Home

IGN'S MADDEN 2006 WISHLIST

This is a discussion on IGN'S MADDEN 2006 WISHLIST within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2005, 04:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I emailed Jon Robinson - writer of the article ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sap0321
Jon -

You are what's wrong with sports gaming today.

People such as yourself who actually have influence towards the gaming community and game developers should do a better service to those who spend our money towards their product.

If you want NFL Europe, Special Team drills, and Free Agent Agents - maybe you should just go play some version of NFL Blitz or something. The gameplay for Madden has been flawed and terrible for YEARS. Last year's commitment to Defense was a joke as well. In order to have the CPU be competitive, you have to play All-Madden level with AI sliders jacked up to the point where CPU Priest Holmes plays 10 times better than HUMAN Priest Holmes.

Those of us who are sick and tired of robo-CPU players in order for the gameplay AI to be competitive would like EA to actually put some work into their game this year instead of making a "Hit Stick" or a "Playmaker" feature again. Those features are nice, especially Playmaker. However, it's not very useful when the CPU's 77 rated DE blows up my 99 rated RT every play because I've had to adjust the break-block slider so far that the ratings are a complete non-factor.

I would love to think EA will put forth great effor this year to make the best football game ever - and now they don't have to rush to beat ESPN to a release date - but I have to admit EA's track record over the past couple of years doesn't have me optimistic. I am much more leaning towards them sitting fat in their chairs now that they have no competition and putting out a joke of a product again to feed arcarde joystick jockey's such as yourself.

I think your wishlist is a joke and I hate that you've filled more people with your stupid ideas.

SP
I emailed him as well. I wasn't as harsh, but I asked for some "real improvements" like website based league support, an accurate running game, and realistic gang tackling versus the hit-stick gimmick. Unfortunately, my suggestions did not make the readers' idea list. Something tells me they were asking for too much and EA wouldn't approve.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:05 PM   #10
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Wow... Humpdump is over here?
And suddenly the Madden forum has become the "Jilted ESPN Fans Who Are Mad At The World" forum?

Guess I didn't get that memo.

Of course, the "Militant ESPN Fans" have some curious conspiracy theories. I'm aware of no less than seven of them.

1. First, Tagliabue was brainwashed in mid 2004 by EA, because how could he ever approve a contract to the highest bidder, and to a developer who makes games for EVERY game system, and sells far more than the number 2 bidder? Clearly- he must of been of his rocker.

2. IGN is a puppet arm of EA, paid large sums to distribute pro-Madden propaganda to feed their fascist goals of world domination. They use a curious technique of backward masking on their website, and if you hit the back button at IGN fast enough, you'll see a brief text message that says "We Are EA. Resistance Is Futile. Assimilate."

3. QB Spy worked in NFL 2K5 as long as you typed in the secret Konami code from "Contra" (up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-BA-START) at the crib screen. The rest of us were just too dumb to realize it.

4. EA produced a hunter-seeker program to deliberately penetrate the CPUs of even the offline game systems running NFL 2K. This program would totally screw up ESPN's AI to AI trade logic in franchises, as well as cause several draft and penalty bugs. That same devious hunter-seeker program has been handicapping the NFL 2K series for several years, making it default to the same offensive/defensive playbooks from 3 years ago. This program also gave ESPN NFL 2K5 the same bad AI defense against posts and fades that Madden 2003 had.

5. EA hacked the computer network of Visual Concepts back in July, causing their automated systems to press, seal, and ship many thousands of copies of NFL 2K5 before they were playtested at all. VC just had to roll with a story of "We released it early" to cover the obvious embarrassment of the EA hack-effort.

6. EA sent a spy in the form of a pizza delivery man (who was really Madden producer Jeremy Strauser) to sneak in VC's offices and "ghost program" the abilities of the Kansas City pass defense into ALL of the corners and DBs in the NFL 2K5 game. He also programmed left offensive tackles to forget to block RDEs on 1 out of every 4 plays from scrimmage.

(That's one devious pizza delivery man. Strauser is sneaky like that.)

..this after sneaking into the offices of VC in 03/04 and re-rating all HBs to have Earl Campbell/Christian Okoye-like abilities.

7. EA bribed Chris Berman with a lifetime supply of beer and wings to help push the ESPN to EA deal. They also provided Michael Irvin with a lifetime supply of pimp-gear a-la "Huggy Bear" from Starsky & Hutch. The deal was then sealed immediately.

Admit it Humpdump66, my fellow Pittsburgher..you are laughing.

Last edited by quietcool72; 03-15-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:50 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
I don't know this Humpdump guy, but I'm laughing my *** off right now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #12
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: IGN'S MADDEN 2006 WISHLIST

J-Rob does it again
Old 03-21-2005, 12:26 AM   #13
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: IGN'S MADDEN 2006 WISHLIST

The first letter that they show in Part 3 of IGN's wishlist does a good job of representing the sentiment that most hardcore gamers feel toward Madden's gameplay.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:15 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Wow... Humpdump is over here?
And suddenly the Madden forum has become the "Jilted ESPN Fans Who Are Mad At The World" forum?

Guess I didn't get that memo.

Of course, the "Militant ESPN Fans" have some curious conspiracy theories. I'm aware of no less than seven of them.

1. First, Tagliabue was brainwashed in mid 2004 by EA, because how could he ever approve a contract to the highest bidder, and to a developer who makes games for EVERY game system, and sells far more than the number 2 bidder? Clearly- he must of been of his rocker.

2. IGN is a puppet arm of EA, paid large sums to distribute pro-Madden propaganda to feed their fascist goals of world domination. They use a curious technique of backward masking on their website, and if you hit the back button at IGN fast enough, you'll see a brief text message that says "We Are EA. Resistance Is Futile. Assimilate."

3. QB Spy worked in NFL 2K5 as long as you typed in the secret Konami code from "Contra" (up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-BA-START) at the crib screen. The rest of us were just too dumb to realize it.

4. EA produced a hunter-seeker program to deliberately penetrate the CPUs of even the offline game systems running NFL 2K. This program would totally screw up ESPN's AI to AI trade logic in franchises, as well as cause several draft and penalty bugs. That same devious hunter-seeker program has been handicapping the NFL 2K series for several years, making it default to the same offensive/defensive playbooks from 3 years ago. This program also gave ESPN NFL 2K5 the same bad AI defense against posts and fades that Madden 2003 had.

5. EA hacked the computer network of Visual Concepts back in July, causing their automated systems to press, seal, and ship many thousands of copies of NFL 2K5 before they were playtested at all. VC just had to roll with a story of "We released it early" to cover the obvious embarrassment of the EA hack-effort.

6. EA sent a spy in the form of a pizza delivery man (who was really Madden producer Jeremy Strauser) to sneak in VC's offices and "ghost program" the abilities of the Kansas City pass defense into ALL of the corners and DBs in the NFL 2K5 game. He also programmed left offensive tackles to forget to block RDEs on 1 out of every 4 plays from scrimmage.

(That's one devious pizza delivery man. Strauser is sneaky like that.)

..this after sneaking into the offices of VC in 03/04 and re-rating all HBs to have Earl Campbell/Christian Okoye-like abilities.

7. EA bribed Chris Berman with a lifetime supply of beer and wings to help push the ESPN to EA deal. They also provided Michael Irvin with a lifetime supply of pimp-gear a-la "Huggy Bear" from Starsky & Hutch. The deal was then sealed immediately.

Now, that' funny!!! You are wrong for that writeup! Yet, it is funny...good one!

Actually, though, regarding point one...ESPN was closing the gap this year as they outsold Madden on the Xbox - considerably. Anywho, that was funny.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »