Home

ESPN guy has questions about Madden

This is a discussion on ESPN guy has questions about Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2005, 12:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
ESPN guy has questions about Madden

I am a hardcore ESPN guy, but I am dabbling in Madden right now. I have a few questions I'd like answered to see if Madden mirrors ESPN in some online features.

1. Can you hot audible a player into man-to-man coverage if the rest of the team is in zone? I mean, at the line of scrimmage, can I do something to make my corner play man on a specific WR and everyone else plays zone? You can do this in ESPN.

2. Can you change your WR's hot routes for online play? I know you can offline.

3. Is there a max passing mode or does the computer control the pass once you hit the button? Can you lead the WR or throw to the outside or inside?

4. How the heck can you hot block on a running play? Does this work?

Please advise...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2005, 12:09 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: ESPN guy has questions about Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
I am a hardcore ESPN guy, but I am dabbling in Madden right now. I have a few questions I'd like answered to see if Madden mirrors ESPN in some online features.

1. Can you hot audible a player into man-to-man coverage if the rest of the team is in zone? I mean, at the line of scrimmage, can I do something to make my corner play man on a specific WR and everyone else plays zone? You can do this in ESPN.
Yes you can do this, it's in the defensive pre-snap audible adjustments (see your manual for this one as I don't recall this off the top of my head)

Quote:
2. Can you change your WR's hot routes for online play? I know you can offline.
Yes you can hot route your WR when you play online. If you mean change the hot routes themselves I believe you can but it must be done in your profile before you begin the game.

Quote:
3. Is there a max passing mode or does the computer control the pass once you hit the button? Can you lead the WR or throw to the outside or inside?
Yes you can, how you are pressing the joystick when you throw is going to determine where it's thrown. For example if you are throwing deep to the WR on the left and you press up and left really hard when you throw the QB will throw toward that sideline and lead him. Try this in practice mode, if you really press hard up it may lead your WR way too far for example, so you need to learn "touch" on your throw and how to place the ball.

Quote:
4. How the heck can you hot block on a running play? Does this work?
Well on PS2 it is press hot route (triangle), the person you want to hot block (like X for your RB), then press R2 and he will adjust so instead of running a route he will hot block. However in some cases you can't audible someone to hot block for instance on a play action pass you obviously could not tell your RB to hot block.

Hope this helps..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »