Home

Is 30 Franchise years enough?

This is a discussion on Is 30 Franchise years enough? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2005, 10:54 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Is 30 Franchise years enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bitz
As far as 2005 version of Madden is concerned one year is more than enough for me. I really expected more from EA this year, I didn't play Madden right off because I was waiting until the rosters were complete and what did I get for my patience.....

(I only play All Madden with default sliders on XBOX)
1.Heavy handed defense,fumbling left and right as well as picks galore
2.No blocking on offense,special teams,
3.Mario (as in Mario Brothers)running animations.

These things need to be fixed cause I definatly won't be in line this year for 2006 's version of Madden. I buy all football titles no matter who makes them only because I hunger for the experience I gave up to raise my children so that means I either need to get off my *** and play again, or only buy games that feel like the real experience.
Hmm...I think you may have wondered into the wrong thread. You see this thread is to discuss "how many years in franchise is enough", not the "do you like or not like madden" thread. Just thought I'd clarify for you
Old 03-07-2005, 11:23 PM   #18
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
my god i'd hope he'd sim. i play about 70% of my games and i've never made it past year 14. he's either simming or has absolutely no life and plays the game about 12 hours a day.

I sim more on Madden and NCAA because I love the franchise mode more than gameplay. I usually play early season games and playoff and the rest I sim. So 30 is probably cool because for those who like Maddens gameplay they will play an avg of 12 with one team.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:01 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Hmm...I think you may have wondered into the wrong thread. You see this thread is to discuss "how many years in franchise is enough", not the "do you like or not like madden" thread. Just thought I'd clarify for you

Well then let me try and clarify what I typed, It doesn't matter how many years you can play if YOU feel that the game is crappy. I've been an avid buyer and love the fact that they let you play 30 years but all I'm stating is that alot of buyers felt as if THIS particular game played VERY unbalanced....
Old 03-09-2005, 12:39 AM   #20
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
So, i take it you don't actually PLAY the games, you just sim??
Out of the 4 Pre-Season games I play 1 of them. Out of the 16 regular season games, I only play the teams in my division. So since I play as the Carolina Panthers I only play the Falcons, Saints, and Bucs which is 6 games total. And I play all of the play-off games if I even make it that far. And I play the Pro-Bowl only if I have a certain amount of players playing in the game.

Thats what I normally do, not always do. Sometimes I might play an extra game or two in Pre-Season. And sometimes I might play about 2 or 3 teams that aren't in my division, you know, like big games such as Sunday Night Football or Monday Night Football. Or maybe another team thats really good. Say I'm 10-0 and the team I'm play is also 10-0 but not in my division. I would normally play a game like that.

NCAA is a bit different. I normally play only the ranked teams. If I don't have many on my schedule, at the beginning of the season I would add about 5 ranked teams on there. I also play the first game of the season against a non-ranked/easy team to break the season in. I also play the last home game of the season to be sort of a Senior Day/Night type thing. The last home game for the seniors. And I play the Bowl game.

So in Madden I might have about 8 games I normally play plus the playoffs/pro bowl game.

In NCAA I also might have about 8 games I normally play. The 5 ranked games, the first game of the season, the last game of the season and the bowl game.

All the others I sim.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:41 AM   #21
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

I play about 50% of my season games

it all depends
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2005, 07:55 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bitz
Well then let me try and clarify what I typed, It doesn't matter how many years you can play if YOU feel that the game is crappy. I've been an avid buyer and love the fact that they let you play 30 years but all I'm stating is that alot of buyers felt as if THIS particular game played VERY unbalanced....
Thanks, now let me clarify for you what I typed. If you feel the game is crappy then put that in a thread pertaining to thoughts on the games quality, don't hijack threads about game discussions involving people who don't feel the game is crappy and actually play it.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:28 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
But thats assuming you take over in year 1. What if you want to sim ahead for the reason I described in my previous post and then take over a team as a GM?
Does madden have an option to start with all fictional players?...because that could help you out..
Old 03-09-2005, 02:02 PM   #24
Rookie

mjacks10's Arena

OVR: 6

I've never even simmed 30 years...I don't think I could play anything that long...especially a sports game & not eventually begin to lose interest. The most I've done over the course of a few days was 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »