Home

EA could be in trouble

This is a discussion on EA could be in trouble within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2005, 12:37 AM   #41
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: EA could be in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
(PS: I like both games, incidentally- and not one year has gone buy where I haven't bought both. I would be telling the Madden fanboys the same thing if ESPN got the license.)
Just out of curiousity - if the roles were reversed, how do you think Madden fans would react? If anything, I'd expect the backlash to be far many times worse. I'm not trying to justify those that make comments just to start controversy or arguments of course. But there are many people that are level headed, and want to have their voice heard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2005, 02:06 AM   #42
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

I enjoyed 05.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:46 AM   #43
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

WowI can't believe I actually read this whole thread and man is it funny I mean one after another all about a moot point thats so old news it should have been realized like 3 or 4 months ago...this isn't only old news by now with E3 coming up it should be ancient news along with the fact that next gen consols are about to drop in a year or two...and oh yeah the PSP is going to be available at Best Buy starting 3:00 AM out here on the West Coast.

What I'm saying guys is common lets move on this storys been rumored, posted, fact found,and now fellas its end of story a "Done Deal" lets move on...now about that "PSP"...anybody?

More then likely the staff here at "OS...Da Spot"...will or should be droping some news worthy story...this ones done...Finn...Aloha...Sianara...Asta La Vista baby.

Read this read that and its the same old song just isn't that exciting anymore its old news by now...a "moot" point time to move on guys.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 03-24-2005, 08:55 AM   #44
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Just out of curiousity - if the roles were reversed, how do you think Madden fans would react? If anything, I'd expect the backlash to be far many times worse. I'm not trying to justify those that make comments just to start controversy or arguments of course. But there are many people that are level headed, and want to have their voice heard.
Well, by sheer numbers, the Madden voices would be louder and more numerous if the roles were reversed. No doubt.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:07 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

regarding the "what would it be like if Madden were eliminated" question...

Check the ESPN 2k5 baseball boards, how many threads do you see dedicated to pissed off MVP fans?

I know it is not an identical situation, but it is the best comparison that can be made at this point.

Obviously Madden fans would be just as upset, but I, for one, would see it exactly as it is, a done deal. No amount of complaining on my part would change things and I certainly would not be playing a game without the NFL license, much less an outdated game.

PhilC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2005, 09:20 AM   #46
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon14 Re: EA could be in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilCrenshaw
regarding the "what would it be like if Madden were eliminated" question...

Check the ESPN 2k5 baseball boards, how many threads do you see dedicated to pissed off MVP fans?

I know it is not an identical situation, but it is the best comparison that can be made at this point.

Obviously Madden fans would be just as upset, but I, for one, would see it exactly as it is, a done deal. No amount of complaining on my part would change things and I certainly would not be playing a game without the NFL license, much less an outdated game.

PhilC
Right on P., especially FOUR MONTHS (going on five months) after the deal was done.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #47
Rookie

mjacks10's Arena

OVR: 6

I thought 2K5 was slightly better than Madden , but that's probably because it fits my playing style more. I like to pound the ball & 2K5's running game gave me an experience that I can't get from Madden.

That's beside the point though. Each game did a good job of supplying the gamer with some things that the other didn't, however neither game was the Alpha & Omega of sports gaming. It's easy to criticize Madden's flaws, it even at times seems to be the "in" thing to do amongst some...I've been very critical of them in the past myself...but there were SEVERAL screwy gameplay issues that ESPN had that I made mention of on the ESPN games boards in their suggestions threads. Any sane objective person knows that the licensing deal was bad, but its not worth climbing to the top of Mt. Everst just to voice your displeasure with EA. Nor is it necessary to remind the entire board ever so often after sufficient time has passed to get over it.

Everything that could possibly be said already has. The horse is dead. Step beating it.

Last edited by mjacks10; 03-24-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:39 PM   #48
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjacks10
Everything that could possibly be said already has. The horse is dead. Step beating it.
Amen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »