the new added money owed to the NFL. But it could stay in the 49.99 range, coz EA has their grubby hands in many aspects of the world, so, we will see! I will pay 60 bucks no prob!
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 12-31-2004, 12:23 AM   #59
Rookie

BelfourThibault's Arena

OVR: 1

I think it will be $50 as well. As for making the licensing money that they're giving the NFL/PA, that will be made up by people who will have otherwise bought another game, but can't since Madden will be the only NFL game on the market.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:57 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It'll be $50 and like was mentioned above we may see another "special edition" of it for $59. I think alot of people are assuming that because EA dropped the price because of competition with ESPN that since there is no competition that the situation will apply in reverse and they will raise the price. However you guys are forgetting there will be competition in the form of other games such as Halo, GTA, and of course don't forget the other football games such as Konamis Playmakers so it's not like Madden is the only game people can/will buy so they can just charge what they want. It just doesn't work that way, look at Microsoft for an example, they have a stranglehold on the market for O/S' on the PC but you don't see them charging $1000 for a copy of XP. I think at worst if they do raise the price it'll be very small, perhaps to $54.99 is all and you'll still be able to find it on sale for $49.99 at stores so what is the big deal really?
Old 01-06-2005, 03:21 AM   #61
Rookie

Thread is too darn long for me to read the entire thing so I don't know if this has already been said, but I'm predicting $49.99 for the game itself and EA throwing something like a $10 charge at us to play online.

I don't think they'll go as far as taking away the ability to play exhibition games without paying, but I could see them shutting down the ranked game system or at the very least online leagues for non payers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2005, 04:27 PM   #62
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyD
Thread is too darn long for me to read the entire thing so I don't know if this has already been said, but I'm predicting $49.99 for the game itself and EA throwing something like a $10 charge at us to play online.

I don't think they'll go as far as taking away the ability to play exhibition games without paying, but I could see them shutting down the ranked game system or at the very least online leagues for non payers.
Hey Tricky, what's up? What are you doing way over here? Still need to play online one of these days.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:22 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't think EA would raise the price on Madden 06. Theyre the only game in town so they might as well keep it low this year so the ESPN fans would be more likely to buy it. I could see them charging a fee for online services though.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:45 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Hey Tricky, what's up? What are you doing way over here? Still need to play online one of these days.
I gave up the utopia job and now I'm a lurker everywhere

We definitely do have to get a game in though, I've just been to caught up in Halo 2 lately. Keep in touch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »