Home

IF EA WERE REALLY SMART.....

This is a discussion on IF EA WERE REALLY SMART..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2004, 12:57 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Angry IF EA WERE REALLY SMART.....

IF EA WERE REALLY SMART....

They would take this chance to just buy out the game engine, code, graphics, everything from Sega/VC that makes NFK2K and slap some Madden logos on it and be done with it. In my opinion (someone who buys both games every year and likes both for thier own different reasons..) I feel that NFL2K is the better game as far as presentation, graphics, sound, and animation goes. But we all know this is just wishful thinking on my part.... and this is why...

Think about it..because your average gamer is a "casual gamer" and to me casual and "clueless" go hand in hand in video games EA has always had a much larger market share when it comes to Madden vs. NFL2k. The casual (cluless) gamer buys Madden every year just because its Madden and its EA. So even before this deal, EA has the luxury of being lazy and just taking the game they made the year before, slapping some new gimmic onto it, updating the rosters and shipping it out to everyone. At least before we had a CHOICE. People had the chance to say "oh heck naw! not this year buddy! you wont get my 50 bucks for a recycled game!" now there is no choice. If EA was being lazy before, what do you think they are going to do now????? Its like if I was the only person who manufactured automobiles for the entire wolrd and I felt it was cheaper for me to paint them all pink instead of having a variety of diffrent color cars, different makes and models, I wouldnt have to do it. You all would take the pink car I give you, drive it, and like it. PERIOD. Thats whats going to happen with EA.

I dont care who stands up and says what while working for EA. They can call press conferences and make all of those fake phoney real question dodging statments. They same rehearsed "we at EA are striving to deliver the best product for the people..bla bla bla bla bla." They sound like freaking politicians. What pisses me off the most is that either they think we are that stupid or they just dont really care. Even with the NFL2k series I would still buy Madden every year because im THAT big of a football fan..but this now??? I really think I could just get roster updates for 2k5 next year and be happy while giving the finger to EA at the same time. This is just sickening. Period.

What the EA fanboys and the madden loyalists dont understand is they think EA has done something GREAT for them. But they havent. Since there is no competiion, EA is no longer forced to try to make even the EA loyalists a better product. In the end we ALL LOOSE. Me, you, the ESPN NFL fans, The Madden Fans, the consumers. No one wins but the NFL and EA and last time I checked I dont work for either one of them and I doubt anyone else on this board does either.

It makes me want to throw up. Literally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2004, 03:04 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: IF EA WERE REALLY SMART.....

I see very few Madden fans, even the hardcore ones, that are happy with this situation. Sure there are a few idiots running around here trolling but I suspect even half or more of those people doing so are just gloating because they think they've "won" the EA vs Sega war but they haven't really stopped to think about the entire situation. Also your arguement that EA just slaps a new roster update on Madden is one that would have been more valid prior to the release of Madden 2005 which was a monumental upgrade from Madden 2004.

As for your comments about the automobile industry, I don't believe your analogy is very accurate. A better analogy is if every year you bought a Corvette and then one year a German company bought out the Corvette model from Chevrolet and then announced the new Corvette would look completely different. You could still buy another car, nothings stopping you from doing that, but you could not however buy the Corvette model that you used to love and buy every year from Chevrolet. Same for the videogames, you can still buy football games based on pro ball, even Konami has already announced that new Playmakers game (which looks to be good btw), but you simply cannot buy the NFL game made by the company you want anymore.

I do agree with part of what you say, EA should pay Sega for some of the aspects of ESPN football, but I don't believe I necessarily agree with taking "everything" because there are "bad" things alot of people do not like in ESPN just as there is for Madden. However I think that this is a moot point because EA hasn't had any problem selling Madden even with tremendous competition so they will not be paying Sega for anything to do with previous ESPN games, save for perhaps the licensing agreement to use the ESPN name, logos and Berman to spice up the presentation (which Madden greatly needs).

All in all though I understand your frustration and where it's coming from, however I really find that alot of people are making alot of posts clouded by anger toward EA, something that was already there before and this situation has magnified immensely. EA has been #1 for a long time and they do have a rather arrogant presence. Alot of people do not like corporations that dominate, no matter what the field, and that breeds some of the animosity. Added to that is the fact that some people are just sick of Madden and hearing about Madden and how great it is on NFL pregame, from their friends, at the Best Buys in the world and etc. Then add to that is the fact that EA being a big company often has to make very unpopular business decisions as any other large corporation does.

It all adds up to some intense hatred toward the company, much of which I think is undeserved. Personally I liked Sega the company better than EA (although I preferred Madden the game over ESPN but bought both) but I also find myself defending EA quite a bit not because I love them so much or that I am a homer (something that people who defend EA often get called) but simply because it doesn't seem anyone else does defend them very often when people begin hurling rants at them or at least does so in an intelligent, rational way. No I don't work for EA or own any of their stock or whatever but I also believe that it's important that both sides of an arguement be presented and I really do tire of the "EA is the devil" rants I see on here.

I think the reason for that is that people need to really see that it's not as simple as EA being "evil" and Sega and other companies being "good", the bottom line is they are all business entities out to make profit. I'm sure if ESPN had stuck around and bested Madden and in the year 2012 ESPN was the huge "Goliath" football game that Madden is now that alot of people here raging against EA now would also find reasons to hate and tear down Sega. It's just the nature of the beast I guess.. but I wish people would see things in a little less black and white.

Last edited by ODogg; 12-18-2004 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:00 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

I dont see any madden fans wanting this, there is a reason why so many ppl buy/play madden: the look, the feel, the gameplay, etc. Why would EA change that?

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 12-18-2004, 09:38 AM   #4
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
I dont see any madden fans wanting this, there is a reason why so many ppl buy/play madden: the look, the feel, the gameplay, etc. Why would EA change that?

come on spin its been same ole same ole for too long a big change is needed in madden....its got potential,but something is still missing,i will still buy it cuz i love the NFL,but will still be playing espn 2k5 for the years when madden is still the same ole same ole.....hope they change..it will be the only "NFL LICENSED".. game in town
Old 12-18-2004, 10:09 AM   #5
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghm125
come on spin its been same ole same ole for too long a big change is needed in madden....its got potential,but something is still missing,i will still buy it cuz i love the NFL,but will still be playing espn 2k5 for the years when madden is still the same ole same ole.....hope they change..it will be the only "NFL LICENSED".. game in town
Oh wow youll be playing 2k3 for years huh? Yeah right i could only stand it for 2 days and i had to get rid of that game

Twas a great move on ea's part, i really dont like but thats life

2k's engine is FAR from peferct and if maddens engine didnt use proper physics they could divert more power to making the picture prettier like VC does but then again they dont have to worry about that now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2004, 10:13 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

I believe most madden fans know they wil not see a big graphic update till the next gen...but the game is still loved. Also alot of madden gamers simply do not like the look of espn. The graphics need an upgrade..yes...but does it have to look like espn....no.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:15 AM   #7
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah somewhat but next gen is next year.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:16 AM   #8
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Oh wow youll be playing 2k3 for years huh? Yeah right i could only stand it for 2 days and i had to get rid of that game

Twas a great move on ea's part, i really dont like but thats life

2k's engine is FAR from peferct and if maddens engine didnt use proper physics they could divert more power to making the picture prettier like VC does but then again they dont have to worry about that now.

hey too each his own,i like em both i was saying that madden needs some work,its close,but to buy the rights so there in NO competition.is flat out weak...very weak....sorry u dont like 2k3...but i was refering to 2k5.and yes if madden is stays like it has...i will be playing more of 2k5 than madden,i will still buy it for online play cuz i love the NFL...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »