Home

Anti-Trust lawsuits aganist EA should be looming soon.

This is a discussion on Anti-Trust lawsuits aganist EA should be looming soon. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Anti-Trust lawsuits aganist EA should be looming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
But that's where you're missing his point I think. A product is a product not a market. The NFL/NFLPA is a product, that can be licensed to exclusivity, not a market. The football videogame genre is a market.
Well, it could be. I love all these conclusory statements. As if the law is a machine into which you put a formula and it spits out an exact answer.

You're mixing apples and oranges---there's the determination of the market (implicating, here, the type of game/genre at issue), and there is the alleged anti-competitive conduct (here, implicating EA's purchase of the exclusive NFL and NFLPA licenses). Two separate things.

And, if a court determined it to be the relevant market, and determined that the exclusive license constituted anti-competitive conduct within that market (a determination possible, though unlikely, under antitrust authority), then a plaintiff could win. The odds of this happening are probably astronomical, but I'm not arguing the merits of the case. I am simply pointing out what is correct antitrust law.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #26
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
And, if a court determined it to be the relevant market, and determined that the exclusive license constituted anti-competitive conduct within that market (a determination possible, though unlikely, under antitrust authority), then a plaintiff could win. The odds of this happening are probably astronomical, but I'm not arguing the merits of the case. I am simply pointing out what is correct antitrust law.
So - the point you are trying to make here is that I was incorect in saying that "sports gaming" wouldn't be considered a market? That, instead, I should have said that "sports gaming" probably wouldn't be considered a market?

OK. Point taken, then. Glad you want out of your way to point that out.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:41 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
So - the point you are trying to make here is that I was incorect in saying that "sports gaming" wouldn't be considered a market? That, instead, I should have said that "sports gaming" probably wouldn't be considered a market?

OK. Point taken, then. Glad you want out of your way to point that out.
Yes, that is what I was saying. And I would have been able to say it in one easy post had you not been so stubborn.

By the way, I like the technique---lose an argument, then belittle the point the other person made. Good work.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:44 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

This whole darn post is now moot.take 2 most likley will take the NBA Sim and MLB now.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:49 PM   #29
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Yes, that is what I was saying. And I would have been able to say it in one easy post had you not been so stubborn.
Not sure how my "stubborn" qualities affect your ability to post coherently, but I guess that's your problem.

Quote:
By the way, I like the technique---lose an argument, then belittle the point the other person made. Good work.
Thanks! Next I'll try attacking one tiny grey area in a post just because I don't like the poster! I'll go out of my way to draw a fine semantic distinction in a post just to get a shot in!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »