Home

Old 02-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #17
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: xbox 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Two of those articles I had read already, and like you, I dont know who to believe. If their goal is backwards compatibility, and they cant get that working yet, then that may slow it down. If I had to bet money, I would be on the side of a December release, but it also wouldnt surprise me if they did a Spring '06 release, which I am hearing would still beat Sony to retail. My only hope is that the hardware is indeed a big step up, that one of the versions they release hits the 299.00 price point, and that they offer a good variety of titles at launch.
The price will determine if I get one at launch, also if they're going to make another version of the xbox2 after the release that allows you to play pc games too, then I will wait and get it.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:38 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
MS said when they launch they're next console, they would have at least 15-20 titles at launch. Man Microsoft will have the best launch lineup ever.
For a name like yours, your grammar skills are anything but. Here is how that reads: MS said when they launch THEY ARE next console..... Please learn the difference between they're , their, there. There is also a difference between to, too, and two.
And while that certainly is a good launch lineup, how could you say it is the best launch ever? Chances are when Super Nintendo, Genisis, n64, PS etc. launched people at the time thought those were the best launches ever too.
It may not be you per say, but why do people insist on speculating and just making time up about realeases, it will be here when MS says it will be here. Have a nice day.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:03 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
For a game that EA normally puts out in august..will they wait till october to do this? What if MS delays (which is not to far fetched).EA takes a loss.They will not want this to happen.This game is a cash cow to them.
Because, between the 3 systems(the current ones) and the new ones, there will be plenty of units shipping for the system. They did it with the Daunte Culpepper year, so dont know why they would screw people out of the game now.

Theyre still making money anyhow, because im sure some people will buy both Xbox versions.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:05 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
For a name like yours, your grammar skills are anything but. Here is how that reads: MS said when they launch THEY ARE next console..... Please learn the difference between they're , their, there. There is also a difference between to, too, and two.
And while that certainly is a good launch lineup, how could you say it is the best launch ever? Chances are when Super Nintendo, Genisis, n64, PS etc. launched people at the time thought those were the best launches ever too.
It may not be you per say, but why do people insist on speculating and just making time up about realeases, it will be here when MS says it will be here. Have a nice day.
Dont be such a dick.

"And while", who starts a sentence off with the word "and"?
No comma after the period in etc? Is launched the first word of a new sentence?
"but why do people insist on speculating and just making time up about realeases,". The syntax hurts my brain.
You either need a but before it in the last sentence(which still gives the sentence no structure), or you need to capitalize the I in it(which makes BOTH sentences fragments.

Have a neice day, and do'nt critcicize somoens grammer unleess you make prefect engislh?

Last edited by BigTim; 02-21-2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:28 AM   #21
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

I cant tell you for a fact the Snes/SegaG launches were Terrible they only had about 3-5 games for each system

Mario-good
pilot wings-nope
Madden snes-nope

and i cant really think of the other 1 or 2

I had more fun playing super tecmo bowl for my Nes

Sega G was even worse with Altered beast and rising star or something like that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2005, 09:47 AM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTim
Dont be such a dick.

"And while", who starts a sentence off with the word "and"?
No comma after the period in etc? Is launched the first word of a new sentence?
"but why do people insist on speculating and just making time up about realeases,". The syntax hurts my brain.
You either need a but before it in the last sentence(which still gives the sentence no structure), or you need to capitalize the I in it(which makes BOTH sentences fragments.

Have a neice day, and do'nt critcicize somoens grammer unleess you make prefect engislh?
Wasn't trying to be a dick, just help the guy along, otherwise he will continue the same, and others too will think that is how words are used, thus the chain continues. I do know that a sentence should not start with and, I try not to in life, but I was not writing a term paper. I see that I had a few spelling hiccups, but that is normal, not misusing a word. I also notice you had to edit your post, gee I wonder why.
Unlike you however, I did have something to say about the game and systems.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:01 AM   #23
Pro

While we are on the Xbox2 specualtions, I would like to add something else. I am not excited or interested in the least. I know that in the long run EA will make more money with this NFL exclusive deal, and I also know that the NFL sought the whole thing from the get go. But now seeing EA going after NCAA and arena just makes me sick. I really don't like their football at all, and with NFL being the biggest chunk of my gaming, this Madden only crap is about to send me packing. After GT4 and baseball this year, I see a big game buying dry spell coming up for me, where I would typically be looking forward to August and football.
I also relize that I am older and nearing the end of my major gaming, and there will be 1,000 more teenagers coming into gaming for every one of me leaving. But I feel that they are coming into gaming on a downslope. Sure the systems are the most powerful and best looking they have ever been, but that is not what sports gaming is about. It's about enjoying the sport(s) you love with the game(s) you love, and having a choice to decide which one suits you best. Not one maker telling you this is it, take it or leave it, we are the one maker of football and this is how it is. Well for me I will leave it, and any other games that may follow. Like I said sports and driving are what I play, with the very few occasional other games, so not only will I stop buying football alltogether, but also any other eye catchers I feel like trying. This is what the EA NFL deal has done to me. Also, I understand that games like HALO, Ninja Gaiden, Half life, KOTOR, etc are all great and amazing games that have huge followings and will continue to do so, and I am by no means knocking those when I say gaming is on a downslope. I primarily mean sports gaming.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:22 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
Wasn't trying to be a dick, just help the guy along, otherwise he will continue the same, and others too will think that is how words are used, thus the chain continues. I do know that a sentence should not start with and, I try not to in life, but I was not writing a term paper. I see that I had a few spelling hiccups, but that is normal, not misusing a word. I also notice you had to edit your post, gee I wonder why.
Unlike you however, I did have something to say about the game and systems.
This isn't English class, but a message board. If someone's spelling bothers you that much, PM him. No need to make public posts ridiculing people over their spelling, usage, etc. Show some class.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »