Home

Old 01-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden DS

Any clues on what we can expect in Madden 2006 DS?

The graphics HAVE to improve. I at least want to see a football, not a 4 pixel brown blob . The graphics can be improved. Midway did great things with NFL blitz on the n64.

I think the gameplay needs to be a little slower. It is hard to keep up with the action on the small screen. I know this is a big problem with handheld sport games.

And please, we need a franchise mode!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2005, 10:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden DS

It was ok for a first year title, but if EA makes Madden for the PSP I'll be all over that. It's graphics are closer to today's consoles more than anything (look at NFL Street and MVP for it), so I think that'll give it a definite leg up. But yeah, graphics have got to get better.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
BARRY! BARRY! BARRY!

Tha Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 11

WOW...i didnt even know they came out with a Madden on the DS. Once i saw that they did i went to Gamespot.com to check it out and WHOA does it look horrible...im sorry but i think it needs a MAJOR graphics make over cuz that looks horrible...save it for the PSP...it SHOULD be better.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:30 AM   #4
Rookie

I wasn't going to get a PSP, but if this is what I can expect out of the DS I may have to jump ship. I've been gaming without a touch screen for so long, I doubt I'll miss it. The only thing I use the TS for is the play calling. Very nice for calling a quick audible, but other than that it doesn't bring very much to the game.

The madden series is a big deal, especially with the monopoly EA has over the NFL gaming market now. Since I play and enjoy sport games more than Mario I am starting to think I made the wrong choice. I'm already annoyed about the lack of games available.

I did read an interview somewhere with an EA developer stating that they used Madden 64 as the base of this game. It feels like it was very rushed, so maybe we have a lot to look forward to in 2006.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
Rookie

After giving this game a second chance I have completely changed my opinion on it.

This is a great game with a few minor flaws.

The gameplay speed is perfect, just takes a few games to get used too. Running is almost to easy though, and passing is a little too hard.

I still hope for a franchise mode in 06. Better graphics would be nice, but they don't annoy me anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2005, 07:57 PM   #6
Rookie

The DS is far behind technologically in comparison to the PSP. Whereas PSP is relatively close to PS2 in terms of technology, DS is around the range of PSOne to N64. That is a HUGE difference
Old 01-18-2005, 11:40 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ililililil
The DS is far behind technologically in comparison to the PSP. Whereas PSP is relatively close to PS2 in terms of technology, DS is around the range of PSOne to N64. That is a HUGE difference
The graphics chip in the DS is supposed to be better than the n64 (96 bit).

What kills it's graphics is the lack of hardware anti-aliasing support, which the PSP has.

I think Nintendo is out to prove that gameplay/portability > graphics in the handheld market. I think they picked a VERY bad time to try to prove this.

The PSP is going to sell very well when it is released in the US. This isn't the game gear revisited. Sony has really done their homework in deciding what is important to today's gamer.

The DS is still a nice little system. I don't think we have been close to pushing this little guy to it's limits yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »