Home

EA Speaks about the NFL, ESPN, and AFL Deals

This is a discussion on EA Speaks about the NFL, ESPN, and AFL Deals within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2005, 11:24 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: EA Speaks about the NFL, ESPN, and AFL Deals

Triple Play became Mvp baseball.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:16 AM   #10
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Just in case they've forgotten how I feel about the whole thing, EA can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned. They can try to put whatever spin on it that they want, but EA aint getting any of my money this year or anytime soon. And I don't particularly care if I'm the only one that feels that way.
WOW! Hey! Look everybody!

This is new!

I can't believe it! There's an ESPN fan over here venting in the Madden forums. This is indeed completely unprecedented! I for one am shocked!

I mean.. hmmm... when was the last time I saw such a thing here???

Oh wait! I know! I saw something similar in the last TWENTY or so Madden threads I read in the past half hour!

I think because this is becoming the latest trend in EA ***** posting, that at least- for our sake- the ESPN fan making the post should endeavor to be more entertaining and more innovative in trying to grab our attention. You know- set their post apart from the 200 others giving a similar message. Then we could rate them on a "Flame Post Novelty Scale".

Examples of posts that would really grab us and keep us glued:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBSpyDoesNotMatter2Me
"I hate EA so bad, that I'm not changing underwear until 2K gets the NFL License back"-.
or
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPNfantilldeath
"EA is such a corporate monster that as a protest I will hold my breath until they apologize for their actions"
or
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPNFanBoi4Eva
"I'd rather buy Professional Dwarf-Tossing 2K6 than Madden- oh wait, maybe Take two will get that license. I bet they'll make it innovative and with great presentation. I'd buy anything from them."
or
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungESPNPouter14
"EA is so evil that I refuse to save my allowance for anything with their name on it. Scru you EA! I'm going to say nothing but bad things about your company to the people on my paper-route.
But those are just some examples. I just wish that when people like that post, they would at least be INNOVATIVE (like ESPN..) and try to grab our attention with some BETTER PRESENTATION and comic value. At least entertain us if you are gonna try to annoy us. Then, we'll rate each post on a three tiered system. (A 1-10 rating for sheer whineyness, another 1-10 rating for shock-value, and another 1-10 rating for potential comic brilliance.)

I mean, seriously- if you are gonna post that kind of stuff like GTheorenHobbes did, at least make it stand out and try to amuse and enlighten us. Otherwise, we have to read about 800 iterations of "I hate EA and will never buy any of their games again" over and over again. I mean, think of us for once- will ya? It takes a mental toll on the average reader. So If you are gonna post and be a Madden/EA *****, at least endeavor to entertain us with your witty prose and amusing anecdotes, and shocking declarations of 2K brand loyalty.

I mean, is it too much to ask? Stuff like "EA can burn in hell" is just so... so... overused... so "yesterday's ***** post".

We're just asking for a little consideration here. At least try to dazzle us.

Thank you
Quietcool72

Last edited by quietcool72; 03-16-2005 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:39 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
"I think for those people that think that this is the end of innovation because it gets rid of competition, I think they just have too narrow of a definition of what competition is. The reality is, competition for Madden…is much broader than that. For us, competition is Halo 2, Grand Theft Auto, or any of those games," Sitrin said.

"There also seems to be this perception out there that somehow with all these deals that we can kick back and we don't have to innovate or there's no pressure. If anything, I think there's more pressure."

I think a lot of people are thinking the same thing i'm thinking, so you folks might as well sing it with me:

♪♪♪♪♪"Myyyyyy baloney has a first name, it's E-A-S-P-O-R-T-S!"♪♪♪♪♪♪
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2005, 07:19 AM   #12
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blahzie

I think a lot of people are thinking the same thing i'm thinking, so you folks might as well sing it with me:

♪♪♪♪♪"Myyyyyy baloney has a first name, it's E-A-S-P-O-R-T-S!"♪♪♪♪♪♪
I think the situation is what it is, and it isn't changing. That's the face of business. Get used to it. When the NFL put the license out to bid, EA did what ANY business would do to protect their product. They outbid the competition.

(Aren't they just horrible...?)

I also think that people need to play EA's next football game THEN b*tch about it, should it merit such b*tching. Some of you guys have already damned the product, set your mood against it- and not one of us has seen it yet, nor will we effectively judge it until we get to dig into it. To judge games before you have even seen them is true "B-A-L-O-N-E-Y"

It would be like if ESPN won the bid, and I was on here REFUSING to play the next version because of their history of playtesting gaffes and never-changing vanilla playbooks. I'd be wrong to do that, and I wouldn't do that.

Judge each game on its merits - ONCE IT IS RELEASED. Some of you ESPN fans are now doing the EXACT thing you used to get all mad about when Madden fanboys did to you (i.e. judge your game without playing it) Do you remember how ridiculous you though they were.

now...
grab a mirror.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:48 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
WOW! Hey! Look everybody!

This is new!

I can't believe it! There's an ESPN fan over here venting in the Madden forums. This is indeed completely unprecedented! I for one am shocked!

I mean.. hmmm... when was the last time I saw such a thing here???

Oh wait! I know! I saw something similar in the last TWENTY or so Madden threads I read in the past half hour!

I think because this is becoming the latest trend in EA ***** posting, that at least- for our sake- the ESPN fan making the post should endeavor to be more entertaining and more innovative in trying to grab our attention. You know- set their post apart from the 200 others giving a similar message. Then we could rate them on a "Flame Post Novelty Scale".

Examples of posts that would really grab us and keep us glued:

or

or

or

But those are just some examples. I just wish that when people like that post, they would at least be INNOVATIVE (like ESPN..) and try to grab our attention with some BETTER PRESENTATION and comic value. At least entertain us if you are gonna try to annoy us. Then, we'll rate each post on a three tiered system. (A 1-10 rating for sheer whineyness, another 1-10 rating for shock-value, and another 1-10 rating for potential comic brilliance.)

I mean, seriously- if you are gonna post that kind of stuff like GTheorenHobbes did, at least make it stand out and try to amuse and enlighten us. Otherwise, we have to read about 800 iterations of "I hate EA and will never buy any of their games again" over and over again. I mean, think of us for once- will ya? It takes a mental toll on the average reader. So If you are gonna post and be a Madden/EA *****, at least endeavor to entertain us with your witty prose and amusing anecdotes, and shocking declarations of 2K brand loyalty.

I mean, is it too much to ask? Stuff like "EA can burn in hell" is just so... so... overused... so "yesterday's ***** post".

We're just asking for a little consideration here. At least try to dazzle us.

Thank you
Quietcool72
While I too am a much bigger fan of the 2k series than Madden, this is pretty funny. I really like the smart a$$ delivery it has, very nice. Although I do see what "you mean" since you only told us what "you mean" to begin 4 sentences. But I am sure you know what "I mean."
Old 03-16-2005, 09:25 AM   #14
Banned

Grandmaster1's Arena

OVR: 3

What part of "The NFL put the liscense up for bid" don't fans of the 2k series get?
Old 03-16-2005, 09:32 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

I belive they ignore that part, their brain refuse to belive the Nfl is a business. A business that markets to singluar companies. Which is why players have to cover their shoes with tape, to hide the symbols.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2005, 09:35 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheroad
I belive they ignore that part, their brain refuse to belive the Nfl is a business. A business that markets to singluar companies. Which is why players have to cover their shoes with tape, to hide the symbols.

But not one of them is threatening to boycott the NFL, only EA.

And speaking of the logos thing on the NFL sidelines, you know the headsets that the coaches wear that say "Motorola" on them??

Well, Motorola doesn't even make those headsets! The headsets worn, which are part of the wireless system, are made by TELEX, but in order for them to put their own name on their own product, they have to pay millions of dollars!

I just think it's rather funny.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »