Home

Old 01-27-2005, 04:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Challenges

Does anyone find that even with the instant replay challenge, the ref still gets it wrong. On many passing plays, the second foot is clearly out of bounds, and they often call it in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2005, 05:10 PM   #2
Rookie

Cianfrocco's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Challenges

Yeah, I've seen it a few times, but just the fact that the challenge option is in the game is cool for me. You have to remember that we can rotate and zoom a camera to get a perfect angle for what we are looking for. In real life they have maybe two or three angles that show a decent image on a replay, but still not perfect. So often times it comes down to a judgement call. In the game, I gess you could say some of this human element is part of it.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:12 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Yea, I had this happen to me yesterday. I was almost positive he never had a foot inbounds so I used my second challenge. Replays that they showed during the challenge showed that neither of his feet were inbounds, but they still didn't overturn. Then in the 4th quarter when my returner was down, but they called a fumble, I had no way to overturn it... and I lost
Old 01-30-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Yeah the Madden Challenges suck but it is always good to include it in a football game. ESPN has them beat hands down in the department, many many more challenge options to pick from when you want to throw the red flag.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:30 PM   #5
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

yes madden definenatly needs a challenge system something similar to espn's where you choose what you want to challenge on the play.

One time a defender knocked the ball out of my qb's hands while he was passing and they called it a fumble, i challenged and they reviewed whether his knee was down and not the ball going forward...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2005, 03:04 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL2007
yes madden definenatly needs a challenge system something similar to espn's where you choose what you want to challenge on the play.

One time a defender knocked the ball out of my qb's hands while he was passing and they called it a fumble, i challenged and they reviewed whether his knee was down and not the ball going forward...
:y4: :y4: That's what I meant. So long ESPN football I hope Madden steals some of your goodies.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan2162
Does anyone find that even with the instant replay challenge, the ref still gets it wrong. On many passing plays, the second foot is clearly out of bounds, and they often call it in.
While Madden's challenge system is DEEPLY flawed, that play was called correct. If a receiver is knocked out of bounds before he can land on the field, it's ruled a catch.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:54 PM   #8
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

what bothers me is many times within the 2 minutes at the end of the half or game, when there is a fumble that should be reversed or a catch the booth does not review it. anyone else have this problem?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »