Home

The joke is on EA...

This is a discussion on The joke is on EA... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2004, 02:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
The joke is on EA...

They paid more then the NFL would have gotten from both EA and Sega combined on a year to year contract. What I mean to say is that the NFL was wise to lock up the deal with EA because Sega would not be willing to fork out anything close to what EA paid. Hope you get my point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2004, 02:15 PM   #2
MVP

Lester206's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The joke is on EA...

EA payed a lot of money to the NFL, but eventually that money will go back to them plus more when people go out and look for a NFL football game and madden is their only choice
Old 12-24-2004, 02:47 PM   #3
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm sure EA feels they got the great deal also. Thats how deals work. Each party feels they got something they really wanted. Whether or not this truly is good for EA remains to be seen.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:35 PM   #4
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Actually, Ea could have bought VC for that price. I guess there not know for there intelligance
Old 12-24-2004, 08:10 PM   #5
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I'd rather have exclusive rights to the NFL than own VC. Buying VC gets rid of competition, but doesn't eliminate it. EA buys VC, then Tecmo makes a comeback. By having the rights, you keep a new game from hurting you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2004, 11:05 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
I'd rather have exclusive rights to the NFL than own VC. Buying VC gets rid of competition, but doesn't eliminate it. EA buys VC, then Tecmo makes a comeback. By having the rights, you keep a new game from hurting you.
Agreed, from the perspective of the company doing the buying, this is a great move, but is sucks for gamers.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:37 AM   #7
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
Agreed, from the perspective of the company doing the buying, this is a great move, but it sucks for gamers.
And there's the rub. EA has shown once and for all that they don't give a s@#! about gamers. The first rule of business is that the customer is always right. EA has forgotten that rule, and it WILL hurt them in the long run. To put it another way....EA has won the battle, but they have'nt won the war.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:35 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

EA will only benefit from the deal, all those who say "EA will lose the war" or "EA wont get my money" is kidding themselves.

You all will buy Madden next year....this coming from someone who thinks ESPN is the better game this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »