Home

Madden renamed ESPN NFL in 2007

This is a discussion on Madden renamed ESPN NFL in 2007 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2005, 12:22 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden renamed ESPN NFL in 2007

I don't buy this story at all. EA when asked directly about this they said the name of the game would remain as Madden. Maybe something like "Featuring ESPN" on the cover, but they did not want to lose a brand they spent over 15 years building.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:49 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz
I don't buy this story at all. EA when asked directly about this they said the name of the game would remain as Madden. Maybe something like "Featuring ESPN" on the cover, but they did not want to lose a brand they spent over 15 years building.
I totally agree, it would be stupid IMO to drop Madden from the name.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:37 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hope this goes through. I loved the 2k series on Dreamcast. And have always loved the presentation on Sega's series. Can't wait to see what happens.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:30 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duh Professuh
I hope this goes through. I loved the 2k series on Dreamcast. And have always loved the presentation on Sega's series. Can't wait to see what happens.
Uhh it already has
Old 02-12-2005, 09:25 AM   #21
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by longball
I don't care who you have as your announcing team, if there is only one crew it will get old and repetitive. What they need to do is have multiple crews in the game, the new systems should be able to support this. Maybe we could have Madden and Michaels do the monday night games during franchise and the ESPN crew for sunday games or something like that, they just need to make it so that everygame doesn't feel the same.
This is a wish I have had for years, and now with the exclusive deal, it could be a possiblility. Let the AFC games go to Nantz and Simms, Fox with just Buck and Aikman, Sunday night with just Mike Patrick, and Monday night with Michaels and Madden. Just my preference but I do not care one bit for Thiesmann, Collinsworth, and McGuire. You could use those 3 to do European games. If you really wanted to get fancy, during the intro to whatever game you are playing, the buildup can be done by the studio crews of Fox, CBS, and ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2005, 09:28 AM   #22
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
TT wouldnt get Madden. First of all part of the reason why EA dumped him was because he was asking for more money. TT isnt gonna waste thier money on John Maddens old Ace Hardware selling butt. Especially when I honestly feel TT is not going to be putting out any kind of football game for this season anyways.

Second, Madden is not going to put his name behind a non-NFL game. He's an NFL Icon...wtf makes you think hed do something stupid like that???

To be honest EA has made enough of a name for itself in football games that it really doesnt need Madden anymore. Especially after getting the NFL license. I woulndt pay John Madden more money when its not going to help increase sales of the game. EA's sales are gonna go through the roof for the simple fact they are the ONLY nfl game in town now.

Look at it like this.... EA will have all of its madden 2005 fans back to buy 2006 (so that stays the same).

EA will get some of the NFL2k loyalists. Not all but some of them are gonna buy madden 2006 cuz they wont be able to sit around without having an NFL game to play this season. so thats just EXTRA sales they might not have gotten if they hadnt booted everyone else out of the NFL game business.

Then of course factor in the casual gamers who are just bying a system this year. some will pick up madden. Then some people who never really got into football games that will want one this year will pick up Madden.

EA's sales are gonna increase with or without Madden. So why pay him? Cut out the middle man so I (if I was an EA exectuive) can get a larger bonus this christmas!

Of course you are right, but I think you missed the ironic sarcasm the person was using.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:11 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelinmi
I think it's fair to expect that once the PS3 and Xbox 2 are both on the market you might see a revolutionary change in the game and engine. But if the Xbox 2 comes out this fall as rumored, and the PS3 is on hold until next year, then I'd expect the this year's Xbox 2 version to simply be the same game (as the Xbox, PS2, GCN versions this year) with drastically upgraded textures and models.

And I WHOLEHEARTEDLY second the nomination of the ESPN Sunday Night Football crew to do the commentary. Mike Patrick and the boys are wonderful in real life, and couldn't POSSIBLY be any worse than Madden is in-game or out.

The Sunday Night football crew is the worst crew on any Network, hands down. Unless you like incessant jock riding and knob polishing.

I want to hang myself every time i watch a Sunday Night game.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
The Sunday Night football crew is the worst crew on any Network, hands down. Unless you like incessant jock riding and knob polishing.

I want to hang myself every time i watch a Sunday Night game.
I think the Sunday night football crew is the best. Not only do they seem the most knowledgeable but they also seem to really speak their minds and not be PC like if a ref does a stupid call they point out, things like that usually other crews make excuses cuz they seem to want to suckup to the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »