Home

What Kind of Pass Coverage should I use

This is a discussion on What Kind of Pass Coverage should I use within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2004, 02:01 PM   #1
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Question What Kind of Pass Coverage should I use

Hey all you Madden Coaches I have a big game coming up. My Cowboys are playing the Phildelphia Eagles, the Eagles are currently in 1st place with a 9-2 record and we are in third with a record of 7-5, Both my starting cornerbacks are out, the corners that are replacing them are in the 60's and 70's overall I was think of playing cover 2 with loose coverage. I do not want to expose neither to single coverage, I know that I also have to watch out for Donovan McNabb running I need this win to stay in pace for a possible wild card spot.
what would you guys do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What Kind of Pass Coverage should I use

Seriously? Pray.

Do you have a good DL and LBs? IIRC the Cowboys use primarily a 4-3, so I would try rushing the 4 DLs and MLB every play, putting the two OLBs into zone to protect the middle of the field, or out in flats.

Or you could just run dime and quarter and hope to hell they don't run all over you.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:27 PM   #3
Pro

crob8822's Arena

That sound good but with the LB in the flats and your MLB rushing the passer Donovan McNabb will have lanes to run through, What I will do is play cover 2 that way my LB's could keep an eye on their QB, I will try to run the ball on offense and try to use up the clock. I will loosen my corners so that nothing will get past them and make the Eagles drive down the field. I feel that field position is key I will give you guys the results when the game is played.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

The only thing I worry about there is that you'll have little pressure on the QB unless you're using particularly forgiving AI sliders.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:54 PM   #5
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

If i was you i would go with some type of zone blitz but i blitz every play regardless i feel i'm prety good especially against the computer so blitz the more pressure on the QB the better coverage you will play atleast thats my approach
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2004, 11:10 PM   #6
Pro

crob8822's Arena

Unhappy Re: What Kind of Pass Coverage should I use

Well I play the Game and the results were as expected Philadelphia 44 Dallas 7
I tell you that I could not stop them both on the ground and in the air.
I tried to zone blitz as one person advised and Mc Nabb just step in the pocket and hit Irv Smith in stride for 25 yards. I played the cover 2 zone and they just marched up and down the field. My young cornerbacks were over match with such low tak and awr the could not bring owens down woodson and Williams led in tackles. offensively philly defense held Julius Jones to 57 yard rushing on 22 attempts here is the line score, thanks for helping I just learned that you need depth in order to compete what is worse I've lost Larry Allen for the rest of the season.

Cowboys 0 7 0 0 7
Eagles 9 14 14 7 44
1 2 3 4 T

Phil Akers 50 yard field goal
Phil Akers 29 yard field goal
Phil Akers 45 Yard field goal
Phil 1 yard pass McNabb to Ritchie Akers kick
Phil 91 Yard Int return Nate Wayne Akers Kick
Dal 62 Yard Int return Bradie James Cundiff kick
Phil 5 yard pass McNabb to Pinkston Akers Kick
Phil 4 yard run Levens Akers Kick
Phil 40 Yard run Westbrooks Akers Kick

NFC East Standing

Philadelphia 10-3-0
Washington 8-5-0
Dallas 7-6-0
NY Giants 5-8-0

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »