Old 03-01-2005, 11:13 AM   #33
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: xbox 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotaku.com

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/gossip/...led-033435.php

Not everyone has to wait around to hear details of Microsoft’s sexy new Xbox 360—and now, thanks to Kotaku, neither do you. An exclusive Kotaku source has revealed a bevy of facts about the next-generation console set to rock the Xbox world.

The original Xbox was a manly chunk of square black-and-green plastic meant to win over a generation of hardcore male gamers. The Xbox 360° will be about winning over gamers of all persuasions, with a customizable look and a kindler, gentler Circle of Light marketing campaign.

Our Cali source says that the console is a sleek silver device worthy of countertop display, and features an inhaled design that turns the harsh angles of the original Xbox into sweeps and curves. The device will also be able to stand upright or on it’s side, much like the Playstation 2. The side of the 360° is dominated by an oversized, back-lit power button called the ring of light, and the rest of the case can be customized with colorful designer face plates that pop on and off. The 360°s dashboard will also be customizable, making each console a thing totally unique to its owner.

Some of the inner workings of the 360° have also been confirmed. The device will feature high definition audio and video and wireless controllers, and will come in two flavors—one with a hard drive and one without. The biggest shock is that while Microsoft wants to make their 360° backwards compatible, they haven’t yet been able to pull it off.

“They’re working on it,” said our inside source.

I wasn’t able to get any pictures of the 360°, but Gizmodo’s Joel was kind enough to do a mock-up of it’s face plate for us

Nice read, I like the way they described the new X-Box's looks.

The part I put in Bold scares me though, will I need to have two X-Box's? One for XBI games, and another for my XBII games?

Last edited by Boltman; 03-01-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:14 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 13

The next Xbox may very well not come out this fall. With the increasing sales, Xbox is really on top of the market at the moment. I actually hope it doesn't come out intill 06 because I like the current consoles now and am not in the situation or mood to blow 300-500 dollars.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:23 PM   #35
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
The next Xbox may very well not come out this fall. With the increasing sales, Xbox is really on top of the market at the moment. I actually hope it doesn't come out intill 06 because I like the current consoles now and am not in the situation or mood to blow 300-500 dollars.

Well I know it's just your opinion, but I hope that it does come out this year, because I can afford to blow 250 to 350 (suggested price point, where did ya get 400 thru 500!?).

Just my opinion is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »