Home

With all the Beef EA is getting you can bank that 2006 would be awesome

This is a discussion on With all the Beef EA is getting you can bank that 2006 would be awesome within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2005, 09:21 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: With all the Beef EA is getting you can bank that 2006 would be awesome

I hate EA and Madden and all of this was about market share. I can understand EA wanting a large share of the football market but since they couldn't program their way to their goal EA figured they had to just buy the license to achieve it. EA didn't like the fact VC/Take2 lowered their prices to get their games into EA sports fans hands either. All the advertising in the world couldn't beat the $20 price tag all the ESPN games have. EA saying that VC/Take2 games wouldn't be any good at $20 didn't work either. EA underestimated how cheap gamers really are. I hate Madden but would buy it at $20. EA bought the NFL rights to keep their price for Madden at $50. VC develops their games with 1/3 the people EA use and don't have as many mouths to feed so EA has to do what it can to keep their price point at $50. EA knew it couldn't win because if both games were at $20 people would still buy both and soon after dislike Madden because after all these years would be considered stale.

The people who like Madden thought this was a smart move by EA but its starting to look like a dumb one. EA may have NFL football but VC can still make a college football game with licensed teams. Now EA can't make MLB games after this season. So the only people who are going to lose out are MVP fans. VC goes college and don't have to worry about making a generic footballl game but MVP will have to go generic :y4:
Old 01-29-2005, 09:45 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Be preparied to see Madden 06 on current gen systems to look very similar to the last 4 years of madden. Its not like EAsports is gonna trash it all and rework the entire engine for 2006. Its gonna be more of the same....the next big change will come when Madden hits the new systems.

So just dont get your hopes up...you all know the EA routine by now.
Thank you for pointing that out for all the people in the cheap seats.

Even having to make games for the Next Generation of consoles don't guarantee that EA/Tiburon will make a new engine. If you think about it EA wants to keep the gameplay somewhat similar to try and keep their fan base. VC still uses the engine they had on the Dreamcast for NFL2k but they re-write parts of it to change things for the better. Sure NFL2K and 2K5 play different but underneath its still the same Dreamcast 2K engine. EA on the other hand are either too scared to go that route or don't care.

I was gonna give Madden another try on the next generation of consoles but since they bought the NFL license they can forget about that.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:09 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ninja
With all the haters out there calling EA out their motivated to make a brilliant game and that is what i expect from them being a loyal Madden player for a long time. Kepp complaining everybody...it just putting gas in the fire for EA to come out with a even better game.
Not really. How many haters are there? Being generous, maybe tens of thousands on the internet? That's probably even stretching it. How much do those people matter to EA/Tiburon when there's well over 5 million people purchasing the game each year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2005, 06:11 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
What 2006 will be we can only guess. We can make a theoretical claim though since the game was already in development before the 2004 calender year was over, if they do not have the new engine ready then 2007 would most likely be the turnaround.
All they are going to do is add some ESPN stuff in it and call it a day. Oh yeah, they just added "create your momma mode" so you can do commercials like McNabb and Momma! Real innovative! I got my $50 in savings account just for that!

Just kiddin'...I'm not hating on Walmart (I mean EA) I'll be forced to buy the 2006 roster update and hope for them to bless us in 2007's version (calendar year 2006) with the XBOX 2 version....
Old 01-30-2005, 02:52 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Hmm, I wonder if EA should have just let TT/VC, Sony, MS or some other gaming company win the bid for exclusive rights.

I find it so damn hypocritical what some people say. ESPN NFL 2K5 is, for the most part, the same as 2K4 with a few tweaks, etc. That's exactly what everyone seems to bitch about with Madden. For the record, Madden NFL 2005 is greatly improved from 2004.

Quote:
VC still uses the engine they had on the Dreamcast for NFL2k but they re-write parts of it to change things for the better. Sure NFL2K and 2K5 play different but underneath its still the same Dreamcast 2K engine. EA on the other hand are either too scared to go that route or don't care.
Please expand on the above quote because somewhere in there you lost me.

I'm not happy one way or the other about all this exclusivity, no matter who got it. But for the record, the NFL started taking bids and a company with the capability to outbid everyone else would be stupid not to.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM   #14
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
ESPN NFL 2K5 is, for the most part, the same as 2K4 with a few tweaks, etc.
Lmao, you are completely wrong. And you really don't know how the nfl conducted it's search for their partner.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 01-30-2005, 09:32 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm completely wrong? Other than a little toned down running game (and I do mean little) what is soooo completely different? I mean yeah. Sure iit has improved some, but what is sooooo completely different between the two titles? The DB AI? There's a laugher for you. Please explain this for me.

I'll say this right here right now. ESPN NFL 2K5 is no more different on the field from ESPN NFL 2K4 then Madden NFL 2005 is from 2004.

I'll even go so far as to say that Madden improved more on the field then ESPN did.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing both games but fans of ESPN for whatever reason think "their" game is completely revamped every year while Madden is the same game as 2001 with updated rosters.

Talk about your typical fanboys.

Quote:
And you really don't know how the nfl conducted it's search for their partner.
First of all, I'm not your partner. 2nd of all, I'd imagine that they went to the company they felt could have been the best for their interests. I'm sure that there was some "formal bidding" process that was nothing more than for show while EA had it wrapped up all along.

Or are you talking about how EA has approached the NFL in years past trying to secure this deal. The NFL really couldn't accept the offer because, at the time, they were currently under contract with several companies. You know, VC, Sony, MS and the like.

Once those contracts ended I'm sure they said to EA Sports; "Lets sit down and discuss that exclusive deal you had mentioned before. What you have in mind???"

I'm not positive, but I probably have a better idea than a lot of people around here who talk out there ***.

Last edited by PRBoomdelete; 01-30-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2005, 11:58 AM   #16
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoom
I'm completely wrong? Other than a little toned down running game (and I do mean little) what is soooo completely different? I mean yeah. Sure iit has improved some, but what is sooooo completely different between the two titles? The DB AI? There's a laugher for you. Please explain this for me.

I'll say this right here right now. ESPN NFL 2K5 is no more different on the field from ESPN NFL 2K4 then Madden NFL 2005 is from 2004.

I'll even go so far as to say that Madden improved more on the field then ESPN did.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing both games but fans of ESPN for whatever reason think "their" game is completely revamped every year while Madden is the same game as 2001 with updated rosters.

Talk about your typical fanboys.

First of all, I'm not your partner. 2nd of all, I'd imagine that they went to the company they felt could have been the best for their interests. I'm sure that there was some "formal bidding" process that was nothing more than for show while EA had it wrapped up all along.

Or are you talking about how EA has approached the NFL in years past trying to secure this deal. The NFL really couldn't accept the offer because, at the time, they were currently under contract with several companies. You know, VC, Sony, MS and the like.

Once those contracts ended I'm sure they said to EA Sports; "Lets sit down and discuss that exclusive deal you had mentioned before. What you have in mind???"

I'm not positive, but I probably have a better idea than a lot of people around here who talk out there ***.
Play espn nfl 2k4 and play 2k5, it's completely different. The running game is much harder, the oline play is better, it's harder to get sacks, the graphics are way better, the presentation is some of the best ever seen in a sports game, etc etc. I'm not going to argue about you with this cause it has nothing to do with the topic but just know that you are wrong.
Quote:
First of all, I'm not your partner.
What the hell are you talking about? I never said that you were my partner, do you know how to read correctly? This is what I said:
Quote:
And you really don't know how the nfl conducted it's search for their partner.
Where am I saying that I am your "partner"? You don't know how the nfl conducted their bidding, you don't even know if that's true. They were not under contract with any companies. All the companies bought the licenses every year just like always.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »