Home

The best ESPN Football 2K6 Coverboy... John Madden

This is a discussion on The best ESPN Football 2K6 Coverboy... John Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2004, 10:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The best ESPN Football 2K6 Coverboy... John Madden

Seeing that Sega has lost its license for a NFL game and that they are prohibited to use players and their likenesses this means that great thought must be put into creation of an image for the gamecover to attract buyers. Gone is T.O., Randy Moss, Urlacher and Sapp. No Peyton Manning, Micheal Vick or Big Ben? What will Sega they do?

As mention often before, should Madden be dropped by EA I do think that he should be brought into the fold and be the coverboy for the new ESPN Football 2K6 game. ESPN Madden Football 2K6. Co-brand the game with ESPN and Madden. This strategy alone will get the attention of buyers. Most parents buy what they know and I am certain that they would pick up the game based on the Madden name alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2004, 10:56 AM   #2
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The best ESPN Football 2K6 Coverboy... John Madden

do you think madden would lend his name out to a company who will make a football game thats not associated with the nfl
Thats just a question not a sarcastic remark
Old 12-22-2004, 11:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Money is money. I think if the Sega game was credible John Madden might just do that. He would still have the visibility and he appears on ESPN Sunday night football from time to time. It actually might work best for ABC/Disney as they own both ABC Monday Night Football and ESPN the network.

Actually, Sega might even give him a lot more input as to how he thinks that the gameplay should be engineered and the types of plays found in the game.

Once again, money is money. Money talks.

Last edited by tranqman; 12-22-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Its been mentioned in other posts as well, but EA would never let him go to make money off of his name on another game, especially because it would be credibility that they built. I am sure he has some contract language prohibiting it even when his deal with EA ends.

PhilC
Old 12-22-2004, 11:25 AM   #5
Rookie

It would be interesting to see if he has a no-compete clause in his contract. I am certain that EA would have to pay him a large lump sum to go away for a long vacation from the videogame market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #6
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I know I can only speak for myself , but I find it hard to believe 75% you could and would enjoy a Football for too long without The NFL License. You could say all you want right know that it won't bother you, just trust me it will and it will get old fast. A Supose NFL football game without no NFL license = a no buy for me at all.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 12-22-2004, 11:48 AM   #7
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranqman
Seeing that Sega has lost its license for a NFL game and that they are prohibited to use players and their likenesses this means that great thought must be put into creation of an image for the gamecover to attract buyers. Gone is T.O., Randy Moss, Urlacher and Sapp. No Peyton Manning, Micheal Vick or Big Ben? What will Sega they do?

As mention often before, should Madden be dropped by EA I do think that he should be brought into the fold and be the coverboy for the new ESPN Football 2K6 game. ESPN Madden Football 2K6. Co-brand the game with ESPN and Madden. This strategy alone will get the attention of buyers. Most parents buy what they know and I am certain that they would pick up the game based on the Madden name alone.
In all honestly do you really think even if you put Fat Man on the cover people would flock to ESPN, I think not. That would mean you would have to hear Madden lame voice all over again, I'll pass. Plus the last time I checked many people were happy that EA may finally free themselves from the most boaring Man in sports videogame history - Madden. I think the smart thing would to aviod him at all cost's.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 12-22-2004, 11:52 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I know I can only speak for myself , but I find it hard to believe 75% you could and would enjoy a Football for too long without The NFL License. You could say all you want right know that it won't bother you, just trust me it will and it will get old fast. A Supose NFL football game without no NFL license = a no buy for me at all.
Give it a week or two. The community is large and active enough that someone would come out with updates that would patch everything into shape.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »