Home

Next-gen sports gaming ruined for me...

This is a discussion on Next-gen sports gaming ruined for me... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Next-gen sports gaming ruined for me...

I've been looking forward to the next-gen systems for quite some time. The battle of Madden vs. the 2K series was starting to heat up and then just like that, it's over. Madden and only Madden for the next 5 years is something that I just can't stomach. I still can't believe EA and the NFL have done this. I have little to no desire to buy a next-gen gaming system now. I used to buy NFL 2K and Madden on occassion. Now, I see myself buying nothing...lol. If NBA 2K6 really blows me away, nd there's a good lineup of launch games then I might consider getting XBOX2. But, I'm not as excited as I thought I would be heading into the next era of gaming. EA...thanks. You ruined it for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Next-gen sports gaming ruined for me...

I think this belongs in the "Let's beat this dead horse some more" forum.....
Old 03-30-2005, 09:09 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I think this belongs in the "Let's beat this dead horse some more" forum.....
Do you guys who work for EA get free games and stuff?
Old 03-31-2005, 12:32 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
Do you guys who work for EA get free games and stuff?
I think they let them tour the factory and play the games before sending them out to websites to spread the word (or the EA Kool Aid, whichever they prefer).
Old 03-31-2005, 12:56 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac2k3
I've been looking forward to the next-gen systems for quite some time. The battle of Madden vs. the 2K series was starting to heat up and then just like that, it's over. Madden and only Madden for the next 5 years is something that I just can't stomach. I still can't believe EA and the NFL have done this. I have little to no desire to buy a next-gen gaming system now. I used to buy NFL 2K and Madden on occassion. Now, I see myself buying nothing...lol. If NBA 2K6 really blows me away, nd there's a good lineup of launch games then I might consider getting XBOX2. But, I'm not as excited as I thought I would be heading into the next era of gaming. EA...thanks. You ruined it for me.
Plz, dude. You're ruining it for yourself if you let a little sports title keep you from enjoying the entire library of games.
3.Minutemen(and Mike Watt's later stuff after Boon died)
4.Meat Puppets
5.The Pixies
There's a ton of others and although these guys are nothing new, they beat the **** out of 95% of the bull**** today.(Nickelback is the ****ing antichrist)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2005, 01:05 AM   #6
Rookie

jwired21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac2k3
you know what man? I have read these threads daily and it's the same thing every single day! the funny thing is, you and almost everyone else will be the first in line to get Madden when it comes out. I think most of you just complain to complain. It was a business decision! PERIOD. The NFL reached out to them. If you ran EA you'd pony up the coin too, because if you didn't then someone else would have. And to say you wouldn't is crazy. Hey, do I think it's right, NO. It's called life. I'll see you and everyone else that complains on a daily basis in here and every other forum online the day Madden comes out.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:24 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Zzzzzzzzzz...

Suit yourself. Wish I had an option but I dont..I wont come to a message board and cry about it. Ill get the next gen systems and madden, hopefully its something I enjoy if not, well life goes on.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:29 AM   #8
Rookie

So... Lemme get this straight... this guy is not going to get either of the possibly biggest consoles to hit since Saturn/PS wars? JUST BECAUSE a football company has exclusive rights? So, he's not interested in ANY other genre of games? Football-GEEK!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »